Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    My favorite way to fit a zipfit it two glass bottles of boiling water in the boots til they are nice and toasty and then wear with shells until cold. You can do this everyday for a few and do it right before going on the mountain. Will result in a great fit from the get go in my experience.

Also dont be afraid to let me people work on your plugs if you are getting foot numbness, I know it’s annoying when they fuck up but you obviously need something done.

These aren’t for my ZBs. Those are deep in the closet were they belong. You could torture grown men with those things.

They are for Tecnica firebird 140, 96mm last, which have a normal consumer boot liner (maybe slightly upgraded). Lower volume than a Lange 97 last or Salomon 98 last, for sure, but not quite plug

Anyone with experience think those zip fits on mountainproject would fit in a true plug Doberman? 93 last

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    Yes, an Intuition is a great liner for a reasonable price and they are warm, but one cannot realize, even though they believe the hold is great, just how much more hold is possible until skiing a ZF.
    That may be the best description of Intuition I've seen. We are usually good for a couple dozen foam liners a year and maybe 50 Intuitions. Now that Zipfit is available reliably in the Great White North I can happily say I may never foam another liner again. And Intuition only for the people that think their feet are cold.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

I recently picked up a NOS pair of World Cups I'm going to try and use in my rx130lv. There is too much cork low in the J-bar area for my Achilles and heel. I have some full cork tubes that came with the liners so I can't use an empty tube to try and collect and move that material to the tongue or the instep. Any recommendations on how to move or remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I recently picked up a NOS pair of World Cups I'm going to try and use in my rx130lv. There is too much cork low in the J-bar area for my Achilles and heel. I have some full cork tubes that came with the liners so I can't use an empty tube to try and collect and move that material to the tongue or the instep. Any recommendations on how to move or remove it?
    I might have an empty tube if you’re looking to go that route. No matter what approach you use, make sure you heat the cork before trying to remove. I gather you could use an empty tube as a straw.

You also mention trying to move cork… Have you heat molded/fit the liners yet? That’s your best way to move cork.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

great combo once you get them dialed, imho.

i've found long-handled tea spoons to be the best for removal. like this https://www.amazon.com/Hiware-9-Inch.../dp/B01E3SS8AI
    the bowl needs to be narrow enough to fit through the injection port
    it'll be messy, but there's no way around that whatever method you try.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    I might have an empty tube if you’re looking to go that route. No matter what approach you use, make sure you heat the cork before trying to remove. I gather you could use an empty tube as a straw.

You also mention trying to move cork… Have you heat molded/fit the liners yet? That’s your best way to move cork.
    I did try to mold them using the hot water bottle method but I don’t think I got the cork to move up much. I’ll probably try warming them in the microwave next.

Att zipfit gurus!

Do you have access to an electric oven? I’ve had good success with that. Never tried the water bottle or microwave methods. Both seem suboptimal. Also, metal buckles and parts in a microwave can’t be good.

Shells should be this warm/soft/pliable: https://youtu.be/ed2o7whNgv0
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

I don’t think you have to heat them all that much to get the cork to move. Hair dryer? Heat gun?

The cork does not have to be insanely hot to move. However the hot water bottles should do the trick or the hairdryer can work too. I’d just heat them up a few more times and see if the cork is still bothering you.

The boil the shells method is outdated and probably not optimal for the newer shells. This is not an intuition, they dont need to roast.

Zipfit recommends microwaving their lines. It works well, except that one time I forgot my red superfeet with the reflective metal strip.

Att zipfit gurus!

I’m not really interested in heating my shells. The only metal pieces are small metal eyelets. I’m gonna nuke em.
    Last edited by jackattack; 02-02-2023 at 09:12 AM.

I’m not really interested in hearing my shells. The only metal pieces are small metal eyelets. I’m gonna nuke em.
    FYI, I have an old pair of WC's that the previous owner nuked in the microwave and melting up burning some of the stitching in the toes. No metal eyelets on those. It doesn't take much metal in the microwave to make bad things happen.

I've been trying to get those WC's to work in my 130 LV's for a couple of years and can't quite make it work. The zips just have too much volume. For reference I'm a tight fit in just about every dimension in those shells. Curious to hear how that fit works for you. I'm thinking of trying out some MV shells to work with a set my WC's with the sidewinder that I picked up a couple of years ago

Any suggestions for which model to take up a bit of volume. 26.5 would have to be punched in the toes, so I go 27.5 but probably went with a bigger last than necessary. Need something high volume, first time trying Zipfit… any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Any suggestions for which model to take up a bit of volume. 26.5 would have to be punched in the toes, so I go 27.5 but probably went with a bigger last than necessary. Need something high volume, first time trying Zipfit… any suggestions?
    probably a freeride

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    I'm figuring out the same thing but one size lower. Which size would I want to go with for a Freeride liner? A 26.5 or 25.5?

You guys should call ZF / Chris with your questions.

I'm a 27#mm measured foot in 26 / 301mm shells and a 26.5 ZF (as recommended by Chris). If your foot is correctly fit for your shell, the ZF size should match your shell size. Of course Scarpas and whatever other few shells break on the half this won't apply to.

A 27.5 liner is obviously slightly more volumous than same of a 26.5. FWIW I was using my Zipfits in a 27.5 shell with results better than any previous type of liner in same shell. So @lowsparkco, I'd still recommend calling them to ensure you get it right the first time but if not my guess is the 27.5 should be what you want.

The Gara HV and the Freeride have same amount of OMFit.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ve been in contact with Chris and will follow up with him about this particular shell and fit.

Att zipfit gurus!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocximus View Post
    Zipfit recommends microwaving their lines. It works well, except that one time I forgot my red superfeet with the reflective metal strip.
    The microwave worked perfectly. I wrapped the liner in a t-shirt and warmed the first one in 15sec increments at 50% power. 1m 30s at 50% was perfect.

I plan to add 1/4 tube of cork to the tongues to even out pressure on the front of the shin. I can feel a void in the shell when it's flexed on the top/front of the ankle. I can tell the stock cork moved a little but the Achilles and lower ankle/heel are still very tight. I will warm them up and ski for a few more half-days before trying to remove any cork from that area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2266.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	582.7 KB 
ID:	445647

PSA the cork heel pocket has some stitching to keep the cork in place. Be aware of it when trying to move cork around.

I'm getting closed to getting things dialed. I pulled about 1/3 of a tube of cork out of the achilles area and moved it to the tongue and forward/instep pockets. Boots are very snug but as comfortable as any foam liner I've ever broken in. I skied half a run last night before I remembered that my boots were unbuckled because it felt like I was skiing with the stock liner.

Good view of the pocket:

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Attachment 447186

This is the ankle pocket. Same on each side. The tongue is one big pocket that goes down over the instep.

To get the instep, just jam the tube all the way down the tongue and fire away. No cork can go around your forefoot. The pockets are only within the purple leather and not even to the edge of that.

To get near the instep on the side pockets, just angle the tube really high along the top edge of the liner.

There is also a pre loaded doughnut around your ankle that is separate to this. You can’t change the amount of cork in it but you can chase it in circles.

Don’t be shy about how much cork you add!

Zipfit dorks - How do you store your boots? Liners out or liners in?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Zipfit dorks - How do you store your boots? Liners out or liners in?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Out, it’s annoying but keeps the fit consistent