Thoughts?
    I mean, I have a tailgate, but…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D6FEFE9E-151E-49BC-9929-77AB3D79DE69.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	639.7 KB 
ID:	406454
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

It's pretty simple. Pull in, get your shit ready, grab your skis and go. At the end of the day skis go away first, then put the rest of your shit away.

I've noticed a lot of people fumbling around with their skis & boards...usually seems to be boards in the lots, leaning them on vehicles where they will inevitably fall over.

The marketing pic should've been on a sprinter or GOTOS rig. Missed opportunity.

I admit that I leaned my skis against my truck during a break and had lunch on the tailgate. Returned to find the edges had worn away a spot in the paint. Lesson learned, now I just lay the skis on the ground or snowbank.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I admit that I leaned my skis against my truck during a break and had lunch on the tailgate. Returned to find the edges had worn away a spot in the paint. Lesson learned, now I just lay the skis on the ground or snowbank.
    Tips-on-tires works as well.

Wife bought one…I find it useless. The rubber part that sticks out to keep your skis upright is way to short

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I need something that always keeps my skis separate and facing the sun. i'm obsessive about making sure they're dry before they go in the box to avoid rust on the edges. So many times I lean them on an open door and the door closes, etc.
    But the main trick when arriving at the car is two poles down parallel 4' apart, lay skis on poles
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I need something that always keeps my skis separate and facing the sun. i'm obsessive about making sure they're dry before they go in the box to avoid rust on the edges. So many times I lean them on an open door and the door closes, etc.
    But the main trick when arriving at the car is two poles down parallel 4' apart, lay skis on poles
    Why not just use a towel to wipe them down instead of waiting for the sun to dry them? What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Why not just use a towel to wipe them down instead of waiting for the sun to dry them? What am I missing here?
    Another funny story?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

He gets paid by the hour whereas you get paid by the job.

you'd be missing all the snow in the binding's crevices. i use a towel too. did i mention i obsess about it?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Could take a multi tool approach.

1) Brush off with windshield brush
    2) Battery powered leaf blower
    3) Mr Buddy propane heater
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

gene simmons would use his tongue to clear all the crevices...

fact.

Back in high school on one freezing ass cold morning, I leaned my K2s against the car while I scraped the windows. They slid and sheared the driver’s side mirror clean off.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    gene simmons would use his tongue to clear all the crevices...

fact.
    Just like mommy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I could see this gadget keeping me out of the Jesus Hercules I love my wife thread.

I have heard of this thing. I am typically loading and unloading 1 pair of skis and 1 pair of poles, but if I had a wife and kids I could totally see that thing being useful.
    It's pretty much a rule that if you lean anything on your car, it will fall over. It's really good for your car's trade-in value.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I’m confused. The first pic is a hatchback.

Step one. Open hatch.

Step two. Tips of skis rest on bumper.

If it’s spring then wipe the tails before loading.

But. Now that I can’t unsee that useless device.

I’m thinking magnetic holders for condiment jugs for GOTOS
    . . .

Just lean your skis against that other person's car... Seriously though my ski car is a FULL CONTACT sports participant. From the day I drove it off the lot I gave ZERO fucks about scratches and dings from recreational outings or pushing the shopping cart against it go keep it from rolling away before the stuff was unloaded.

Still looks good from a distance but up close she's peppered with dings and scratches bumper to bumper from fishing, camping, ski trips, and general daily abuse.. I've got other cars that I try to keep nice, but definitely not the recreational outings vehicle..
    Name:  Forester Side.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  89.4 KB
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Metallic gold or silver wears the best as far as car finishes.
    Mine is dark gray, so not only does it get hot in the sun, but it always looks dirty and scratched.
    No longer stuck.

if you set them on the ground they cant fall down
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    if you set them on the ground they cant fall down
    That's what I do. But if I had a wife and kids' skis to load up as well, I'd totally get the magnetic thing.
    No longer stuck.

shotgunners and rifle guys have been using something similar at matches for a long time, honestly the gun one would work better as the finger that hold the item upright stick out further
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

YOU PROBABLY HAVEN'T FIGURED IT OUT YET BECAUSE YOU'RE A MORON, BUT MOST SKIERS/SNOWBOARDERS ARE MORONS AND BUY THIS SHIT.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I’m confused. The first pic is a hatchback.

Step one. Open hatch.

Step two. Tips of skis rest on bumper.

If it’s spring then wipe the tails before loading.

But. Now that I can’t unsee that useless device.

I’m thinking magnetic holders for condiment jugs for GOTOS
    Jeez...this!

And actually, if the ground is frozen (w/ snow present or otherwise), I just lay them on the ground (gasp!). Works great. Otherwise: as described above.

Think I'll start a bladeless-knives-without-handles business, to corner this exact market.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Just lean your skis against that other person's car... Seriously though my ski car is a FULL CONTACT sports participant. From the day I drove it off the lot I gave ZERO fucks about scratches and dings from recreational outings or pushing the shopping cart against it go keep it from rolling away before the stuff was unloaded.

Still looks good from a distance but up close she's peppered with dings and scratches bumper to bumper from fishing, camping, ski trips, and general daily abuse.. I've got other cars that I try to keep nice, but definitely not the recreational outings vehicle..
    Name:  Forester Side.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  89.4 KB
    i've never understood the obsession with a perfectly unscratched car

i drive this thing 70mph down the freeway... through a foot of snow, and over dirt or gravel roads

the paint is to protect the body
    the bumpers are for bumping into things

who cares if it gets scratched or nicked here and there