Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-powderbroker View Post
    crayon is a hell of a drug
    Freebase teh crayonz!

I think they hoop them. Let them soak in when tearing down war memorials #freedumb

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    "Unlawful protestors" Digest that one for a minute.

Attachment 407920

Even our local paper was going all in on this last week.
    This would be accurate if the Canadian officer was beating down one of the student protesters peacefully demonstrating for cheap tuition in Montreal during the maple spring. Beating on redneck truckers though, nah.
    27° 18°

CanaStan Antivax/Truckers Protest in Ottawa.

The other premise in that cartoon that the thin blue line flag is a patriotic & earnest display of supporting police integrity, instead of dog whistle for systemic racism, is also false on its face.

ottawa:
    Ottawa paramedics say 31 people have been transported to hospital from inside the "secured area" since Friday.

"[Friday], Ottawa Paramedic Service received 29 requests for assistance within the secure area, of which 18 were transported to the hospital for non-life-threatening injuries," Ottawa Paramedic Chief Pierre Poirier said.

"On February 19, the Ottawa Paramedic Service responded to 16 calls within the secured zone, including 13 that were transported to local hospitals. All non-life-threatening injuries. The majority of these calls were not related to the demonstration," the chief added.

"No fatalities were recorded."

Paramedics say the calls were for a variety of reasons, including a heart attack.
    dakota access:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...g-rock-protest

Weird the way lefty protestors always get the stick and the RW guys get invitations to politely leave for a week.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you know here was 3 weeks of vid with a cast of easily identifyed perpetrators cuz they reused to wear masks

and the 2 people in jail did not seem to be smart enough to play nice with bail conditions or even try TO stay out of jail,so at least they were incarcerated doing something they loved

yeah there is a small number of whacko nut jobs ( think people like you ) but I don't think that Canada, I don't think the Cons are capable of forming the Canadian government
    So, this overreach of "Emergency powers" is justified because you don't think the other party will ever be in power again? Thats really where your argument begins and ends?

Anyone with a legal background knows this situation is a slippery slope, a shit precedent was set (Canada isn't at war), and these powers are going to be abused in the future.

So, this overreach of "Emergency powers" is justified because you don't think the other party will ever be in power again? Thats really where your argument begins and ends?

Anyone with a legal background knows this situation is a slippery slope, a shit precedent was set (Canada isn't at war), and these powers are going to be abused in the future.
    Dude, they reeled back the emergency act a week after putting it in place because the emergency was over. What the fuck are you talking about.

I don't think any sane person in Canada was really concerned that this was over reach, it was just a means of getting the cops off their assess to deal with these kooks. The Canadian Civil Liberties Association came out and raised their concerns about it (rightly so). The Act triggers an automatic public inquiry which will dig deep into the causes of the occupation and the need to use the act and will determine if it was justified or not. That will determine the slippery slope shit precedent. Let the institutions do what they do and go through their processes when nutjobs roll into the capital to try and overthrow the government with a bullshit MOU.
    27° 18°

this was not your fathers war measures act

in my opinion it was an emergency, they had lost control of 3 or 4 border crossings and the capitol

armed insurrection, all fueled by foriegn money

part of the act is that it will be reviewed after the act
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Dude, they reeled back the emergency act a week after putting it in place because the emergency was over. What the fuck are you talking about.

I don't think any sane person in Canada was really concerned that this was over reach, it was just a means of getting the cops off their assess to deal with these kooks. The Canadian Civil Liberties Association came out and raised their concerns about it (rightly so). The Act triggers an automatic public inquiry which will dig deep into the causes of the occupation and the need to use the act and will determine if it was justified or not. That will determine the slippery slope shit precedent. Let the institutions do what they do and go through their processes when nutjobs roll into the capital to try and overthrow the government with a bullshit MOU.
    Precedent has been set. What stops them from enacting this "emergency powers" again to depose of their political foes (again) next time around?

Here's a good post from LeeLau in the other Canada trucker thread.

"Many lawyers were uneasy about the Emergencies Act (I'm one of them). I can't give specifics because Fintrac and Finance is notoriously opaque and slow to disclose so righrt now nobody knows except the ones who froze accounts. However many are queasy about the account freezing and forfeiture parts of that law (lack of oversight, no court process, no timely appeal), arrest power sans warrants on a temporary (how temporary?) basis. That the Act was repealed quickly was good. That it was used at all was imo questionable. There's already federal and provincial statutes on the books that could have done the same thing.

That the Emergencies Act was enacted on a no confidence basis is also not a good look. Hardly shows confidence in his rightness

Not even trying to address the protestors is, respectfully, a cop out. It's his job to address uncomfortable situations even when the "opposition" is a bunch of incoherent bumblies. Descending to the rhetoric he used to tar all the protestors as alt right tools is so very American ala "Deplorables". So much for Canadian we can all get along ..... sorry... exceptionalism."

If you don't see the pitfalls from freezing bank accounts of your political foes (there are no Canadien laws against giving others gasoline), lack of oversight, lack of due process, arrests without a warrant, and no appeal process, i got nothing for you. Us rednecks to your South fought and died to earn those rights, while you voluntarily give them away. Good day.

8 trucks strong leaving VT/NH lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9B99FCE3-CD66-43EF-8A69-EA12A23AACFB.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	655.3 KB 
ID:	408035

that was an amazingly distorted read on the situation to the point of being mentally deficient or just a troll. neither is a good look.

Precedent has been set. What stops them from enacting this "emergency powers" again to depose of their political foes (again) next time around?

"Many lawyers were uneasy about the Emergencies Act (I'm one of them). I can't give specifics because Fintrac and Finance is notoriously opaque and slow to disclose so righrt now nobody knows except the ones who froze accounts. However many are queasy about the account freezing and forfeiture parts of that law (lack of oversight, no court process, no timely appeal), arrest power sans warrants on a temporary (how temporary?) basis. That the Act was repealed quickly was good. That it was used at all was imo questionable. There's already federal and provincial statutes on the books that could have done the same thing.

That the Emergencies Act was enacted on a no confidence basis is also not a good look. Hardly shows confidence in his rightness

Not even trying to address the protestors is, respectfully, a cop out. It's his job to address uncomfortable situations even when the "opposition" is a bunch of incoherent bumblies. Descending to the rhetoric he used to tar all the protestors as alt right tools is so very American ala "Deplorables". So much for Canadian we can all get along ..... sorry... exceptionalism."

If you don't see the pitfalls from freezing bank accounts of your political foes (there are no Canadien laws against giving others gasoline), lack of oversight, lack of due process, arrests without a warrant, and no appeal process, i got nothing for you. Us rednecks to your South fought and died to earn those rights, while you voluntarily give them away. Good day.
    These were not political foes, they were a bunch of crazies who wanted to overthrow a democratically elected government. The opposition parties are the political foes. Like I mentioned before, there is a process in place to verify if the use of the act was warranted as soon as it was enacted through a public inquiry. I'm sure if it was not justified, it will all come out in the wash. And please spare us the self righteousness of fighting and dying for our rights there guy. Jesus. Get a grip.

The freezing of funds was something the the political foes (NDP in this case) were calling for anyway. Jagmeet freaked out when he saw that the funds being raised through gofundmes etc were coming from the US and called this foreign political interference and asked the prime minister (JT) to do something about it in the house of commons.
    Last edited by danmelon; 03-02-2022 at 12:17 PM.
    27° 18°

It's hard to take you serious when you post shitty cartoons showing cops beating on protestors.

I'm sure you'll just say "it's symbolic bro!"

Either you know it's inflammatory - which makes you part of the problem.

Or you don't - which makes you a useful idiot.

If Doug Ford and the CPC hadn't decided to sit back and make solving this a partisan issue, the act never would have had to be invoked. They forced JT's hand so what other option did he have?
    Last edited by The Tortoise; 03-02-2022 at 01:24 PM.

Not sure why folks think JT needed to negotiate with the protestors. A not insignificant group of them were calling for his death or at least imprisonment. Should Pelosi or Pence have waited around to have a chat on Jan 6?

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6157617

If you think that was a fringe group within the group and the “leaders” would have been up for a nice friendly dialogue - you haven’t done your homework.

The protestors didn’t want dialogue and the majority of Canadians did not want them to have any influence over the country’s Covid strategy.

Those that did can vote ppc next election- as you do in a democracy.

this was not your fathers war measures act

in my opinion it was an emergency, they had lost control of 3 or 4 border crossings and the capitol

armed insurrection, all fueled by foriegn money

part of the act is that it will be reviewed after the act
    Ya! Now let's use the "Emergency Powers Act" to go after the foreign money and freeze the accounts that support the Eco Terrorist who damaged Coast Gas Link property and threatened the safety and lives of their employees.

Oh wait, that may freeze Jagmeet's accounts.. Neve mind..

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Lawn View Post
    Ya! Now let's use the "Emergency Powers Act" to go after the foreign money and freeze the accounts that support the Eco Terrorist who damaged Coast Gas Link property and threatened the safety and lives of their employees.

Oh wait, that may freeze Jagmeet's accounts.. Neve mind..
    the cops are still standing around with their dicks in their hands and no idea who it is, Jagmeet is federal and the CGL file is provincial

CanaStan Antivax/Truckers Protest in Ottawa.

jagmeet’s brother donated to the “truckers”. must be some funny thanksgivings over there.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

the cops are still standing around with their dicks in their hands and no idea who it is, Jagmeet is federal and the CGL file is provincial
    "Special Agent Smecker is here to take over this investigation"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...ozen-1.6366975

this is exciting ^^ freezing convoy assets to pay off the Ottawtonians who had to put up with shit for 3 weeks by a bunch of Dusty Hill look-a-likes , freedumb !