Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    I'm stuck with around a $10k cap is the problem and the Toyota tax gets in the way. 100k vs 200k miles is the difference. I'm thinking these because parts are easier to find and cheaper, Honda probably fits this too. It's too bad Mazda 5 parts are challenging because they drive better.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Bummer man... I was hoping this one might have been a step forward. At least you're used to lateral moves :shrug:

So now I'm on the hunt because of... RR failure. It was inevitable but makes me sad all the same, it was probably the nicest car I'll ever own and I'm bummed I can't give the supercharger one more good wringing out and watch the suspension automatically lower 30mm when it hits 100mph. Onward >>>>>

It's also making me sad that the car most needed in the household is a minivan So what, a nice Sienna or a dialed in Chrysler T&C? I figure the Toyota is probably too reliable for me heh
    Pacifica Hellcat?

I'm stuck with around a $10k cap is the problem and the Toyota tax gets in the way. 100k vs 200k miles is the difference. I'm thinking these because parts are easier to find and cheaper, Honda probably fits this too. It's too bad Mazda 5 parts are challenging because they drive better.
    Just go find an 05-08 Honda Odyssey that's has a timing belt/water pump done and re enter life of a semi reliable car ownership. If you actually had money, time, skills and space it would be a different story.
    After driving it for a couple weeks you'll wonder why the fuck you resisted the minivan game. It's actually much more functional and practical than a suv or truck for most people.

Heh. I hate SUV's but the wife hates minivans. She has finally come around and agrees with me after 20 years so it's finally gonna happen. I'll get myself something fun over the winter but for now I need to get to work more often and we need it for life stuff. I had vans back in the 80s so I have an idea of what I don't like inside, I've driven a few over the last 20 years and know what I don't like about driving them so it's off to do some test driving the next few days.

Some guy on TRG had an older AWD Sienna that he wanted to get rid of. It was a month or two ago so it's probably gone.

Between our 2 businesses that often need to move large things that need to stay out of the weather, no. It also makes traveling with the dogs that much more pleasant and the ski/bike locker room thing...

The two middle generations of Sienna are cavernous inside. They've caught up to Honda and have gotten smaller.

I can't believe good ol Dodge hasn't shoehorned a hellcat motor in a minivan yet.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Some guy on TRG had an older AWD Sienna that he wanted to get rid of. It was a month or two ago so it's probably gone.
    I sold it in about 8 hours post Craigslist ad. Cheap, AWD Siennas go quick

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    I can't believe good ol Dodge hasn't shoehorned a hellcat motor in a minivan yet.
    me either

the hellavan
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    Yes they do.

Quote Originally Posted by kathleenturneroverdrive View Post
    And I had considered snapping that up when you posted it, but couldn't justify it.

You guys are gonna laugh at me (feel free), but wife and I are batting around the idea of buying a 2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD with a pretty broken engine and axle. Valves are bent up at the very least. IF I can get the seller down a few more grand, could be worth dicking around with... Maybe... WTF is wrong with me? Maybe gravity and I are just gluttons for punishment. Too bad "reliable" cars are so far out of reach these days. Oh well. Kind of laughing at myself for even THINKING about buying yet another completely non-functional vehicle.

This thread lives on. So now perhaps my C30 can be demoted from least reliable car for Montucky to 2nd least reliable, eh?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    You guys are gonna laugh at me (feel free), but wife and I are batting around the idea of buying a 2013 Volvo S60 T5 AWD with a pretty broken engine and axle. Valves are bent up at the very least. IF I can get the seller down a few more grand, could be worth dicking around with... Maybe... WTF is wrong with me? Maybe gravity and I are just gluttons for punishment. Too bad "reliable" cars are so far out of reach these days. Oh well. Kind of laughing at myself for even THINKING about buying yet another completely non-functional vehicle.

This thread lives on. So now perhaps my C30 can be demoted from least reliable car for Montucky to 2nd least reliable, eh?

Have you considered seeing a therapist?

Quest for the Least Reliable Vehicle for MontuckyFried

Last edited by mcphee; 07-23-2022 at 05:31 PM.

This time I'm gonna let Montucky carry the torch. I've (almost) accepted that I need to pay the Toyota (or Honda) tax this time.

This time I'm gonna let Montucky carry the torch. I've (almost) accepted that I need to pay the Toyota (or Honda) tax this time.
    Or just buy a Nissan or Mazda.

Most critically, stop buying Euro POS money pits.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Or just buy a Nissan or Mazda.

Most critically, stop buying Euro POS money pits.
    I'm totally on board with Mazda. I've had a bunch of em, but haven't found anything I've wanted lately other than the new 3 (out of my price range) and a used RX-8 which I still totally may get one day. Anything Nissan from the Carlos Ghosn era is a hard pass for me. Tin cans. I've rented a ton of them and they've become Dodge shitty IMO. Wouldn't mind that new Z tho! But again, price is the limiting factor.

At least with Volvo, they're not RR or BMW bad quality wise. Lotsa Ford parts and my XC's been pretty bomber overall. LOVE the interiors.

Nissan is a hard pass and Mazda doesn't make what I need.

Thanks man. ...I think.

Do you have a bus pass ?

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Do you have a bus pass ?
    Hey now. My old XC's still trucking along. 208K now! Just a crappy A/C and broken radio is all. Drives great tho! Silky smooth engine and dat new Bilstein suspension is really nice.

Nissan is a hard pass and Mazda doesn't make what I need.
    I get that, but it's too bad because Mazda makes some really great and underrated cars.

But at least we'll be entertained!

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post

Where is the car located? There is a distinct possibility that is the rig my mom spieled a deer in last year.
    swing your fucking sword.