Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    there’s relevant info in the thread linked in the first post of this thread. look for the shit about changing your pass in two places.

yes, it’s not a good system.
    Unless you don't have access to your old email. Because i tried that. After setting it in the forum didn't work. The issue is many of us have lost access to old email systems.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Well, I believe I did that convoluted process and somehow the browser account access worked. Now after reset, the browser initially worked, but now it doesn’t but the apps do.

Edit: now it works after several resets.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Alpinord; 02-20-2022 at 08:47 PM.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

The forum is working like a well oiled machine.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The forum is working like a well oiled machine.
    Does anyone have one of those AOL CD Roms they could send Ice to help him try and get back into his email address?

I'd ask my mom but I think we finally got her to throw her stack out sometime in the mid-aughts.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Does anyone have one of those AOL CD Roms they could send Ice to help him try and get back into his email address?

I'd ask my mom but I think we finally got her to throw her stack out sometime in the mid-aughts.
    Funny you should mention that. When I joined I was using a netscape.net address. That got consumed by AOL at some point and the address converted. Now both are long gone.

Compromised Accounts

I don’t have much to say about people who lost control of accounts because the system’s only simple way of authenticating (since TRG doesn’t collect other data like phone number, SSN, or “secret questions” that could aid in account recovery) relies on a now-defunct email address.

But if the problem is simply that you don’t know what password your browser has been using to automatically log you in, most browsers let you go into settings to view its collection of usernames and passwords.

Wooly12 is signed out and leery about trying to sign in to many times. He he clicked a button once and erased 42,000 tunes.
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

I was able to reset password and restore access via browser but not mobile. Good news/bad news: I'm not here as often...

I have no clue who half you people are anymore since this started and the Olympic thread brought in some new (old?) faces.

A detailed org chart for this place would be helpful, or at least a current roster.
    I still call it The Jake.

riser4==riser3

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    I don’t have much to say about people who lost control of accounts because the system’s only simple way of authenticating (since TRG doesn’t collect other data like phone number, SSN, or “secret questions” that could aid in account recovery) relies on a now-defunct email address.

But if the problem is simply that you don’t know what password your browser has been using to automatically log you in, most browsers let you go into settings to view its collection of usernames and passwords.
    The problem with needing an account every silly place one goes is that things get forgotten. Yes, it would have been prudent to update my email address when it changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    Vladimir Putin and his minions have been busy hacking accounts and then posting in Gear Swap. More details here: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...OPPERS-MAGGOTS

Read these wise words:

If you have been logging into the site with h00k3rs4nd8L0w since 2003, please update it to something unique so we can stop these fuckers. And, feel free to report any too good to be true FS listings.

To change your deets,
    - in edit settings of the form <- then go to email and password
    - then change your password at the top

That should get you back into the app and forums, etc. So easy a dentist could do it.

Good luck and stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    I tried to change and it said my emails didn’t match. Went back in to see if the ruskies added an email to it but didn’t see, but was able to do the whole forgot password email link and it worked.
    Allegedly.

Tried the advice above but still no luck. Got a VBulletin message that said my password isn't correct. It has to be correct, because I'm logged in using my password

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Tried the advice above but still no luck. Got a VBulletin message that said my password isn't correct. It has to be correct, because I'm logged in using my password
    did you change it in two places, as described in the linked thread? Here is a direct link to a post showing both places it needs to be changed. And yes, it's fucked up that it has to be done this way.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The fix for the email address issue is probably to check what's currently configured and ask a mod to change it via PM if you no longer have access to the old addy?? Trying to do a password reset first or trying to change it yourself results in loss of access to the ID.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    ask a mod to change it via PM
    Reporting a post (with a description of the problem) is actually a good method, because then every mod gets the report. For some reason, I cannot access the panel where email addresses get changed, so PMing me would just add an extra step in the process.

Reporting a post (with a description of the problem) is actually a good method, because then every mod gets the report. For some reason, I cannot access the panel where email addresses get changed, so PMing me would just add an extra step in the process.
    Like a well oiled machine.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Hey Mods. BMills needs a little help. He changed his password to run from the Russian bots and now his posting privileges are revoked. Can any of you fix that? I mean, I think we could all use a few BMills free days, but helping him out is probably the right thing to do.
    Same thing happened to my account Crock. had to create this one to post, but don't want to lose my old account. Halp!

Quote Originally Posted by Crock2.0 View Post
    Same thing happened to my account Crock. had to create this one to post, but don't want to lose my old account. Halp!
    as stated just above your post

I reported your post so hopefully someone with access can help.

Like a well oiled machine.
    Indeed.

The problem with needing an account every silly place one goes is that things get forgotten. Yes, it would have been prudent to update my email address when it changed.
    stop

just stop

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    stop

just stop
    Calmer than you are, dude.