ON3P tune question

Hey guys,

Got brand new stock Jeffrey 102 191's, and skied them for the first time today. They felt quite hooky, and were not tracking well, or together - like one ski would engage for a turn while the other ski stayed locked in. When I compare the edges to my other skis, they "feel" less sharp, but I know sometimes this can be hard to tell. It seems very noticeable though. Is this normal for ON3P's?

Do I just need to detune the tips and tails? If so, should I start with just a gummy stone? Or should I start lightly with a file and then gummy stone? What about a diamond stone on the edge angle? These skis are being used for all mountain - no park, no rails.

I am not opposed to taking them to a shop, but that's going to be a hassle and if this is just a tuning issue seems like I should be able to do it pretty easily.

I’m no tuning expert, but start with a true bar and see if they are flat, not concave. If they aren’t flat to start with you’ll never get there by hand. Proceed from there to edge adjustments; check base edge bevel, I like 1 degree. Then tip and tail. I usually go with a file on tip and tail and then gummy.
    If they’re not flat via true bar, you may want to contact On3p.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Gravity always wins...

It's more than likely a bevel issue.
    Reset your bevels, polish and detune accordingly.

+1
    My two last ON3Ps had no or too little base bevel. But they were flat.

Yup, same here, two pairs had basically no base bevel, set to 1 and all was good..