Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: $4K Trail Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Biggest difference is the dropper BikeYoke Revive on the SLX is pretty high end. Deore comes with the KS dropper which is like a $120 part. Groupset s are like 229g different so it should be closer to 1/2lb.

If you’re used to better shifting then the SLX is a better buy. $300 upgrade price for full SLX plus a dropper that costs $200 more isn’t bad.

But if you’re planning on eventually upgrading to XT or 4-piston brakes/longer dropper then the Deore is the way to go. Ride it til it breaks and then upgrade.
    FWIW, the Ripley AF SLX I just got for Mrs C came with 4-piston SLX brakes, and 180 F + R rotors. May have been luck of the draw -- Ibis' spec is for this bike to have 2-piston SLX.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    FWIW, the Ripley AF SLX I just got for Mrs C came with 4-piston SLX brakes, and 180 F + R rotors. May have been luck of the draw -- Ibis' spec is for this bike to have 2-piston SLX.
    Interesting. Obv part of the supply chain gamble, but may make the SLX upgrade worth it. Anyone have thoughts on sizing with these Ripley AF? I'm 6'1 which puts me at top of L or bottom of XL per the Ibis chart

Also, in case you order a Ripley or Ripmo AF and it doesn't come with the frame protection kit:
    https://store.ibiscycles.com/product...protection-kit

Email Ibis about it, and they'll mail one out to you. I did this today -- they just wanted me to register the bike with them (warranty reg), and forward the warranty confirmation to the Ibis online store. Mrs C's bike only came with the chainstay guard, nothing else.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

$4K Trail Bike

Sweet. My RipmoAF just shipped from Jenson. I’m a little miffed they didn’t let me swap in a different coil spring than comes stock but the bike was such a smoking deal I guess it doesn’t matter that much. If anybody has a 2.25 spring in 550lb hit me up

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Also, in case you order a Ripley or Ripmo AF and it doesn't come with the frame protection kit:
    https://store.ibiscycles.com/product...protection-kit

Email Ibis about it, and they'll mail one out to you. I did this today -- they just wanted me to register the bike with them (warranty reg), and forward the warranty confirmation to the Ibis online store. Mrs C's bike only came with the chainstay guard, nothing else.
    Thanks for this.

Ya, Ibis has incredible customer service. Generally very generous, and everybody who answers the phone knows everything. And if you email, good chance you’ll hear back from Chuck himself.

All this Ibis talk. my buddy is selling his Large Ripmo. PM and I'll put you in touch.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

The trail bikes that were $5K are now $4K. Oh well, I've gotten $1,000 in value out of my Mayhem already.

Oh well. While I was hemming and hawing about L vs XL, looks like the Ripley AF is pretty much gone everywhere. Only reason I was going to grab one is because of the 25 off deal, but looking historical , that just brought the price back in line with where it was a year ago.

Alchemy Arktos is on sale, and they have inventory. Nice build kits.

You might still be able to get them. I heard their warehouse was over filled, which is why they are having the 25% sale off the AF frames. Probikesupply.com is still showing larges available.

For L or XL, how tall are you? I am 5'10" and ride a large Ripmo. Normally ride a medium in other brands.

I was late to the Ibis AF party, so I asked several retailers about ordering in one at the sale price. Responses varied from "no longer available" to "sale still on, lots of availability from Ibis, but delays in shipping from the warehouse due to order volumes and covid". While I was debating what to do, a large Ripmo AF showed up back in stock at an online retailer yesterday and I bought it.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-...d-aeris-9.html

They make 150 mm, 130 mm and hardtail flavors, too.

Bought time someone takes advantage of the undercut

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

If anyone's interested, I'll have Performance-level (X01 w/ RS Ultimate suspension) Propain Hugenes available in the next month or two. S, M, and L, very lightly used and in immaculate shape for just over $4000.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Interesting. Obv part of the supply chain gamble, but may make the SLX upgrade worth it. Anyone have thoughts on sizing with these Ripley AF? I'm 6'1 which puts me at top of L or bottom of XL per the Ibis chart
    XL

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    You might still be able to get them. I heard their warehouse was over filled, which is why they are having the 25% sale off the AF frames. Probikesupply.com is still showing larges available.
    For L or XL, how tall are you? I am 5'10" and ride a large Ripmo. Normally ride a medium in other brands.
    I'm 6'1 with like 34-35 in arms , think like a 32 inseam but haven't really checked . Haven't ridden a modern geo bike so not sure how to size when exactly between on the chart.

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post

Pro bike supply only has frames left at this point. Not complete bikes

$4K Trail Bike

https://bikeco.com/product/ibis-ripl...lver-in-stock/

https://bikeco.com/in-stock-frames-completes/

Bikeco still showing availability. Been working with Ian there, and he’s been awesome. Am planning to have them do a couple upgrades on a Ripley AF when they build it in the shop - 140mm fork, XT shifters, total about + 100 bucks.

They had quicker lead time than probikesupply, and didn’t charge tax in my state. Win all around.

Figured it wasn’t worth starting a new thread, but if anyone is interested in stretching their $4k budget I’m selling a 2022 Stumpjumper.

$4,750

https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3289852/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E486FFAA-B328-4CAF-A474-87AA878085B6.jpeg 
Views:	85 
Size:	550.2 KB 
ID:	423059

Still beating the Ripley AF info to death. How much difference does the KS Rage I 170mm dropper in the Deore build vs the BikeYoke Revive 185mm in the SLX build make? I'm coming from an old non dropper bike so have no frame of reference

The Revive is a "forever" dropper. It will stay super smooth for years and years and years. It's well worth the premium. I know a guy who literally rides every day for like the last 10 years, and I sold him my 160mm Revive a couple years ago. He's done zero maintenance to it and it's still working great.

Quote Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
    The Revive is a "forever" dropper. It will stay super smooth for years and years and years. It's well worth the premium. I know a guy who literally rides every day for like the last 10 years, and I sold him my 160mm Revive a couple years ago. He's done zero maintenance to it and it's still working great.
    This is true, with the exception that it will develop a small amount of wiggle like most droppers. Nothing like a reverb, but my Revive had noticeable play after a few seasons of riding and replacing the brass pins didn't change that.

$4K Trail Bike

I have a Revive. It’s fine. It requires servicing just like any post, and develops the same play. Also the need to reset just makes me angry at this point. Mine started sinking a couple months into ownership and getting BikeYoke to even acknowledge that it has an issue has been like pulling teeth. On a new bike, I’d probably pick it over a KS, though the Lev I owned was bombproof.

Not that you asked, but if I was buying new, I’d get a OneUp. They’re relatively inexpensive, easier to service, parts are readily available, and their CS is solid. Maybe not quite as nice in the hand as a Revive, but functionally there’s basically no difference, IME.
    Last edited by bagtagley; 08-04-2022 at 01:06 PM.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.