Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    I kinda want a Renault now.

Older (or Newer) Mercedes Sprinter Van
    Bonus if the dealer will let him live in it while it sits in the lot for a few months while waiting on parts. #vanlife.

We need to locate a cheap Renault turbo rally car. This, but cheap:
    https://www.sanfranciscosportscars.c...turbo-2-c-492/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Look, I'll grant the wisdom of sending our boy Austin down the path to enlightenment through self-denial and a level of forced humility that can only be achieved by owning a French car. But a Citroen? That's the kind of half measure that brings perfectly viable acolytes to ruin.

Montucky is clearly interested in being stranded in the middle of nowhere by something cheap and weird that he can break his knuckles on while hiding from his family. Spending a little hard-earned money on tools and parts and earning the respect of his selected peers for what some may see as foolhardy or outright quixotic. He wants to lay in a pool of oil and coolant, with an aptly-named trouble light at his side while he curses long-dead engineers whose numerous mistakes were committed a third of a world away.

For this experience there is but one place to go. Where the cars are so unwanted that the ads predate the recent surge in used car prices. Where the idea of taking money for the car at all carries a certain guilt. And the larger guilt of initiating a new member into the club (even informally) precludes any guile and sets Montucky up for honest, if totally horrific, transactions. I speak, of course, of the Renault Club of North America:

https://forum.renaultclub.us/forum/m...or-sale-wanted

Apologies in advance. Godspeed.
    Nail meets head. Dammit, you have me pegged. I'm intrigued by that 1982 Le Car. Hahaha. I am such a car masochist.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Older (or Newer) Mercedes Sprinter Van
    Bonus if the dealer will let him live in it while it sits in the lot for a few months while waiting on parts. #vanlife.
    Had a Sprinter already for work duty. Great freaking vehicle. Definitely doesn't qualify for least reliable in my experience with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Had a Sprinter already for work duty. Great freaking vehicle. Definitely doesn't qualify for least reliable in my experience with it.
    I have one for work too. It is a POS and can't even get it into the dealer for service 6 months out. Only the dealer can clear the codes. Not sure how people live in those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I have one for work too. It is a POS ... Not sure how people live in those things.
    They're popular as hotel shuttles, so it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say I've ridden in hundreds of sprinters, and every one of them was a rattly tin can.

Parfait.

That forum is pretty dead. Apropos of the subject matter.

A salvage title Maserati that's been through flooding.

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ct...444584612.html

Nail meets head. Dammit, you have me pegged. I'm intrigued by that 1982 Le Car. Hahaha. I am such a car masochist.
    The 4-door? That might help. The back seat of a 2-door Le Car is slightly easier to escape from than Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary. Probably lucky it sold.

The jerks on the Renault club forum are probably figuring out ways to house cross country travelers who pick up aspiring parts cars in distant states. Anything to sustain their tribe's existence. Watch yourself.

The unholy union of Renault and AMC:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BandW.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	344.5 KB 
ID:	405594

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    the Q3 is good, but the much rarer Q2 French-Italian love child is the real disaster. Are Citroens too old to consider? A Citroen Sm? Hydro suspension, headlights that turn with the wheels, all the benefits of French engineering when lunch involved 2 bottles of wine per person and a stray Gaullois ash could ruin the drawing but no one would give a fuck?
    https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...m/2492992.html
    andthe perfect shady dealer too
    Just watched a Grand Tour episode with one of those. Good episode. I’d pick that car for him too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

A friend of mine had one of those, '82 or '83, that thing was a blast to rally around Boston on 2 wheels in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post

The unholy union of Renault and AMC:

Name:	BandW.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	344.5 KB 
ID:	405594
    Is it just me or does that flying Le Car look like it's en route to a harder nose-first landing before they cut to one softly continuing on its merry way? There's a metaphor in there somewhere.

the a8 is a good idea but it’s worth spending a little more for one with an engine:

https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/f...444182986.html
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Is it just me or does that flying Le Car look like it's en route to a harder nose-first landing before they cut to one softly continuing on its merry way? There's a metaphor in there somewhere.
    Definitely

I'm thinking they needed at least two for that commercial. Just like real life ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Definitely

I'm thinking they needed at least two for that commercial. Just like real life ownership.
    Ya, my neighbors when I was a kid had a bunch of them before they upgraded to Saabs.

Amateur hour in here.

The Lada?

Name:	Lada.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	951.4 KB 
ID:	405642

Any will do, but this one is ready for your suffering.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/17418950096...MAAOSw-89eRFt9

le car was a strong suggestion.
    Last edited by MiddleOfNight; 02-12-2022 at 06:30 PM. Reason: le car.
    north bound horse.

Somewhere I read a description of Ladas as being constructed of compressed rust.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    "1975 Bricklin SV-1, 351 Cleveland Engine"

Not unless someone swapped one in.

A Bricklin would be perfect. Imagine Montucky walking (not driving) into a rural Montana Napa store to ask for parts...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.