Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    It’s funny to me, because it seems like the common ground is people are frustrated and sick of the bullshit. It’s just that one group thinks the solution is just keep your head down, do what you’re told to do, and shut the fuck up about it…and the other group thinks the solution is to freak out, refuse to do anything they’re told, and have a big disruptive carnival of obstinacy and defiance.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    lead pipes dude
    autoerotic asphyxiation

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    It’s funny to me, because it seems like the common ground is people are frustrated and sick of the bullshit. It’s just that one group thinks the solution is just keep your head down, do what you’re told to do, and shut the fuck up about it…and the other group thinks the solution is to freak out, refuse to do anything they’re told, and have a big disruptive carnival of obstinacy and defiance.
    What’s the in between? The comprise?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    What’s the in between? The comprise?
    You don’t do things just because you’re told to, you do them because they make sense.
    You don’t refuse to do things just because you’re told to do them, you refuse when there’s something more than your stubborn ego at stake.

Don’t be a sheep.
    Don’t be a stubborn paranoid douche.

Yup.

If dropping all restrictions makes sense let's so it. But maybe not when more people were dying each day than at any point in the pandemic. No fucking nuance with these people.

The only impact on me (fortunately) is my trip home from the ski hill is 40 minutes longer due to traffic.

meanwhile in other news 943,000 dead in America
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    What was it. The reference to Convoy?

Did I trigger something
    Start with the fact that this movie was already mentioned a week ago and go from there

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Start with the fact that this movie was already mentioned a week ago and go from there
    In this thread? Really
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	663B449F-12A7-4481-8C08-9187DB8B457B.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	889.7 KB 
ID:	405792
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Don’t be a sheep.
    Don’t be a stubborn paranoid douche.
    So you do you and I’ll do me and we just go about our day. Why is that so fucking hard?

Remember when people believed there was 60,000 transport trucks descending on Ottawa? That was 2funny.

Remember when people believed there was 60,000 transport trucks descending on Ottawa? That was 2funny.
    Who said that? If you’re referring to me I said there was that many participating in the protesting, not in one single convoy.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    autoerotic asphyxiation
    I heard about that

What’s that like?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    So you do you and I’ll do me and we just go about our day. Why is that so fucking hard?
    Because it makes people calm and content, and we have powerful, entrenched superstructures of economics and politics constructed entirely on manipulating people when they’re afraid and agitated.

Because it makes people calm and content, and we have powerful, entrenched superstructures of economics and politics constructed entirely on manipulating people when they’re afraid and agitated.
    Oh I understand that. Just wish more people would stop listening to their rulers and just live their lives and let others do the same. Unfortunately simple minds like to be told what to do and just follow blindly.

Who said that? If you’re referring to me I said there was that many participating in the protesting, not in one single convoy.
    58,700 big rigs and counting. That’s pretty significant. To down play it would be foolish. 60k semi truckers decide to park their trucks for good, you Canucks are going to feel that in a big way for a very long time.
    Fuck some people are gullible. There was never 60,000 trucks on there way to Ottawa.

Also there was never 60,000 people on the federal grounds there protesting.

Even if you added up all the protests that have since developed (which wasn't what you were talking about) there still wouldn't be 60,000 trucks.

Some of the more rightist sources have rounded it up to 100,000 trucks

As mentioned only a place like Canada would have the space to accommodate that.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Fuck some people are gullible. There was never 60,000 trucks on there way to Ottawa.

Also there was never 60,000 people on the federal grounds there protesting.

Even if you added up all the protests that have since developed (which wasn't what you were talking about) there still wouldn't be 60,000 trucks.
    Thanks for digging up my post to prove me right that I never said there was that many in the convoy. From all the people/rigs participating that number was fairly accurate. Doesn’t really matter on the exact number, the fact that this has pulled some attention was their goal and it worked. Didn’t say I agree or disagree with them but you sure have your thong all knotted up.
    I’ve read quite a bit of your blathering, are you this big of a douche irl or is this an internet thing?

You’re absolutely right. You never said 60,000. You said 58,700 big rigs and counting. Got it. My bad.

How many trucks is it actually? You could probably shut down Seattle with a few dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbowski View Post
    How many trucks is it actually? You could probably shut down Seattle with a few dozen.
    I think it’s spread out and they come and go. I would think most truckers drive for a company and can’t really commander the rig for a period of time. The independents. Are putting their life on the line when they park the rig somewhere to block a road.
    I thought the original intent was to just drive through places enmass to make a point. But it’s turning into something else

The gofundme stuff is wild.
    From a long ways off I have no idea where this is going.
    I find it kinda rude to root them on from a distance with nothing on the line
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

The OPP and RCMP arrested the Ambassador Bridge holdouts today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The OPP and RCMP arrested the Ambassador Bridge holdouts today.
    Any idea how many that was? I saw some footage I saw 2. When the police moved in the bi rigs were gone. Saw one guy get dragged out of a pickup and cuffed saw another crazy guy fighting a sea of cops with a snow shovel. He was on his own

I saw a guy get interviewed who had been arrested in Toronto for trying to bring a can of diesel to the parked trucks

And that’s about it
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

"By Sunday afternoon, Windsor police had arrested at least 30 protesters and towed five vehicles, though the bridge remained closed to the public."

When out Frat went to the Hiram Walker distillery the plant was being cleaned so we headed straight to the tasting room.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.