Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mount location Stockli Stormriders 110TT

A good buddy just handed me a pair or these. The mount is crazy center mounted. They look very similar to my beloved MFree108’s but with a much larger TR. The mount line is about 2cm forward of the MFree. I am thinking about going-2 on them. Anyone played around with mount points on this ski?
    Pic for reference of ski in question.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4243.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	244.1 KB 
ID:	405772

Paging Marshal and zombie

I like mine on the line. These skis rock.

GREAT skis
    i really liked mine at -2cm. Felt super natural and dialed to me. i also tried them at 0 and -3, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal Olson View Post
    GREAT skis
    i really liked mine at -2cm. Felt super natural and dialed to me. i also tried them at 0 and -3, fwiw.
    Excellent. -2 just looks right. Thanks Marshal and others.
    Anyone else please speak up. Always open to other opinions.

Always felt mine had to be driven from the center foot on the line. -2 sounds about right.

Fun ski. Don't hit any rocks the bases are thin and delicate. Think I read somewhere the ski has no fiberglass in it- just bases, wood, and metal sheets "glued" together.

I skied mine on the line and nothing bad happened. I remember them being maneuverable in the trees… I’m also short at 5’7”. Good ski that I only sold because I got 191 Goliaths which I preferred the flat tail on.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    Always felt mine had to be driven from the center foot on the line. -2 sounds about right.

Fun ski. Don't hit any rocks the bases are thin and delicate. Think I read somewhere the ski has no fiberglass in it- just bases, wood, and metal sheets "glued" together.
    Well, I definitely don't think there's anything special about a stockli build, but this is wrong(@ least the no fg part)

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Well, I definitely don't think there's anything special about a stockli build, but this is wrong(@ least the no fg part)
    Interesting as I saw a video about this ski stating no glass, just wood n metal epoxied together.

Claims being made at 1:17
    Name:  -9PjWt-v_400x400.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  15.4 KB

Another interesting note on these skis.

From this ebay listing

As the story goes the US stockli rep/importer in 2012 received skis late in season and then retired from stockli

In 2013 stockli recovered a ton of skis from that reps storage unit. rather than put them on sale as that’s Not what stockli does, they were stored for a number of years and finally sold off. In 2019 we sold a ton of all sorts of stockli s from that stash! Including 87 pairs of these in 192! We found one more pair we forgot to sell!
    Sounds nobody ever paid retail for these. In the US anyways.

Another interesting note on these skis.

From this ebay listing

Sounds nobody ever paid retail for these. In the US anyways.
    Do skis ever go bad? I might pick up a pair for backup. I love these skis, and they make me a better skier, it's like they guide you into their sweet spot. I don't know about the construction claim, I think the hangup is polyester resin vs epoxy in the layup.

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Paging Marshal and zombie
    I sold mine to river59 before I had a chance to remount, but the line was definitely too far forward for my tastes. YMMV. I generally find I am happy with ball of foot on center of running surface on directional skis, but that measurement is more than a bit antiquated nowadays.

These skis most resemble the current Corvus, at least to my eye - where is the mount point on the Black Crows?

I've been skiing mine 110TTs since 2018 and really love them. Smooth City! I'm 6'4" 230 lbs. and have mine mounted on the line. A couple reviews mentioned they needed to be skied with more technique than muscle, which sounded odd but turned out to be true. They are generally forgiving but have a rather small sweet spot where they turn effortlessly, even in bumps. Perhaps moving the mount to -2 would change that. Just don't expect to carve on the 30 meter sidecut. A fine charger in the crud of powder.

Regarding the Stockli build, I read somewhere that they invented a proprietary glue that has shock absorbing qualities which bonds different layers unlike other skis, but that could just be marketing hype. Whatever they did it sure made these skis spooky smooth. They remind me of ON3P's feel with carbon and bamboo.
    Gravity Junkie

Excellent info d00ds! This is making me more excited to get them on snow. That long side cut has me all giddy as well.

Directional Ski

[QUOTE=2FUNKY;6544405]Excellent info d00ds! This is making me more excited to get them on snow. That long side cut has me all giddy as

I am pretty sure this was built as a directional powder ski despite the twintip.
    Gravity Junkie

Interesting to see all the recommendations to mount back of line. I’m moving mine +1 because I think the tail washes out too easily. Despite the stated turn radius this ski looks to be on edge and turn a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Interesting to see all the recommendations to mount back of line. I’m moving mine +1 because I think the tail washes out too easily. Despite the stated turn radius this ski looks to be on edge and turn a lot.
    That’s interesting as usually the tail washing out is from not enough pressure on it so moving back helps apply more pressure to the edge to the tail causing it to bite more.

Hi, this is a reminder that hackers have been getting into accounts with stale old passwords and causing mayhem scamming people in gear swap.

Update your passwords, be wary in gear swap, report suspect activity!

Claims being made at 1:17
    Name:  -9PjWt-v_400x400.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  15.4 KB
    Holy shit!
    Never heard of that.
    My bad

I think the default mount is way too far forward.
    I have a pair mounted that way and they feel like park skis.

I'd go at least -2 cm, maybe even -5cm.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Another data point for you:

I have the 192cm mounted on the line (-6.3cm from TrueCenter). That position feels slightly more forward than optimal for me, but not bad enough to motivate me to remount it. I never tried any other position, but my guess is that my fave position would be -0.7cm from the line (so my guess is I'd prefer -7.0cm from TrueCenter). The tail of the 110TT has some rocker, so I wouldn't go way way back like I would on a traditional flat-tailed Stockli ski. If you really want a traditional mount position way way back, probably better to just get a different ski without this rockered twintip tail.

- TRADE your heavy PROTESTS for my lightweight version at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Quote Originally Posted by ZomblibulaX View Post
    I sold mine to river59 before I had a chance to remount, but the line was definitely too far forward for my tastes.
    I felt the same for a time. I was coming off of 190 Qlabs as a daily driver, which also have a forward mount point. These needed an even more upright stance than the Qs. Thought about remounting back a bit, but then I spent a few runs consciously keeping my stance neutral and not aggressively driving the tongues. Ever since then, I have been very happy and won't be remounting. But I imagine back a touch would ski well too.

Killer ski. Super smooth.

Finally able to get these out after mounting some griffon demos so I could play with the mount location. 6-8” of pow on a firm base. Started at the recommended -2. Location felt perfect. Moved them to the line and -1. -2 felt the most comfortable for me. Plenty of tail, didn’t feel like I was standing on the tips. Super balanced. These things absolutely RIP! Feels like a race room gs ski on edge yet pivots and slarves with ease. They are like a missile through chop. So damp and composed. This is such a killer ski.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4387.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	411862