Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Just be patient, Grasshopper...
    Lol. We shall see. Being a Volvo and not a BMW/Mini, Jag/Rover, VW/Audi, Saab, or Chrysler-based product, I at least have SOME faith it'll be ok for at least a few oil changes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    The Vista Cruiser would have been much sexier, and only somewhat less reliable.

Nice ride!!
    Haha. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    When I dropped of my Volvo for some work this week I saw a guy towing in a Saab 9-3 with another Saab 9-3. The mechanic I was handing my keys to looked up and said, "Oh Jeesh." under his breath.
    Yo Dawg, we heard you like broke 9-3s so we put a broke 9-3 IN your broke 9-3!

Dawg.

I still call it The Jake.

Thread Fail. That car's gonna be way too reliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Always get a crack out when they see you try to pass, THEN they floor it, trying to not let you move past, but DENIED, bimbo! Peace out!
    Yeah, it's funny how the average person thinks they're slow boring cars. That was grandma's Volvo.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    When I dropped of my Volvo for some work this week I saw a guy towing in a Saab 9-3 with another Saab 9-3. The mechanic I was handing my keys to looked up and said, "Oh Jeesh." under his breath.
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Yeah, it's funny how the average person thinks they're slow boring cars. That was grandma's Volvo.
    Totally. Those sorts of people obviously haven't witnessed the awesomeness that is Liv2Ski's rad V70R. Such a sweet car. Counterpoint tho: My NA XC70 IS slow as balls. Haha.

I don't think any of the current lineup is NA anymore though and they're all decently quick. People used to assume my CTS-V was a grandpa car too. Muahaha!

That's cool tho. Sleepers FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Thread Fail. That car's gonna be way too reliable.Yeah, it's funny how the average person thinks they're slow boring cars. That was grandma's Volvo.

Ha!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9B907005-61B9-4051-A847-5DD49539A5B0.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	422.8 KB 
ID:	414835

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    why do folks complain about job security these days ?
    Because working on pieces of shit with no parts available isn’t a money making opportunity? I have one sitting in my shop with broken shifter pieces, which are unobtanium. We’ve searched high and wide, and we have good sources. Most people owning those quirky ass things don’t have the funds for custom work, if they did they’ve moved into the 20th century by now.

So how's the car?

I saw these and I wondered https://handupgloves.com/collections...jgBK3WW.KGvAKb

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    So how's the car?

I saw these and I wondered https://handupgloves.com/collections...jgBK3WW.KGvAKb
    So far, so good! Already racked up about 1.5K fun miles. Car is great but should benefit from better tires, slightly upgraded suspension to tighten it up and help reduce understeer, and one day an ECU tune. ^_^

Fun vehicle! Glad I got it. Been a great daily for the family. The 2+2 setup is surprisingly roomy! Good call by Volvo to do that instead of a rear bench with 3 cramped seats.

Hey, I missed the last run of this saga. What did you pay for that sport?
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Hey, I missed the last run of this saga. What did you pay for that sport?
    $10K flat. While certainly not a good "deal" in my mind (especially knowing what they went for a few years ago), I suppose it was a fair price considering the current state of the used car market. At least it's in darn near "like new" condition, and I've seen FAR worse out there for the money in my quest to hunt down a car. Was still one of the lowest prices for a T5 6MT coast to coast, so I can't complain too much. Esp for an R-Design. My main goal was to avoid a car loan at all costs, so mission accomplished. I'm stoked I could finally do that without getting a complete steaming pile of crap like some of what I looked at previously when my budget was more restrained. Now to start saving up for a V60/70/90 to replace my aging XC70 when it finally gives up, which hopefully will be a while. Still running great thanks to the Wrenching thread!

Should we end the thread since the mission to find the least reliable vehicle has concluded in failure?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Should we end the thread since the mission to find the least reliable vehicle has concluded in failure?
    Nah. We still have to find gravity something to replace his Rover. And since he's open to Rovers to begin with, there's plenty of hope for continued entertainment.

That said, I still may be game someday for a project RX-7/8, Mini Cooper S or classic Beetle, so you never know! Any of those may still be good candidates for this thread if I ever procure one.

I thought GL was getting along fine with his RR now that it's fixed?

For now, sure.

RR's are just one dropped shoe after another.

"Fixed" is a relative term on a sliding scale. Last I read he has a listing rig that only goes in circles due to a stuck rear brake caliper but it does drive..

I always knew he was a bit loopy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    For now, sure.

RR's are just one dropped shoe after another.
    I always knew he was a bit loopy.
    Ha!

I just replaced the right rear caliper today because it got sticky. Figured I'd change the oil while I was underneath and found some new oily moisture. Meh, it keeps the rust away :shrug: Short road trip coming up tomorrow then another 800 miler Friday>Saturday. If the next 3 months go reasonably well I'll be thinking new ride but until then I expect to keep my hands dirty.

Bump.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Bump.
    Harsh

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Harsh
    But deserved. On the bright side, at least the prophecy has thus been fulfilled! So that's cool. ....I think.

Bummer man... I was hoping this one might have been a step forward. At least you're used to lateral moves :shrug:

So now I'm on the hunt because of... RR failure. It was inevitable but makes me sad all the same, it was probably the nicest car I'll ever own and I'm bummed I can't give the supercharger one more good wringing out and watch the suspension automatically lower 30mm when it hits 100mph. Onward >>>>>

It's also making me sad that the car most needed in the household is a minivan So what, a nice Sienna or a dialed in Chrysler T&C? I figure the Toyota is probably too reliable for me heh

Pacifica is a nice mini van with style.

Vans rule. Sorry about the RR.

Yea if you’re gonna hold your nose and buy an FCA minivan, I’d get the Pacifica. It’s leaps and bounds nicer and better built. But I’d think long an hard about any FCA product vs a Toyota product.