189cm ON3P Cease And Desist Mint

Don't really want to sell these, but I don't think I'll put as many days on these as I wish I could. I'm A: moving into a van (don't have room for all my skis), B: focusing on touring next year, C: I think these are a little long for me at my height and after losing a decent amount of weight this year.

They're pretty much brand new, Pow Tron was the original owner. 2019, 189cm, Asym. Year they went to the BG rocker profile, makes these the perfect resort powder skis.

Powtron put 3 or 4 days on them, I only put two on them. Bases and edges pristine, besides one deeper gouge. It's not near an edge, and not a core shot, so should be easy to repair. I waxed them when I got them, so good to go there. Topsheets in very good shape besides a few cosmetic nicks.

Awesome skis. They were mounted once for Tyrolia Attack 16's at 307mm bsl on the line. Should fit 25.5-27.5 boots not problem, I skied them with a 25.5 and they skied well at +0.5cm. Bindings have been removed. You could easily re-use the holes for attacks if you want, I’d just put some epoxy in the holes when mounting. I have some little packets of epoxy I could include.

Asking $350 flat plus shipping or free Denver pickup. Not in a huge rush to sell, so pretty firm on price. They can always go in my storage unit...

Theoretically could be interested in trades if anyone has some good tools, equipment, or possibly services I could put into the van build.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2274.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	405906

Name:	IMG_2275.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	405907

Name:	IMG_2276.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	271.8 KB 
ID:	405908

Name:	IMG_2279.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	369.1 KB 
ID:	405909

Name:	IMG_2280.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	323.7 KB 
ID:	405910

Name:	IMG_2282.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	405911

Name:	IMG_2283.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	405912

Glad to hear there’s nothing weird going on here. Editing but leaving the following so it makes sense.

Good luck with the sale Muggy!

This seems suspicious. Pretty sure Muggy put this exact ad up awhile ago.

Makes my spider senses tingle.

Sorry if I am complicating your legit ad Muggy. I am just concerned with the shady shit lately with mags getting compromised.
    Last edited by greasyslope; 02-15-2022 at 09:25 AM. Reason: No longer shady

I am Muggy haha. Re-did the ad because I took the stickers off these to reveal the glorious top-sheet underneath (Due popular demand). Thanks for the concern. Should probably update my password on here, been ages

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You’re really gonna do the van thing

I’m more interested in what leads you down that road
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

189cm ON3P Cease And Desist Mint

Ability to live/work anywhere remotely, makes traveling and adventuring with the pup (German Shepherd) much easier, makes ski/scuba/bike weekends much better, saves money long term (no rent) fun project to build? I’ve had the van for a year, and expect to take another 8 months building it now that I’m working full time. Has taken way more effort and time than I expected, but I’m happy with my design/decision and progress so far!

Example scenario: Head up to Tahoe after work on Friday night (wait til 7pm to let traffic die down). Arrive near a resort 10:30pm. Park wherever (lots of side roads, some resorts allow overnighters). Done. Have a beer and go to sleep. Wake up 8am, mosy on over for first chair. Ski all morning, stop by the van midday to warm up and let the dog out. Cook/eat whatever I want with full kitchen. Head back out, ski til last chair. Come back, chill with dog, have a nice (but quick) hot shower. Enjoy a beer, chill, make dinner, whatever. Repeat next day. Stay til late Sunday to avoid traffic, shower, get ready for week. Drive back late, park near work by 11pm, ready to go in the morning with 0 min commute.

Sounds pretty great to me! I expect to live in it til I get married and sell the van to put a down payment on a house (4-5 years?). Can’t imagine a better way to spend the rest of my 20s. Then I’ll probably build more of a weekend warrior van with all the new tech that’ll be out then.
    Last edited by Muggydude; 02-14-2022 at 09:05 PM.

What’s your van platform? Sounds rad, I had dreams like that, maybe I’ll get back to them but Covid really threw a wrench

These skis are awesome.

They are more floaty than BGs due to rounder flexed shovels if not as good as BGs in the crushing of variable, stomping gears enganged due to supportive tails, yet fairly loose due to the most tail splay the current iteration (that is basically a wider BG shape with a revised flex pattern) of the C&D has had.

I would not be afraid of sizing up on these, especially for pure pow skiing in more open spaces. They are loose and fun so plenty nimble for tighter spaces. They also guarantee lots of good times for the price they are on offer for here. Recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    These skis are awesome.

They are more floaty than BGs due to rounder flexed shovels if not as good as BGs in the crushing of variable, stomping gears enganged due to supportive tails, yet fairly loose due to the most tail splay the current iteration (that is basically a wider BG shape with a revised flex pattern) of the C&D has had.

I would not be afraid of sizing up on these, especially for pure pow skiing in more open spaces. They are loose and fun so plenty nimble for tighter spaces. They also guarantee lots of good times for the price they are on offer for here. Recommended.
    +1

If I didn't already have a pair ...
    north bound horse.

Pm sent.

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Solddd to whyturn. Glad they will be given a good home 🥲