Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maggot Callout

Maggot Callout

To the person who used my promo code & then disputed/ bank charge backed their order, pls make this right. Your order was filled, the manufacturer was slapped with a fee & those of us who share our promos will stop hooking up this community.

I’ve got your real name, email & address.

Ffs. Be interesting to hear their side. They need to be outed as I don’t want to do business with someone like that. Super weak.

Wtf...do not screw with Fight Club deals under any circumstances.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Michael-Jackson-Popcorn-GIF-Meme-Eating-Popcorn-Featured-StudioBinder.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	405458

seriously that is some bullshit. the hookups that exist in this community are astounding, and that kinda bullshit can not be tolerated

Where I work, we routinely see people get one legitimately-fraudulent charge on their statement, and then when they call the bank to dispute it, they have the bank reverses all charges for a few weeks around that date. Unethical people treat one fraudulent charge like winning the lottery. Honest people call and have us bill them again.

The bank doesn't challenge it, because they get a fat $20 chargeback fee on each transaction, so the more the better. The retailers lose big, and have to raise prices for everyone else to cover the losses.

These scumbags should be in jail.

.Name:  10783386-3x2-940x627.jpeg
Views: 1194
Size:  100.8 KB
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

You don’t have to dox him.

But you can say the user name

Fuck those people.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post

But you can say the user name

Fuck those people.

Agreed

I'm already sharpening my pitchfork...
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

I'm putting money on someone's spouse/SO seeing the bill first, not recognizing the purchase. Maggot played dumb to avoid marital heat for buying more skis without mommy's permission...
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    I do not have their username. It was a code only shared here, so I’m betting someone here is or knows who this individual is.

edit: posting while iriponsnow was saying he doesn't have a username. Did you just post the code up in a thread? That could be anyone from the internets. If you only PM'd it to certain people, then post up the list of suspects.

edit edit: was it from this thread? https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-off-Carv-code Don't post up discount referrals like this. This isn't a secret corner of the internet and it could have been anyone. You don't have to be a registered user to browse the gear swap forum. Ask people to PM you codes like this and then you know who has it.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Dox them.

It didn't come with the powderskirt.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    edit: posting while iriponsnow was saying he doesn't have a username. Did you just post the code up in a thread? That could be anyone from the internets. If you only PM'd it to certain people, then post up the list of suspects.

edit edit: was it from this thread? https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-off-Carv-code Don't post up discount referrals like this. This isn't a secret corner of the internet and it could have been anyone. You don't have to be a registered user to browse the gear swap forum. Ask people to PM you codes like this and then you know who has it.
    Yeah could have been anyone on the net and not likely a mag

the plot thickens

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

+1

Take a lap, the Mag has reached out & it was not the Carv code. Hopefully Mag/Manufacturer can sort this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Dox them.
    Not my style.

It will get hashed out right.

Shit. Pitchfork is all sharpened up with no one to fork. Guess we’ll head down town and see what we can find.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Take a lap, the Mag has reached out & it was not the Carv code. Hopefully Mag/Manufacturer can sort this out.
    Fuck dude, you get us all hyped up for a callout pitchfork mob action, don't actually call the dude out, and now you're settling it on our own? Fucking blue balls man.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    no one to fork
    There's always digital death's mom

Maggot Callout

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Where I work, we routinely see people get one legitimately-fraudulent charge on their statement, and then when they call the bank to dispute it, they have the bank reverses all charges for a few weeks around that date. Unethical people treat one fraudulent charge like winning the lottery. Honest people call and have us bill them again.

The bank doesn't challenge it, because they get a fat $20 chargeback fee on each transaction, so the more the better. The retailers lose big, and have to raise prices for everyone else to cover the losses.

These scumbags should be in jail.
    This certainly happens, but you’re dead wrong on a couple points:
    - the bank doesn’t earn a fee, they pay one. Ours is currently $25/transaction. It’s an indirect violation of regulations to charge a fee for a dispute, even just to cover/defray direct costs.
    - for that reason, any well run chargeback department will require that the customer demonstrated that they have attempted to resolve the situation with the merchant directly before processing a merchant dispute. People lie, though. And that isn’t your example anyways.
    - the bank loses in almost every fraud dispute circumstance, which is what you’re referring to. Unless the merchant is doing something stupid like refusing to upgrade to chip terminals, the bank pays for the transaction. The whole thing, plus that fee.

And agreed, people who abuse consumer protections afforded by regulations should be punished.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    There's always digital death's mom
    She seems nice
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Shit. Pitchfork is all sharpened up with no one to fork. Guess we’ll head down town and see what we can find.
    Fuck dude, you get us all hyped up for a callout pitchfork mob action, don't actually call the dude out, and now you're settling it on our own? Fucking blue balls man.
    I know, I know, my apologies for not piling on the adults behaving poorly ethos of late!