Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    It’s not the community, it’s the user interface that keeps us coming back.

Or creating a new username, and then coming back.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Tried to change my password but it said my password didn't match and to go back and try again. huh?

Tried again and same thing. So, how do I change my password?
    I tried to change and it said my emails didn’t match. Went back in to see if the ruskies added an email to it but didn’t see, but was able to do the whole forgot password email link and it worked.
    Allegedly.

Just got 3 more PMs while I was out. Wheels are turning. Allegedly.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Sure you did “Iceman”

Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

It does feel positively Sisyphean, I agree.

So I tried the password reset, and I know my existing password and can use it to login, but never received the email. I may have a different email address or something (but that is the one that I get the other TGR notifications for subscribed threads- so really doubt it, but pretty sure I should have been able to match the old password and enter a new one 2 times that matches (just shows **** or dots and no reveal or showing what you typed. Sent an email off on the issue to the server contact, but nothing from that either.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    So I tried the password reset, and I know my existing password and can use it to login, but never received the email. I may have a different email address or something (but that is the one that I get the other TGR notifications for subscribed threads- so really doubt it, but pretty sure I should have been able to match the old password and enter a new one 2 times that matches (just shows **** or dots and no reveal or showing what you typed. Sent an email off on the issue to the server contact, but nothing from that either.
    I didn't get an email either. The whole system is fucked.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Can’t change my password as it still doesn’t recognize my email. Ugh

You guys thought I was just a dumbass but actually I was a trailblazer as always.

You guys thought I was just a dumbass but actually I was a trailblazer as always.
    Fine line.

Jury is still out..

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Can’t change my password as it still doesn’t recognize my email. Ugh
    Changed successfully! Whoohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Changed successfully! Whoohoo!
    Fuck. Every time one of you changes your password the list I bought from the Russians has a little less value. Thankfully, most of you are still using "iblamerobstory" as your password so I should be good for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

If these are the hamster wheels that power the TGR servers, it explains everything

Those look like newer versions of the TGR hamster wheels.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Not even sure what to do at this point. I hate this forum tech they are using. I'd been using the mobile and the web version, both remembered my password, and was fine until early this week. Incorrect password. I used the forgot password functionality, but it would not recognize my email address. (Spelled incorrectly it said.) I tried every variation of capitalization I could think of. No luck. So, went to create a new ID. (Which obviously is not what I wanted...) No luck, email address not available...NO SHIT, well why doesn't the forgot password like it....

Anyway, after MANY attempts at various low security passwords I've used over the years, guessed right. Yeah...back to TGR forums! I think at this point, just going to leave it. I could care less if the Russians have this password at this point. Very confident I use it for nothing but TGR at this point...No response from the support email...but I am guessing they are busy? Good times.

Edit: This does feel like deja vu perhaps a few times now over the years...

That's the second time I have seen "support email" mentioned. Not sure what email address y'all are referencing but the only people supporting a damn thing here are the mods. And we have very little power. And in true TGR fashion, we recently gained a little more power, but not entirely, as for some reason only some of us can access the new admin panel (or at least I can't).

FWIW, the reason we asked people to change passwords was not because the Russians stole it and will start accessing your bank accounts. It's because they were hijacking actual TGR accounts, and listing (fake) shit for sale in Gear Swap, and scamming other maggots. So the point isn't that your password isn't important with respect to other websites; the scams are happening right here.

Puma, I can PM you the email associated with your account, if you think that would help. But I get that the tech is all fucked up for all of us; it's not necessarily user error. And apparently, sometimes the server needs to think about a password change for a while before accepting it.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thanks ml242. That was amusing. There was no way to get anybody's attention. I tried support@tetongravity.com which appears in a few places including the new registration email (see below). It has already been stated that nobody reads that. I put some help me messages in my location and some other profile fields, hoping somebody would notice. In the end, I reported one of my own posts with my pathetic cry for help.

Password reset totally broke my account. I guess the moral of the story is keep your email address up to date?

What thoroughly puzzles me is why when I created riser4, it gave me partial access to riser3, but I couldn't post or send PMs??? My creation request was more like an account rename request???

Oh well, best not to dwell on it. I'll take down my help messages as I come across them, all better now.

Thanks again ml242.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Wait, I'm confused. So you created multiple Risers at one point for a moment just like this? Or Riser4 is just Riser3 with a sideways avatar?

I'm so lost here anymore.

I took the blue pill

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Wait, I'm confused. So you created multiple Risers at one point for a moment just like this? Or Riser4 is just Riser3 with a sideways avatar?

I'm so lost here anymore.
    No. And yes.

When I changed the password on riser3 it would no longer let me post or PM. Then the new password would revert to the old password. Rinse lather repeat. Along the way I tried to update my email address as the old address was no longer accessible, the service went away years ago. Then I got the bright idea to create riser4 using my current email. Ya, risertoo would have been funnier. Unfortunately, riser4 wouldn't function either. And, for some weird reason, it sort of took over riser3's data. It in effect became a rename. Still broken. But with the correct email. After a few more days, I resorted to reporting one of my own posts as an abusive post. That got ml242s attention and he re-enabled my account. He's my hero. I don't think I could make up anything to top this.

I think the lesson is, if you no longer have access to your old email, you're hosed if you try to change the password or email address. Maybe the kids can weigh in here. I'm guessing it happens because it sends an email to that old address and requires a reply, along with disabiling the functionality of the account.

Well yes. Technically.

Ötzi blazed a trail

Up into a glacier

And died.

And finally came back ten thousand years later.
    What a trail to blaze.
    . . .

The reset worked for using the browser access to the site, but not for iPhone or iPad apps. 'Login failure'. What gives?
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Compromised Accounts

there’s relevant info in the thread linked in the first post of this thread. look for the shit about changing your pass in two places.

yes, it’s not a good system.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi