Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    08 xc70 144K, $2K. I think it was phony ad, listed it as a sedan.
    Yeah. Possibly a fake. However, an '08 XC70 is exactly what I have and I can't imagine it'd be worth much more than a grand or two anyway. But of course I also have 215K on it. Running this baby into the ground.

I just passed on bidding for a pretty mint Subaru SVX. Winning bid was $5300

Kicking myself but I haven't finished 2020 project yet. 2021 project is good and garaged and 2022 project is daily driven. It's not 2023 yet

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yeah. Possibly a fake. However, an '08 XC70 is exactly what I have and I can't imagine it'd be worth much more than a grand or two anyway. But of course I also have 215K on it. Running this baby into the ground.
    Critically, the ad also said he'd lost the title and it was incumbent upon the buyer to procure a new branded title.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Critically, the ad also said he'd lost the title and it was incumbent upon the buyer to procure a new branded title.
    "lost title" can mean all kind of things like "can't find it" to it's stolen or wrecked/repaired then untitled. It comes up with used cars.

Nah if it's not a rust bucket it's easily $3500-4k, if it's clean 5k should be easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Nah if it's not a rust bucket it's easily $3500-4k, if it's clean 5k should be easy to get.
    Woah. For real? That'd be nuts. Even if I were a seller on this one, that seems almost wrong. Lol. Screw this car market.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Woah. For real? That'd be nuts. Even if I were a seller on this one, that seems almost wrong. Lol. Screw this car market.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    08 xc70 with 144k would list about 7-8k around here in Portland.

Bump for Porsche Cayennes.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Bump for Porsche Cayennes.
    Indeed. For reference: https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ct...637626257.html

I know we like to laugh at my Volvo misadventures, BUT both my latest acquisitions have turned out to be completely rock solid since sorting them out. It's honestly unnerving how good they've been. Time for a new project.

Just like I used to be with my ex-women, I like 'em a bit spicy. Dem red flags turn into green flags for me! Yeah, you pay for it dearly, but good golly are they fun in small doses. I do not expect a high mileage Cayenne to be a long-term commitment. Perhaps more of a hit and quit it sort of thing.

There’s a joke here about dating women who have their check-engine lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    There’s a joke here about dating women who have their check-engine lights on.
    Spicy women are like a Check Engine Light in that they can both be VERY costly? Can be a high price to pay indeed. Proceed with caution.

Now this is a bargain.
    https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...w-jersey-08084
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled222c.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	126.6 KB 
ID:	463470  

Indeed. For reference: https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ct...637626257.html

I know we like to laugh at my Volvo misadventures, BUT both my latest acquisitions have turned out to be completely rock solid since sorting them out. It's honestly unnerving how good they've been. Time for a new project.

Just like I used to be with my ex-women, I like 'em a bit spicy. Dem red flags turn into green flags for me! Yeah, you pay for it dearly, but good golly are they fun in small doses. I do not expect a high mileage Cayenne to be a long-term commitment. Perhaps more of a hit and quit it sort of thing.
    That seems like a lot of dough for 238k miles. I don't know anything about diesels but the V6 Cayennes all seem to need timing chain replacements. My buddy has one that was a spendy engine out of car affair. I will say if you can learn how to do vr6 timing chain jobs efficiently lots of sweet cars that can be had cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by mud View Post
    Wow, I nearly forgot how bad American car design could be.
    I still call it The Jake.

Ugly as that thing is the Taurus kept the doors open at Ford for a good 10 years. The last call girl of Ford .... It was better than the alternative, just by a smidge.

We had a mid 90s Taurus wagon with the tail gunner seat. Never put the kids back there for more than the "oh shit we have too many people to get a mile home from the pool, we hope nobody's looking and we don't get in an accident" type ride. Reason is the car seat laws got a lot more stringent AND the weight range for that seat pretty much overlapped the requirements to be in a car seat or booster seat, so it was useless. It was still a battlewagon of a car with a cavernous cargo area. Brakes eventually rusted out of it and we got rid of it.

Who's "we"? Your parents or you made the decision to drive a Taurus wagon?

My poor father brought home AMC wagon because he worked at the factory. Things got better when my rebellious Mom bought the first of many Japanese cars. He finally got out of garbage American cars like 30 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Who's "we"? Your parents or you made the decision to drive a Taurus wagon?

My poor father brought home AMC wagon because he worked at the factory. Things got better when my rebellious Mom bought the first of many Japanese cars. He finally got out of garbage American cars like 30 years later.
    "We" is my wife and I. It was relatively cheap used and we needed room for car seats. It fit three such full contraptions across. And it had the front bench so three adults and or over 12s could sit up front.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Ugly as that thing is the Taurus kept the doors open at Ford for a good 10 years. The last call girl of Ford .... It was better than the alternative, just by a smidge.
    Wasn't the alternative an Accord or a Camry?

On what planet was the Taurus smidgingly better than those cars?

I get that the Taurus served a valuable purpose, hell, I lament the death of the sedan; but outside of a fleet vehicle I can't imagine anyone actually saying "yeah, give me the one with oval windows".

Now, an older Taurus SHO, now that was a car.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

"Like a Group B car for the street"

Why does Ford build cool cars for the rest of the world and we get oval-windowed garbage and a never-ending supply of Ferd Eff-4Superdoodies with Salt Life stickers?

Wasn't the alternative an Accord or a Camry?

On what planet was the Taurus smidgingly better than those cars?

I get that the Taurus served a valuable purpose, hell, I lament the death of the sedan; but outside of a fleet vehicle I can't imagine anyone actually saying "yeah, give me the one with oval windows".

The $500 dollar used Taurus has provided cheap freedom to thousands of teenagers over the span of a generation, standing head and shoulders above the equivalent $5000 dollar used Camry. You could get 10 cars for the price of one!

But yeah, buying one new? No fucking way.
    Live Free or Die

The transmissions really liked to break in those Taurus’s too

Why does Ford build cool cars for the rest of the world and we get oval-windowed garbage and a never-ending supply of Ferd Eff-4Superdoodies with Salt Life stickers?
    This is why Ford's on my shit list these days. After years of us envying the Europeans, Ford FINALLY threw us a bone and brought us the mighty Focus RS and feisty little Fiesta ST... and just barely after giving us the goods they were like "JK! TROLOLOLOL!" and axed their ENTIRE car lineup sans the Mustang in favor of absolute garbage like the EcoSport.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    The transmissions really liked to break in those Taurus’s too
    Didn't matter all that much when you could just junk it and go pick up another $500 used Taurus. They were a dime a dozen and were honestly pretty decent transportation for many a family and teen or college student. Reliable enough, dirt cheap to buy (used), and plenty roomy. But yeah, their transmissions were definitely the weak link. Ugly as sin cars IMO, but one has to kind of appreciate them for the purpose they served. Gotta look at it from a Regular Car Reviews perspective.