Check Out Our Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 72 of 72
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Danby
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    No mate. If you are a 315 boot and exact middle of the binding and you move up to 376 toe position your midsole has moves a touch over 3cm. Same is true for going back to 253 toe position.

    You have a 6cm total range of position.

    yes yes. My bad. That’s what I was thinking but got stoned instead.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    5,210

    Demo bindings as DD?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    I’d honestly say the strive demos are not a compromise.
    That’s fair. I haven’t skied them yet and every pair offered here gets sniped quickly, so still waiting to try them out. The low stack height is attractive. They are still about 400-grams more per pair above a normal Strive 14 (closest equivalent), but also weigh slightly less than a set of Pivot 15’s. Definitely worth a look.


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    entrapped
    Posts
    2,616
    I don't have much experience with demo binders, but I am intrigued by the option of mounting a demo binding to find a preferred mount point and then mounting pivots.

    Couple questions:

    1) Are there any demo bindings that have a zero delta?

    2) Could I just shim a demo binding like an attack 13 or strive to make it zero delta? I've done this with all my pivots.

    3) How do stack height and mount point interact? For example, after finding a perfect mount point with a demo binding, does one mount a zero delta shimmed pivot forward/ backward a little?

    I'm pretty stoked to try this.

    I did experiment with mount points many years ago. I found little difference because I sucked then and had too much binding delta.


    Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    entrapped
    Posts
    2,616
    Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    I don't have much experience with demo binders, but I am intrigued by the option of mounting a demo binding to find a preferred mount point and then mounting pivots.

    Couple questions:

    1) Are there any demo bindings that have a zero delta?

    2) Could I just shim a demo binding like an attack 13 or strive to make it zero delta? I've done this with all my pivots.

    3) How do stack height and mount point interact? For example, after finding a perfect mount point with a demo binding, does one mount a zero delta shimmed pivot forward/ backward a little?

    I'm pretty stoked to try this.

    I did experiment with mount points many years ago. I found little difference because I sucked then and had too much binding delta.


    Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    So I answered a couple of my own questions:

    Deltas: https://www.skitalk.com/forums/gear-...omparisons.11/

    Shimming... why not.. only 3.5mm needed for Strive and 1.5mm for look Metrix.

    Mount point vs stack height (assuming no changes in delta)... well that's still a question.

    Most importantly will mounting a Strive or look spx metrix leave enough room to mount a pivot at 295mm bsl in the future? Which one would leave the most options open? (I'll ask this in mount your own skis thread too.)

    Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Posts
    947
    Quote Originally Posted by Steffenator View Post
    Thread bump.
    Anyone here happy (or not) with the Strive 13 demo binding as daily driver (soft and firm conditions)?


    Was a little nervous after a sketchy pre-release the first time I tried them, but I think that was due to the forward pressure being set wrong.

    This year I spent a couple days on borrowed Strive 13 demos in both hard and soft snow on a fairly powerful ski and had zero issues.

    Would happily ski them again and if I see some good deals I'd love to pick up a pair or two. Perfect for playing with mount point, avoiding hole conflicts, and skis that might get loaned to others.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    1,447
    Kinda a thread drift, but this got me wondering, why did the schizo never catch on? Low stack and you could adjust +/- 3 cm if I remember right. Cause marker?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    2,558
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Kinda a thread drift, but this got me wondering, why did the schizo never catch on? Low stack and you could adjust +/- 3 cm if I remember right. Cause marker?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was kind of janky. 99.5% of ski population don’t care. Was basically the demo binding. Which I have about 6 pairs of and was a great solution before the new version.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    7B Idaho
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    Kinda a thread drift, but this got me wondering, why did the schizo never catch on? Low stack and you could adjust +/- 3 cm if I remember right. Cause marker?
    Yea, I think it was mostly because it was a Marker product. I still have a couple sets and they do work OK. The Jester Schizo is better than the Squire Schizo (no surprise). They are OK for a single BSL to play with mount point, but if you want a set of skis to easily loan out then a true demo binding is easier to rapidly adjust for a different BSL. And the Schizos were to my knowledge all pre- Gripwalk or WTR which so many people have now.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,751
    I have some Tyrolia PRD GW bindings on a plate on my Kastle MX88s and they work great.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    5,701
    I'm not sure why I think the stack height on the stove demo is high, but if anyone feels like measuring and photographing the stack height to confirm, I'd appreciate it.

    Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    entrapped
    Posts
    2,616
    Strive GW 13 (demo) toe 21 heel 24.5
    from: https://www.skitalk.com/forums/gear-...omparisons.11/
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    5,701
    Ok bumping this again... I no longer have any attack demos so I don't know the stack height for comparison... anyone know?

    I thought the OG attack demo (non MNC, non gripwalk) was amazing... very low stack height and very precise.

    But the times I have skied the attack2 demo with a higher stack height I was not impressed.

    What's the best demo binding these days? Low stack height preference.

    Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    5,210
    The new Strive 13 D seems to win in terms of lowest stack height, although I haven't personally skied them. Warden 13 D's ski great for me, but are taller and about the heaviest demo binding around. Griffon 13 demos seem to have the tallest stack height and are right between the Strive and Warden in terms of weight. Those seems to ski well for me, too. No recent experience with Look demos.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Sun Valley, ID
    Posts
    2,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Ok bumping this again... I no longer have any attack demos so I don't know the stack height for comparison... anyone know?

    I thought the OG attack demo (non MNC, non gripwalk) was amazing... very low stack height and very precise.

    But the times I have skied the attack2 demo with a higher stack height I was not impressed.

    What's the best demo binding these days? Low stack height preference.

    Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Yeah Strive.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    31,589
    I got some 4frnt attak demo's what measurement are you looking for

    height from top sheet to top of AFD ??
    Last edited by XXX-er; 04-16-2024 at 02:54 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    2,808

    Demo bindings as DD?

    2022/23 look “spx 12” measure to 3.18 cm from topsheet to afd.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    31,589
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I got some 4frnt attak demo's what measurement are you looking for

    height from top sheet to top of AFD ??
    actualy they are 4fnt deadbolt 13's good binding IME

    27mm toe and 31mm heel topsheet to AFD measurment
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    5,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    2022/23 look “spx 12” measure to 3.18 cm from topsheet to afd.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Topsheet to AFD.

    Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    5,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    2022/23 look “spx 12” measure to 3.18 cm from topsheet to afd.



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Holy fuck! That seems really high!

    Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    5,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    The new Strive 13 D seems to win in terms of lowest stack height, although I haven't personally skied them. Warden 13 D's ski great for me, but are taller and about the heaviest demo binding around. Griffon 13 demos seem to have the tallest stack height and are right between the Strive and Warden in terms of weight. Those seems to ski well for me, too. No recent experience with Look demos.
    Yeah I think the warden demo skis better than the tyrolia attack2... the attack1 is a totally different animal but those are hard to find lately and my boots are gripwalk now so no dice.

    I'll look around for a strive.

    Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    31,589
    the 4frnt deadbolts have a continuous moving belt for the AFD that you might like
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    2,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Holy fuck! That seems really high!

    Sent from my SM-A536W using Tapatalk
    Probably. It wasn’t part of my purchasing decision but just looking at them I figured they were on the higher side compared to others.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •