Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nurses

Nurses

If you are one these past 2 years. Or support one.

Thank you.
    "Can't you see..."

Wet nurses are the best.

The other nurses are ok too. Thanks for serving.
    . . .

Nurses

What about phyicians, PAs, NPs, respiratory therapists, CNAs, housekeepers, food service etc etc?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    What about phyicians, PAs, NPs, respiratory therapists, CNAs, housekeepers, food service etc etc?

Fuck those people. Always begging to be appreciated...

nurses have been shit on x10000 these past two years - including protestors yelling at them as they leave work - and families yelling at them because their loved one isn't getting dewormer like they ordered - no wonder so many of them are saying fuck this I'm out of here for greener pastures

they deserve thanks and appreciation at the very least

+10000000000000000000000

And a big fuck you to the dipshits who are abusing and/or attacking healthcare professionals who keep us all alive.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

My dad always took care of his nurses and they loved him for it.

Some made the ultimate sacrifice; List of American doctors and nurses who have lost their lives in the fight against Covid19

US HCWs Lost to Covid19
    This is an apolitical page -solely a memoriam to HCWs who have died of Covid19. AlI info/photos obtained thru public sources. 3600 and rising
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Brutal. RIP.

I’m at the point if your a hoaxer, anti vaxxer, anti masker etc just stay the fuck home and die.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

It’s been a crazy couple years for my wife. Her main rotation is in acute and emerg, but often ends up helping the long-term care ward as well. Some shifts take longer to recover from than others. There are so many staff absences these days, she could double her hours easily.

Let’s just say she has little good to say about people not making the effort to end this pandemic.

You make it too easy by starting your post with the words "What about";

But yeah.

What about social workers, mental health professionals, public defenders, special-ed teachers, bus drivers, flight attendants, and all the other thankless jobs that are essential to society that have had to have in person contact throughout the pandemic?

I've never understood the "thank you for your service" mentality for cops, firefighters, health care workers, because it ignores all the other jobs that we take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    What about social workers, mental health professionals, public defenders, special-ed teachers, bus drivers, flight attendants, and all the other thankless jobs that are essential to society that have had to have in person contact throughout the pandemic?

I've never understood the "thank you for your service" mentality for cops, firefighters, health care workers, because it ignores all the other jobs that we take for granted.
    That’s because you are a narcissistic asshole.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

I've never understood the "thank you for your service" mentality for cops, firefighters, health care workers...
    Because the jobs in bold above aren’t expected to risk their lives on a regular basis, half-wit?

Mrs Snapt has greatly resigned form two shitty nursing jobs/hospitals in the last year and finally landed on an ok spot. It only cost her permanent hearing damage to one ear from a violent sundowning 1 on 1. Bedside nursing is a thankless job, don't know how they do it.

After 30 years in the trenches as an RN, my wife said fuck it and took a job in industry. No more patient bullshit. Such a huge relief.

Lots of our friends are in medicine; holy shit, the stories they tell. I have no idea how they do it day after day.

What about #alllivesmatter
    Don't be a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Don't be a cunt.
    Just looking out for my coworkers asshole. Hopefully we cross paths someday and you call me a cunt to my face

Holy fuck you are an asshole.

The biggest thank you should be nurses that haven’t quit or become travelers.

It’s ridiculous how much traveling nurses are being paid. Due the shortage.

Sometimes at the same hospital they just quit.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The biggest thank you should be nurses that haven’t quit or become travelers.

It’s ridiculous how much traveling nurses are being paid. Due the shortage.

Sometimes at the same hospital they just quit.
    Why is it ridiculous? Maybe they are the ones that are actually getting paid what a nurse is really worth.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

can we agree on naughty nurses?

Over $400 an hour at some hospitals. That is closing on 800k a year. That is ridiculous

I rip the groomed on tele gear

I work with a girl that commutes from Denver. We both are off at 0123(technically 0130), and the cutoff in SF is 2am. It's just enough time to slide into the local watering hole for a beer and maybe one shot. While the bartenders always thank us for our service, we make a point to thank them for their service. Sometimes, what you need after getting shit on for a shift is an ice cold beer.