Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Yeah. I guess I am a bit of a car masochist. I DO kinda ask for my mechanical woes sometimes.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Yes... yes you are. And yes, yes you do.

This is too reliable, but Montucky should definitely buy it.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9781160487679/
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    This is too reliable, but Montucky should definitely buy it.
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9781160487679/
    Needs to go in the GOTOS thread...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Needs to go in the GOTOS thread...
    I posted it there too
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Yeah. I guess I am a bit of a car masochist. I DO kinda ask for my mechanical woes sometimes.

how is your blue tarp quiver ? HF close by ?

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    how is your blue tarp quiver ? HF close by ?
    My blue tarp game is strong. Funny you say that though. There's a guy down the street with an old, presumably broken BMW that's been sitting under a blue tarp for ages now. Guess we're kindred spirits. I just need to park a car in my lawn up on blocks, letting the weeds grow around it, to complete the look I'm going for.

Hell, you're in Tejas, go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

OOH! Daddy likey! I used to have a '96 DeVille. I freaking loved that old hoopty. Ssssooooooo smoove floating down the highway. Crazy good mpg for it's size too. Had the Northstar V8 and I'd average around 28 hwy. Solid car til rodents chewed up the wiring under the hood and it caught fire. Little bastards. I loved that car. RIP.

As to that beauty you encountered, unfortunately an old Caddy is a hard no from my wife unless it's a CTS-V with a stick. Still wish I could get that in wagon form in my price range. FML.

Update on the broken S60 tho. Still for sale (of course) and seller reached out to me saying a buyer flaked out. It's out of town so will see if I can go up there tomorrow with a fistful of cash rocking 1's like a broke guy going to a strip club and will see what I can make happen. If I succeed, then I'll have TWO sweet broke down cars out of 3. Haha.

I drove by it again today, the guy has upgraded the for sale sign from homemade on cardboard to a more professional one from the TrueValue hardware store. Could make it go fast.

Don’t ignore the free firewood. That’s a great deal. It’s like getting the car for free, and who can ignore a free Cadillac ?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

For your entertainment pleasure, I am now the proud owner of a (broken) 2013 Volvo S60! T5 Premier Plus w/ AWD. Valves are jacked but we'll see if we can manage to save the motor. Either way, car's top of the line and in great shape so even if I have to spring for a replacement engine I should do ok.

Here she is in my drive. Hood propped open, as is tradition. Actually just charging the battery since it's totally dead. Looking forward to resurrecting it! Wish me luck. See you all in the Wrenching thread! I'm actually excited about this one.

Name:  PXL_20220731_183223121~4.jpeg
Views: 225
Size:  69.0 KB

We will be entertained.

Luck on the way since u will need all of it lol

It's not too late to smash your junk in a drawer and save yourself some pain.

Wait, I haven't been following. Montucky did you just buy another broken Volvo?

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    He did. Amazing, ain't it?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    It's not too late to smash your junk in a drawer and save yourself some pain.
    Give me a few months in the garage and I might have to agree with you. Til then, at least it's pretty! It's like a having a gf who's a model but won't put out... Yet. She's gonna make me work for it! And even then, there's still no guarantee.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Yup! Almost like a meth addiction but with less missing teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Ever considered making YouTube videos of the repair attempts? I'd watch, especially if there is lots of swearing and throwing tools involved.
    Narration by Ozzy Man would be awesome.

Wait... so he waited until his *new* Volvo broke to buy *another* broken Volvo??

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    We will be entertained.
    Excellent! Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Luck on the way since u will need all of it lol
    Thanks! I will need it indeed. I already needed the required specialty Volvo tools for my C30 head gasket job so I figured "What the heck? Why not tackle TWO head jobs at the same time?!" Get my money's worth out of these super specific, not cheap tools, right? Haha.

FWIW, I picked up the new ride for about 15% what I saw one at my local dealer's lot for. And this one's in WAY better shape and with less miles, so worth a shot, right? Now the dealers a rip off so toss that number out, so from what I've seen private party, Im still coming out about 1/4 the cost. So best case, I can fix this. Worst case, I take it to my mechanic for an engine swap. With the used car market still being totally wack, Imma try and see what I can do. Gotta fix my C30 first tho. Learn on that. Then after I know what I'm doing with head work, will get balls deep in the new one. Pretty much the same exact engine which is why I'm even considering doing this x2.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Ever considered making YouTube videos of the repair attempts? I'd watch, especially if there is lots of swearing and throwing tools involved.
    I've thought about it. Less for YT purposes and more for my own documentation's sake. So when it comes time to bolt everything back together I'll have something to refer to. Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Narration by Ozzy Man would be awesome.
    That WOULD be. At least for the first go around, it's gonna like the Three Stooges up in here. Second time should hopefully proves less dramatic after I learn all the little tricks.

Austin, would it not be easier to have an engine (working) shipped to you from an auto wreaking yard? Pop that bad boy in and be on your way?
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Austin, would it not be easier to have an engine (working) shipped to you from an auto wreaking yard? Pop that bad boy in and be on your way?
    Oh quite possibly. And I may end up ultimately doing that. However I at least want to take it apart to examine the condition of the engine and the extent of the damage. I might luck out and end up being able to salvage it. Only one way to find out! El cheap-o Harbor Freight engine hoist, here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Wait... so he waited until his *new* Volvo broke to buy *another* broken Volvo??

Ed Zachary.

Good news: montucky becomes so proficient at hg jobs on Volvo 5 cylinder he starts flipping them for enough cash to make weekly runs to Mexico for hookers and blow.

Bad news: he has two dead cars in a million pieces that can't be sold cause one has a rebuilt title and the other is missing half the engine stuffed into coffee cans and a pissed off wife. The worst part is he can't even sleep in the garage cause it's overloaded with 2 disassembled motors so he has to sleep in one of the cars after wife throws him out of the house.

Haha