Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Awesome. So that should be like 12cm back from center. Compared to a lot of modern skis that is quite far back - obviously it's the classic mount...
    I measured straight pull so I'm tempted to say it's closer to -10.5 from center or along those lines. The Blister Review says Paul mounted just behind the new school line which is -8cm according to them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    I measured straight pull so I'm tempted to say it's closer to -10.5 from center or along those lines. The Blister Review says Paul mounted just behind the new school line which is -8cm according to them.
    Got it. Thanks

Just posted my 186 Max's in gear swap if anybody is interested. I think these would make a killer soft snow touring ski. I picked them up cheap planning for motorized back country and a heli trip last year. I ended up staying close to home since conditions were so good. I have duplicate skis in the quiver with touring binders.

Anyone have time on the megas? Not sure I love paying this much for a faction, but these would be a good option for me

I have a pair mounted with marker alpinist and they’re great. Feel similar to hoji designed skis, albeit not tapered as much. And they’re impressively light for such a wide ski yet don’t have that nervous feeling of a light ski.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Digging my pair so far. Have only gotten them out in soft snow from 6-12” here in the Wasatch and they float well and feel like they have enough backbone if I hit a firmer bump. Quick to change directions. I have them mounted on the new school line fwiw.

I have maybe 10-12 days on the Max, probably 15 days on the Mega, and a couple days on the Mini and Micro respectively.

La Machine Mega is one of my favorite skis ever. I used it mainly with Salomon MTN for below treeline touring. Light on the up and fun and super easy to ski on the down. Floats incredibly well and handles tight trees like nothing else I've tried. I for sure recommend it if you can find it for a good deal. If touring for good snow is all you do, then I recommend it even if you can't find a good deal.

As far as the Max goes, it was obviously super fun in deep pow, but I loved it in like 15 cm of soft snow. As long as it was fairly even, the Max made just a smaller amount if soft snow feel bottomless. I played around with mount points and settled on just in from of Newschool actually. We used to mount all our demos on the progressive line but I actually made the call to go forward on the Mega.

The smaller skis are great too, I'd probably pick a Mini as a steep skiing tool if didn't already have two options in my quiver. I used the Micro in a 170 length mounted with Dynafit Race 115 in a skimo race and that was phenomenal. Wasn't as fast as the people on race skis going up, but I go ski as fast as I wanted on the way down and rest at the same time.

All of them definitely need some sort of softer snow though. They're not made for hardback at all, and that's where I feel they start to make a little less sense. Especially the skinnier ones. But as longs as the snow is what I like to call "3D", you'll be alright.

The camber on all models was adjusted between pre-production and production if I remember correctly.

Edit: should probably say I used to work at Faction

Do the production models have more camber? The mega, designed for primarily touring in soft snow is what interests me most.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Do the production models have more camber? The mega, designed for primarily touring in soft snow is what interests me most.
    The mega has 1-2mm of camber.

A tiny bit more. But yeah, soft snow touring is exactly what it's for.

Shameless plug - might be parting ways with my setup (184s w/Zeds) once I get my HL BC110s mounted up.

No complaints at all with the Megas aside from the factory skins not gliding as well as Pomocas. I'm a sucker for full reverse skis and like trying out new stuff.

What’s the straight tape pull of the mega?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Non Blister Faction La Machine takes

Anyone know who makes faction skis?

Edit: family owned factories in Poland and Czech Republic.
    Last edited by CaliBrit; 03-21-2024 at 01:34 PM.

Bummed to hear that the max now comes with camber as well.
    I thought the Mega skied well, but I just prefer reverse camber in my bc skis in this width class.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Bummed to hear that the max now comes with camber as well.
    I thought the Mega skied well, but I just prefer reverse camber in my bc skis in this width class.
    It’s pretty damn minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    It’s pretty damn minimal.
    The pair I skied had a bunch of camber, 5-6mm