Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    Sweaty - curious what shells you switched to - i have the Rs w/ intuitions - i really like them as well, i can see how zipfits might not work great in that shell - curious what shell you switched to for using zips?
    i was/am in lange rx130s full time. got the r3s cuz my local bootfitter offered them up for the right price and i wanted to try them out.
    i've been on a bit of a shell kick the past two years having bought the r3s and xmax 130 carbons. carpet tested the hawx ultra 130, mach 1s and pro-machines. liked the fit of the xmax, but they were a little too stiff and quite harsh. mach 1s and hawx were a bit too low in the instep for my liking. pro machines too large in the ankle.
    gonna go to a rx130 lv when current shells kick the bucket for a little more of a performance fit in the ankle.

i really wish the r3s would work, but they push down a metal eyelet very firmly into my L instep with zipfits and i'm kinda sick of spending my weekends at the bootfitter when my langes are pretty much dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    Liner comes out with the parking lot genuflection.

I apply 2.5" gaffers tape top to bottom in the interior of the cuff back and to the liner heel edge and spray the cuff tape with food grade silicone. Slips in/out smooth with no catching/wear & tear.
    +1 to this, gaffers tape or gorilla tape along the entire heel/Achilles area and food grade silicone a couple times a season makes it super easy to get in/out of shells.

Super awesome thread. Thanks for all the feedback. To get rid of the heel lifter and not have shitty power transmission, I actually ground a few mm of height from the boot boards, to accomodate for the footbeds better. Skied them till closing time tonight at 8pm, didn't even have to unbuckle on the t-bar. Still pretty convinced zipfits are next, though, given the PWs' tendency to turn to shit.

Sent fra min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Yeah, I also have R3s with stock Intuitions and considered going ZipFit. Fits well, but can definitely be better.

Seems like Lange is the way, as I have very similar impressions of the boots sweatypowderpig mentioned.

Liner comes out with the parking lot genuflection.
    I apply 2.5" gaffers tape top to bottom in the interior of the cuff back and to the liner heel edge and spray the cuff tape with food grade silicone. Slips in/out smooth with no catching/wear & tear.
    Quote Originally Posted by meepmoop24 View Post
    +1 to this, gaffers tape or gorilla tape along the entire heel/Achilles area and food grade silicone a couple times a season makes it super easy to get in/out of shells.
    +2 on the Gaffers tape with food grade silicone a few times a season. Adding a heated boot bag and they are even easier to get into.

Mclube/sailkote on the inside of the shell is money

Quote Originally Posted by ASP View Post
    Mclube/sailkote on the inside of the shell is money
    First time seeing this stuff. Does it play nice with plastics? Couldn't find anything on the website.

I use it all the time in a marine application. I spray it on anything that sees any kind of abrasion or chafe or that you want to slide freely(that doesn't use roller bearings). Absolutely zero problem with plastics...just don't get it on the bottom of your ski boots or you'll have the worst walk through the parking lot of your life...

With all the lube action going on has anyone noticed the liner slipping inside the shell when skiing?

Gotta say the zipfits just keep getting better. Last night I didn't unbuckle for the final three lift rides; first time ever.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    With all the lube action going on has anyone noticed the liner slipping inside the shell when skiing?

Gotta say the zipfits just keep getting better. Last night I didn't unbuckle for the final three lift rides; first time ever.

No, I only spray a little bit a couple times a season and it's only along the Achilles area.

Quote Originally Posted by meepmoop24 View Post
    No, I only spray a little bit a couple times a season and it's only along the Achilles area.
    Tyx

No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

My favourite method of home moulding Zipfits is to use two small plastic bottles per liner. Fill the bottles with near boiling water and put them inside the liner. I then leave the liner near a heater (not too near).

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    My favourite method of home moulding Zipfits is to use two small plastic bottles per liner. Fill the bottles with near boiling water and put them inside the liner. I then leave the liner near a heater (not too near).
    Brilliant! Most/all goo is around the tongue/ankle, right? How long do you keep them like that?

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Brilliant! Most/all goo is around the tongue/ankle, right? How long do you keep them like that?

I don’t think the time is too critical so long as the hot water doesn’t go cold. I usually have a cup of coffee and then come back to them.

Yes, all the OMfit is in the tongue / heel/ ankle area.

ahh cool - i skied the xmax the originals a few years back (not the carbons) really good boot, hear you about not spending the weekend with the bootfitter, i'm curious on the hawk ultra professional - the original fit great - skied awful

Anyone here successfully downsized on a zipfit by stretching out the toe (a little)?

I'm thinking of trying out a 25 (274 foot, 26 shell) and stretching the toe with some heat and a broom handle.

I'm curious, why?

Ever try to heat and stretch neoprene? I've not, but my guess is the combination of materials (the fabric outer and the rubber inner) that make up neoprene would not like it.

Do you have the liners in hand? There's a good amount of give to that toe box. I am sure my skinny feet (that also happen to measure 274) would be ok in a 25 ZF although happier in the 26.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    I don’t think the time is too critical so long as the hot water doesn’t go cold. I usually have a cup of coffee and then come back to them.

Yes, all the OMfit is in the tongue / heel/ ankle area.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by FlimFlamvanHam View Post
    I'm curious, why?

Ever try to heat and stretch neoprene? I've not, but my guess is the combination of materials (the fabric outer and the rubber inner) that make up neoprene would not like it.

Do you have the liners in hand? There's a good amount of give to that toe box. I am sure my skinny feet (that also happen to measure 274) would be ok in a 25 ZF although happier in the 26.
    It's hard to find my size in the used market so I'm exploring other options. Bought a pair of 27s a while back and they bunch up too much in the shell. I don't have any 25s in hand. The stretching idea came from a vid where a shop owner used the technique with a stock liner which likely has more pliant materials (and comes with less fear of fucking it up) than a ZF.

It's hard to find my size in the used market so I'm exploring other options. Bought a pair of 27s a while back and they bunch up too much in the shell. I don't have any 25s in hand. The stretching idea came from a vid where a shop owner used the technique with a stock liner which likely has more pliant materials (and comes with less fear of fucking it up) than a ZF.

are they a new pair of 27s or how used are they and are you looking to move them?

Buying used ZipFits at all is a little challenging as people don't seem to sell them frequently. But I have had luck with a couple pairs of 26.5s. I don't think the neoprene toe would stretch permanently but if you are, or know someone who is, patient and good with stitching you could probably re-craft the toe a bit by adding some extra neoprene.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    are they a new pair of 27s or how used are they and are you looking to move them?
    Yeah, I was gonna post them up to GS as a WTT for some 26s. They are in good shape and a medium-to-lower volume model (I'm guessing gara). Can pm you some pics if you want.

Are the zipfit people putting their feet in the liners and then in the boots?

I did the questionnaire on the website and this came up... but I've always struggled so hard to get my liners back into the shells (with no feet) that I can't picture how this works.

Insight?
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post

I did the questionnaire on the website and this came up... but I've always struggled so hard to get my liners back into the shells (with no feet) that I can't picture how this works.

Insight?
    It's easier to put your liner on then into the boot. Not really feasible to put empty zipfits into shells, ime. Your foot is strong and dense. it opens up the scaffo. You can help it along by opening up the scaffo with your hands. Easier when boots are warm inside, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post

Insight?
    Ignore the first 20 seconds of this video, but the actual on / off part is what I've done and it makes it pretty easy.

https://youtu.be/BUli9WRIh0A?t=22