Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: $4K Trail Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Are y'all sitting down? You should sit down for this.

Happy birthday to me! (It's not my birthday)

New-to-me bike day!

Revel Rascal in the house!Attachment 420374
    Hell yeah, congrats! Prepare for your mind to be blown.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Congrats

Yes dude! Congrats. It’s such a great bike.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Welcome to the new age. Go get loose!

That looks really fun, congrats man

'Bout fkn time Danno, congrats!

You even have a enduro fender on it, how's your quiver of flatbrims looking?

Looks flexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Are y'all sitting down? You should sit down for this.

Happy birthday to me! (It's not my birthday)

New-to-me bike day!

Revel Rascal in the house!Attachment 420374
    Just rode Hall Ranch.

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 849
Size:  146.7 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Surprising find today:

https://www.jensonusa.com/Ibis-Ripmo...Coil-Bike-2021

Ripmo AF with DVO coil suspension and GX is 10% off, in stock in all sizes. Hard to find a more capable trail bike/light enduro for $4200. Yeah the coils are heavy but the DVO coils have some awesome reviews.

All Ibis AF bikes are 25% off, per a sale from Ibis that started today. Not sure if that also applies to frames.

Just bought a Ripley AF SLX for Mrs C from Jenson - $3225 + $75 shipping. Got the last one in stock in her size.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

$4K Trail Bike

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    All Ibis AF bikes are 25% off, per a sale from Ibis that started today. Not sure if that also applies to frames.

Just bought a Ripley AF SLX for Mrs C from Jenson - $3225 + $75 shipping. Got the last one in stock in her size.
    That is a hell of a deal. Looks like 1 large GX Ripmo AF left. Quite tempting. Actually the coil GX is 33% off. Wow.

A sale like that sounds like a revised ripmo AF will be dropping in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

Thats a great deal. Any idea what a small would weigh? Looking for a bike for my daughter.

Jenson sent an email this morning saying they're doing a gift card sale / promotion - - depending on how much you spend on the frame or bike, they give you an e gift card in mid August. Messaged their customer service, and my Ripley order from yesterday qualifies!

So on top of that 25% sale, I get a $250 gift card. Excellent.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Other retailers are running it too--some builds have more sizes available at Backcountry.

Fanatik has some Ripley AFs left:
    https://www.fanatikbike.com/products...39301195104302
    (and a Large NGX)

$4K Trail Bike

That GX build is insane. Onyx fork, RSC brakes, Carbon bars, bikeyoke dropper for $3400?! Considering buying it, riding it for a year, then transferring everything to a carbon Sentinel frame once I have a little more in the bike fund. Damn.

I saw a Kona Hei Hei for a pretty good deal in Squamish. Is this the thread in which to post it?

$4K Trail Bike

Well I pulled the trigger on a Ripmo AF with JadeX coil from the Jenson sale. Total delivered cost is under $3300 plus a $250 gift card to spend on consumables. She will be a heavy beast but I’m no featherweight easier and I like a little meat on my women.

I prefer Shimano stuff and already have most of an SLX/XT group with 4-pots so I’ll be taking off the RSCs, GX group, and BikeYoke and flipping them to bring the cost down even further.

Pretty stoked once I got over the anxiety of buying a new bike. My current (and first) MTB I bought in early 2019 as a used demo 2017 model, and I’ve upgraded/replaced every single component except the frame. But I think I’ve outgrown it and it never fit 100% anyway.

Man I was waffling and now they're sold out at Jenson. Probably for the best though. I'm also not a SRAM guy, but also don't have another kit sitting around to swap. I was also looking for a large and a medium would have been a compromise. But damn was the price soooo sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Man I was waffling and now they're sold out at Jenson. Probably for the best though. I'm also not a SRAM guy, but also don't have another kit sitting around to swap. I was also looking for a large and a medium would have been a compromise. But damn was the price soooo sweet.
    Check Pro Bike Supply. I just ordered a Ripley AF for my daughter - same promotional price, not sure what sizes are avail. I've ordered two bikes from them in the past with great experiences.

Emailed Ibis and they responded with weights. Ended up ordering a Ripley AF from ProBikeSupply.com.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-07-18 11_26_16-Window.png 
Views:	244 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	421814

Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg View Post
    Thats a great deal. Any idea what a small would weigh? Looking for a bike for my daughter.

Mrs C's Ripley has landed. Came with some unexpected nicer parts - Ibis's newer wide rims (Blackbird) and 4-piston brakes front and rear (spec was 2-piston). Brakes have finned pads, haven't pulled them out yet to see if metal or resin.

This is a really nice bike.

Is the Ripley AF SLX build that much better than the Deore build? I thought the main difference was weight, but it looks like there is less than a 1/4 lb difference? Is the SLX upgrade worth the extra $300 or so

$4K Trail Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Is the Ripley AF SLX build that much better than the Deore build? I thought the main difference was weight, but it looks like there is less than a 1/4 lb difference? Is the SLX upgrade worth the extra $300 or so
    Biggest difference is the dropper BikeYoke Revive on the SLX is pretty high end. Deore comes with the KS dropper which is like a $120 part. Groupset s are like 229g different so it should be closer to 1/2lb.

If you’re used to better shifting then the SLX is a better buy. $300 upgrade price for full SLX plus a dropper that costs $200 more isn’t bad.

But if you’re planning on eventually upgrading to XT or 4-piston brakes/longer dropper then the Deore is the way to go. Ride it til it breaks and then upgrade.

I'm used to XT level shifting but from 2007ish with a 3x9, haven't been on a modern bike yet so have no real current frame of reference.