Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Compromised Accounts

Vladimir Putin and his minions have been busy hacking accounts and then posting in Gear Swap. More details here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...OPPERS-MAGGOTS

Read these wise words:

If you have been logging into the site with h00k3rs4nd8L0w since 2003, please update it to something unique so we can stop these fuckers. And, feel free to report any too good to be true FS listings.

To change your deets,
    - in edit settings of the form <- then go to email and password
    - then change your password at the top

That should get you back into the app and forums, etc. So easy a dentist could do it.

Good luck and stay safe.
    Beneficent Oversight Committee Member.

Ooh, that's a really good password thanks for the idea

!Y0urS1sterPullzTrains

she must be quite strong.

Compromised Accounts

Hey Mods. BMills needs a little help. He changed his password to run from the Russian bots and now his posting privileges are revoked. Can any of you fix that? I mean, I think we could all use a few BMills free days, but helping him out is probably the right thing to do.
    Last edited by EWG; 02-14-2022 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Hey Mods. BMills needs a little help. He changed his password to run from the Russian boys and now his posting privileges are revoked. Can any of you fix that? I mean, I think we could all use a few BMills free days, but helping him out is probably the right thing to do.
    He's going to have to come back as BeMills now. He pulled an Iceman.

It took me a day before I got logged out of the app and had to sign in again with my new password.

Hey Mods. BMills needs a little help. He changed his password to run from the Russian boys and now his posting privileges are revoked. Can any of you fix that? I mean, I think we could all use a few BMills free days, but helping him out is probably the right thing to do.
    It's a feature, not a bug. Culling the herd.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yeah that’s fair.

I figured it out, and my new Russian friend only scammed $400 from a mag who didn't know me, and who bought alpine bindings from a telemarker with someone who has never had a venmo account and didn't even have goods and services prevention, and, which pissed me really off, is that I have never been hacked, and every single security flaw has been a TGR thing. It's on the TGR side. Hell, I've never sold a thing on gear swap, only given things away for free.

Fuck their lazy ass shit. I don't care if this place gets yanked, or is free, because if people are actually getting fucked, via very personal PM's, WHICH THEY ARE, there is more than a server door collection that is required to make this place remotely viable.

Or institute a major recommendation that paypal goods and services and a phone number and conversation occur via pm before doing a gear sale.

Sorry, racist, could have been a white kid from SLC or a Nigerian.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Hey Mods. BMills needs a little help. He changed his password to run from the Russian bots and now his posting privileges are revoked. Can any of you fix that? I mean, I think we could all use a few BMills free days, but helping him out is probably the right thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    He's going to have to come back as BeMills now. He pulled an Iceman.
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    It took me a day before I got logged out of the app and had to sign in again with my new password.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Haha! Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

No ötzi moment here. Yet.

Thanks EWG and Danno for the help. Not sure if it was something y’all did in the server closet or not but I tried logging out of every device I may have ever used to access this place and then logging back in only on the desktop this morning and that seemed to do it.
    I still call it The Jake.

I believe my choices are:

1) Leave my password as is and risk being impersonated.
    2) Attempt to change my password and risk getting locked out forever like iceman.

Hmmm.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    I believe my choices are:

1) Leave my password as is and risk being impersonated.
    2) Attempt to change my password and risk getting locked out forever like iceman.

Hmmm.
    I took the leap of faith and changed my password (I think). I used a desktop computer and went through the previously mentioned steps. I did get an error message, but it appears that was after my password was updated. I logged out and logged back in, but was then presented with a login page *again*. Definitely not the smoothest process. At least I didn't experience iceman's fate.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

RIP Iceman. Long live Iceman.

Iceman died in jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Iceman died in in a Prodigy email account.
    FIFY

I changed my password and now I can't log in on mobile web. I end up in an infinite loop. "Thanks for logging in, Kevo" and then I am taken back to the main forum page and I'm logged out. Any idea how to fix?

Yeah. It's weird. I changed my password after hearing about the compromise, but now can't login on computer at all, but mobile app lets me in. Full site keeps saying my password is incorrect even though same pass works on mobile. Hesitant to change it again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Just wanted to let you all know that I bought the hacked TGR accounts from the Russians for $37 and 12 pounds of bacon. American bacon - they didn't want whatever the hell that canadian crap is.

Anyway, I think it's a good investment. I plan to sell Benny's account to the highest bidder.

Also - it's turns out iceman's old password was "jorDAch3".

Just wanted to let you all know that I bought the hacked TGR accounts from the Russians for $37 and 12 pounds of bacon. American bacon - they didn't want whatever the hell that canadian crap is.

Anyway, I think it's a good investment. I plan to sell Benny's account to the highest bidder.

Also - it's turns out iceman's old password was "jorDAch3".
    This could help the thread get to HoF status.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

On the whole iceman thing, the mods have deked the fuck out of me twice on that in recent memory. A few months ago, one of them PM'd me that they thought they had figured out how to reanimate the man of ice, and they'd be in touch about it shortly. Months passed and nothing. I kinda had my hopes up at least for an opportunity for humor. Oh well.

But then, about 10 days or 2 weeks ago, one of them PM'd me asking if I knew what they they had done to fix iceman, because somebody else had the same issue as he (I) did. Seemed odd that they would be asking me what they had done, but I just said, shit, nobody bothered to tell me it's fixed, I have to try it! So I tried it, and nope. Not fixed.

I think they're just fucking with me now.

Yea so, that thing I said a while back (or maybe recently) that pissed you off. You know who you are, I don't want to call anyone out. I was all, why is he/she so pissed at me?
    Turns out that was HackerBots. Sure am relieved to find out I'm not a douche after all.
    We're cool now, right?
    I feel like we're cool.
    However many are in a shit ton.

You must've really said some shit to get a bot pissed at you.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Seemed odd that they would be asking me what they had done
    you had contact with the hacker!

Tried to change my password but it said my password didn't match and to go back and try again. huh?

Tried again and same thing. So, how do I change my password?