Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32
Results 776 to 796 of 796
  1. #776
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,605
    strong ^^ post dude
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  2. #777
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    19,721
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    crayon is a hell of a drug
    Freebase teh crayonz!

  3. #778
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    14,409
    I think they hoop them. Let them soak in when tearing down war memorials #freedumb

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  4. #779
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    "Unlawful protestors" Digest that one for a minute.

    Attachment 407920

    Even our local paper was going all in on this last week.
    This would be accurate if the Canadian officer was beating down one of the student protesters peacefully demonstrating for cheap tuition in Montreal during the maple spring. Beating on redneck truckers though, nah.
    24° 06°

  5. #780
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    18,128

    CanaStan Antivax/Truckers Protest in Ottawa.

    The other premise in that cartoon that the thin blue line flag is a patriotic & earnest display of supporting police integrity, instead of dog whistle for systemic racism, is also false on its face.

  6. #781
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Geopolis
    Posts
    13,610
    ottawa:
    Ottawa paramedics say 31 people have been transported to hospital from inside the "secured area" since Friday.

    "[Friday], Ottawa Paramedic Service received 29 requests for assistance within the secure area, of which 18 were transported to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries," Ottawa Paramedic Chief Pierre Poirier said.

    "On February 19, the Ottawa Paramedic Service responded to 16 calls within the secured zone, including 13 that were transported to local hospitals. All non-life-threatening injuries. The majority of these calls were not related to the demonstration," the chief added.

    "No fatalities were recorded."

    Paramedics say the calls were for a variety of reasons, including a heart attack.
    dakota access:

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...g-rock-protest

    Weird the way lefty protestors always get the stick and the RW guys get invitations to politely leave for a week.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  7. #782
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you know here was 3 weeks of vid with a cast of easily identifyed perpetrators cuz they reused to wear masks

    and the 2 people in jail did not seem to be smart enough to play nice with bail conditions or even try TO stay out of jail,so at least they were incarcerated doing something they loved

    yeah there is a small number of whacko nut jobs ( think people like you ) but I don't think that Canada, I don't think the Cons are capable of forming the Canadian government
    So, this overreach of "Emergency powers" is justified because you don't think the other party will ever be in power again? Thats really where your argument begins and ends?

    Anyone with a legal background knows this situation is a slippery slope, a shit precedent was set (Canada isn't at war), and these powers are going to be abused in the future.

  8. #783
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    So, this overreach of "Emergency powers" is justified because you don't think the other party will ever be in power again? Thats really where your argument begins and ends?

    Anyone with a legal background knows this situation is a slippery slope, a shit precedent was set (Canada isn't at war), and these powers are going to be abused in the future.
    Dude, they reeled back the emergency act a week after putting it in place because the emergency was over. What the fuck are you talking about.

    I don't think any sane person in Canada was really concerned that this was over reach, it was just a means of getting the cops off their assess to deal with these kooks. The Canadian Civil Liberties Association came out and raised their concerns about it (rightly so). The Act triggers an automatic public inquiry which will dig deep into the causes of the occupation and the need to use the act and will determine if it was justified or not. That will determine the slippery slope shit precedent. Let the institutions do what they do and go through their processes when nutjobs roll into the capital to try and overthrow the government with a bullshit MOU.
    24° 06°

  9. #784
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    So, this overreach of "Emergency powers" is justified because you don't think the other party will ever be in power again? Thats really where your argument begins and ends?

    Anyone with a legal background knows this situation is a slippery slope, a shit precedent was set (Canada isn't at war), and these powers are going to be abused in the future.
    this was not your fathers war measures act

    in my opinion it was an emergency, they had lost control of 3 or 4 border crossings and the capitol

    armed insurrection, all fueled by foriegn money

    part of the act is that it will be reviewed after the act
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  10. #785
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,670
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Dude, they reeled back the emergency act a week after putting it in place because the emergency was over. What the fuck are you talking about.

    I don't think any sane person in Canada was really concerned that this was over reach, it was just a means of getting the cops off their assess to deal with these kooks. The Canadian Civil Liberties Association came out and raised their concerns about it (rightly so). The Act triggers an automatic public inquiry which will dig deep into the causes of the occupation and the need to use the act and will determine if it was justified or not. That will determine the slippery slope shit precedent. Let the institutions do what they do and go through their processes when nutjobs roll into the capital to try and overthrow the government with a bullshit MOU.
    Precedent has been set. What stops them from enacting this "emergency powers" again to depose of their political foes (again) next time around?

    Here's a good post from LeeLau in the other Canada trucker thread.

    "Many lawyers were uneasy about the Emergencies Act (I'm one of them). I can't give specifics because Fintrac and Finance is notoriously opaque and slow to disclose so righrt now nobody knows except the ones who froze accounts. However many are queasy about the account freezing and forfeiture parts of that law (lack of oversight, no court process, no timely appeal), arrest power sans warrants on a temporary (how temporary?) basis. That the Act was repealed quickly was good. That it was used at all was imo questionable. There's already federal and provincial statutes on the books that could have done the same thing.

    That the Emergencies Act was enacted on a no confidence basis is also not a good look. Hardly shows confidence in his rightness

    Not even trying to address the protestors is, respectfully, a cop out. It's his job to address uncomfortable situations even when the "opposition" is a bunch of incoherent bumblies. Descending to the rhetoric he used to tar all the protestors as alt right tools is so very American ala "Deplorables". So much for Canadian we can all get along ..... sorry... exceptionalism."

    If you don't see the pitfalls from freezing bank accounts of your political foes (there are no Canadien laws against giving others gasoline), lack of oversight, lack of due process, arrests without a warrant, and no appeal process, i got nothing for you. Us rednecks to your South fought and died to earn those rights, while you voluntarily give them away. Good day.

  11. #786
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    952
    8 trucks strong leaving VT/NH lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9B99FCE3-CD66-43EF-8A69-EA12A23AACFB.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	655.3 KB 
ID:	408035

  12. #787
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,372
    that was an amazingly distorted read on the situation to the point of being mentally deficient or just a troll. neither is a good look.

  13. #788
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Precedent has been set. What stops them from enacting this "emergency powers" again to depose of their political foes (again) next time around?

    Here's a good post from LeeLau in the other Canada trucker thread.

    "Many lawyers were uneasy about the Emergencies Act (I'm one of them). I can't give specifics because Fintrac and Finance is notoriously opaque and slow to disclose so righrt now nobody knows except the ones who froze accounts. However many are queasy about the account freezing and forfeiture parts of that law (lack of oversight, no court process, no timely appeal), arrest power sans warrants on a temporary (how temporary?) basis. That the Act was repealed quickly was good. That it was used at all was imo questionable. There's already federal and provincial statutes on the books that could have done the same thing.

    That the Emergencies Act was enacted on a no confidence basis is also not a good look. Hardly shows confidence in his rightness

    Not even trying to address the protestors is, respectfully, a cop out. It's his job to address uncomfortable situations even when the "opposition" is a bunch of incoherent bumblies. Descending to the rhetoric he used to tar all the protestors as alt right tools is so very American ala "Deplorables". So much for Canadian we can all get along ..... sorry... exceptionalism."

    If you don't see the pitfalls from freezing bank accounts of your political foes (there are no Canadien laws against giving others gasoline), lack of oversight, lack of due process, arrests without a warrant, and no appeal process, i got nothing for you. Us rednecks to your South fought and died to earn those rights, while you voluntarily give them away. Good day.
    These were not political foes, they were a bunch of crazies who wanted to overthrow a democratically elected government. The opposition parties are the political foes. Like I mentioned before, there is a process in place to verify if the use of the act was warranted as soon as it was enacted through a public inquiry. I'm sure if it was not justified, it will all come out in the wash. And please spare us the self righteousness of fighting and dying for our rights there guy. Jesus. Get a grip.

    The freezing of funds was something the the political foes (NDP in this case) were calling for anyway. Jagmeet freaked out when he saw that the funds being raised through gofundmes etc were coming from the US and called this foreign political interference and asked the prime minister (JT) to do something about it in the house of commons.
    Last edited by danmelon; 03-02-2022 at 11:17 AM.
    24° 06°

  14. #789
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    Precedent has been set. What stops them from enacting this "emergency powers" again to depose of their political foes (again) next time around?

    Here's a good post from LeeLau in the other Canada trucker thread.

    "Many lawyers were uneasy about the Emergencies Act (I'm one of them). I can't give specifics because Fintrac and Finance is notoriously opaque and slow to disclose so righrt now nobody knows except the ones who froze accounts. However many are queasy about the account freezing and forfeiture parts of that law (lack of oversight, no court process, no timely appeal), arrest power sans warrants on a temporary (how temporary?) basis. That the Act was repealed quickly was good. That it was used at all was imo questionable. There's already federal and provincial statutes on the books that could have done the same thing.

    That the Emergencies Act was enacted on a no confidence basis is also not a good look. Hardly shows confidence in his rightness

    Not even trying to address the protestors is, respectfully, a cop out. It's his job to address uncomfortable situations even when the "opposition" is a bunch of incoherent bumblies. Descending to the rhetoric he used to tar all the protestors as alt right tools is so very American ala "Deplorables". So much for Canadian we can all get along ..... sorry... exceptionalism."

    If you don't see the pitfalls from freezing bank accounts of your political foes (there are no Canadien laws against giving others gasoline), lack of oversight, lack of due process, arrests without a warrant, and no appeal process, i got nothing for you. Us rednecks to your South fought and died to earn those rights, while you voluntarily give them away. Good day.
    It's hard to take you serious when you post shitty cartoons showing cops beating on protestors.

    I'm sure you'll just say "it's symbolic bro!"

    Either you know it's inflammatory - which makes you part of the problem.

    Or you don't - which makes you a useful idiot.

  15. #790
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,657
    If Doug Ford and the CPC hadn't decided to sit back and make solving this a partisan issue, the act never would have had to be invoked. They forced JT's hand so what other option did he have?
    Last edited by The Tortoise; 03-02-2022 at 12:24 PM.

  16. #791
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    823
    Not sure why folks think JT needed to negotiate with the protestors. A not insignificant group of them were calling for his death or at least imprisonment. Should Pelosi or Pence have waited around to have a chat on Jan 6?

    https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6157617

    If you think that was a fringe group within the group and the “leaders” would have been up for a nice friendly dialogue - you haven’t done your homework.

    The protestors didn’t want dialogue and the majority of Canadians did not want them to have any influence over the country’s Covid strategy.

    Those that did can vote ppc next election- as you do in a democracy.

  17. #792
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    this was not your fathers war measures act

    in my opinion it was an emergency, they had lost control of 3 or 4 border crossings and the capitol

    armed insurrection, all fueled by foriegn money

    part of the act is that it will be reviewed after the act
    Ya! Now let's use the "Emergency Powers Act" to go after the foreign money and freeze the accounts that support the Eco Terrorist who damaged Coast Gas Link property and threatened the safety and lives of their employees.

    Oh wait, that may freeze Jagmeet's accounts.. Neve mind..

  18. #793
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Lawn View Post
    Ya! Now let's use the "Emergency Powers Act" to go after the foreign money and freeze the accounts that support the Eco Terrorist who damaged Coast Gas Link property and threatened the safety and lives of their employees.

    Oh wait, that may freeze Jagmeet's accounts.. Neve mind..
    the cops are still standing around with their dicks in their hands and no idea who it is, Jagmeet is federal and the CGL file is provincial
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

  19. #794
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Geopolis
    Posts
    13,610

    CanaStan Antivax/Truckers Protest in Ottawa.

    jagmeet’s brother donated to the “truckers”. must be some funny thanksgivings over there.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

  20. #795
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    907
    Posts
    14,538
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the cops are still standing around with their dicks in their hands and no idea who it is, Jagmeet is federal and the CGL file is provincial
    "Special Agent Smecker is here to take over this investigation"

  21. #796
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    northern BC
    Posts
    27,605
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...ozen-1.6366975

    this is exciting ^^ freezing convoy assets to pay off the Ottawtonians who had to put up with shit for 3 weeks by a bunch of Dusty Hill look-a-likes , freedumb !
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •