Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    ^^^ thanks for that.

I think I might try that with my stock liners before I commit to a zipfit purchase.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    ^^^ thanks for that.

I think I might try that with my stock liners before I commit to a zipfit purchase.
    With warm boots and my feet in the liners it requires minimal effort on my part especially if i toe out a bit and use my hand to push on the back of my heel. I also have a bit of Sailkote sprayed inside the boot. I usually tuck my boots up under the dash on the passenger side to heat them up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by swissbro View Post
    I usually tuck my boots up under the dash on the passenger side to heat them up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    This !!! Warm/hot shells are the secret to good living and easy liner access.

Quote Originally Posted by swissbro View Post
    With warm boots...I usually tuck my boots up under the dash on the passenger side to heat them up.
    FTW

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    FTW
    Yes this. Zipfits easier then booting up with a stock liner already in the shell even when warm.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

^^^ thanks for that.

That’s just making you spend more days skiing without zipfits before you spend the same amount of money to eventually buy zipfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    That’s just making you spend more days skiing without zipfits before you spend the same amount of money to eventually buy zipfits.
    Yeah that's fair but the zipfits are going to cost almost double what I paid for the brand new boots so I'd like to make sure my short and fat and inflexible body is OK with the process before I drop that much coin.

Yeah that's fair but the zipfits are going to cost almost double what I paid for the brand new boots so I'd like to make sure my short and fat and inflexible body is OK with the process before I drop that much coin.

https://www.amazon.ca/Ski-and-Snowbo.../dp/B009WA7TRQ

Nice... thanks!

As mentioned previously and shown in the video, liners on foot, then foot/liner into boot. Reverse for taking off.

Warm boots (and liners) are sooo nice and so much easier to put on. If you’re spending the coin on zipfits, a few more dollars won’t hurt… get yourself a heated boot bag too!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Is it crazy to consider a freeride (hv) for a lv (97 last) boot?

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

A tiny spritz of silicone spray into your shells every now and then helps too.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post

Unless you're in a shell that's 3 sizes too big then the answer is yes

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    Unless you're in a shell that's 3 sizes too big then the answer is yes
    Copy. That's definitely not the case so I'll put that thought to bed.

I just bought some freerides for my x-max's (98mm last) based on Chris at zipfit's advice. I have a narrow heel and skinny legs, and he said the higher volume liner would fill out the space in the cuff better.

The freeride wasn't even on my radar initially - I was between the gara lv and hv. But Chris pointed me more towards the freeride. Between the freeride and the gara HV Chris said the volume is similar, but the freeride has the cutouts around the cuff, which sounded better for me since I do a fair amount of walking in these boots.

Only have 1 day in them so far. Fit is great around my heel. Still working on instep tightness, but I don't think that'd be any different in the lower volume liners. Fit around calf is decent, and should be great after a couple more days of skiing and getting things broken in.

Nice... thanks!
    I have that boot horn I’ll send you if you want it.
    I ran 2” of TPFE tape down the back of the shell, 1” down the middle of boot board to the toe, and 1” about 3” up the heel of the Zipfit and the boot horn wasn’t needed. I’ll hit the shell with a splash of food grade silicone spray once every 6 weeks or so and getting in is easy, getting out isn’t a problem but requires a little more effort.

Quote Originally Posted by jmills View Post
    I have that boot horn I’ll send you if you want it.
    I ran 2” of TPFE tape down the back of the shell, 1” down the middle of boot board to the toe, and 1” about 3” up the heel of the Zipfit and the boot horn wasn’t needed. I’ll hit the shell with a splash of food grade silicone spray once every 6 weeks or so and getting in is easy, getting out isn’t a problem but requires a little more effort.
    Sent you a pm

As always, depends mostly on the specifics of your foot and your shell. If the shell is appropriately fit for length, and you have a really low volume ankle/heel/calf, then a thicker liner may be of some benefit.

I unfortunately have super low volume bird bones for my ankle and heel and calf, with a low instep, but also fairly wide and bony met heads. So for me, the best combo over the past decade has been:

1) a 97-98mm last LV shell sized borderline short (5-10mm shell fit)
    2) punch the shell for my big toe and heel and 5th met head
    3) ditch the stock liner (way too short for my big toe in all three of the last 26.5 boots I’ve tried. This is easy to test for yourself, just wear the liners around the house for an evening without the shells. If your 1st or 2nd toe is crushed, probably time to try one size longer in an aftermarket liner).
    4) replace the stock liner with a thick aftermarket liner one size up (27.5 Zipfit WC with tons of OMFit added or HV Intuition 27) along with a custom footbed in my heavily punched 26.5 shell
    5) Booster strap and spoilers/shims as needed

All that to say: YMMV. But a thicker liner in a 97-98 last shell is not a completely unreasonable strategy

Quote Originally Posted by jmills View Post
    Shipping to Canada cancels that plan. If you have a binder laying around save yourself $25 and make one out it.
    Binder should be 10.5”x11.5”

Attachment 407667Attachment 407668Attachment 407664
    Good tip... thanks!

What is the appropriate size of tubing for extracting the goo? I need to pull a little out of a tongue and maybe the ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Thomas View Post
    What is the appropriate size of tubing for extracting the goo? I need to pull a little out of a tongue and maybe the ankle.
    i have some long spoons that i've used. i found a tube frustrating cuz you have to use your fingers to pack it into the tube (which is not as easy as it sounds) whereas you can just scoop with the spoon.
    the whole process is messy and decidedly un-fun.

the tongue is particularly un-fun and moving the cork up the tongue as much as you can will help improve access to the cork.

something like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...martRedirect=y

remold afterwards cuz the removal process is imprecise as fuck

Can zipfits help with foot numbness in a very low volume boot? Last time I went to a bootfitter for this issue, they made the boot more comfortable by grinding the footbed down, but at the expense of performance.

Are they a product I can buy and fit at home, and they might resolve the issue, as long as I get the correct model and use heat?

I’ve tried one on before, in a different tight boot, and it made said boot feel tighter initially compared to stock liner. However I didnt heat it up, nor do I know if it was the correct model for my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Velomayniac View Post
    Can zipfits help with foot numbness in a very low volume boot? Last time I went to a bootfitter for this issue, they made the boot more comfortable by grinding the footbed down, but at the expense of performance.

Are they a product I can buy and fit at home, and they might resolve the issue, as long as I get the correct model and use heat?

I’ve tried one on before, in a different tight boot, and it made said boot feel tighter initially compared to stock liner. However I didnt heat it up, nor do I know if it was the correct model for my situation.
    The corsa should fit a plug, however it will make things tighter. Nothing is as low volume as the shitty plug stock liners.

Quote Originally Posted by Velomayniac View Post
    Can zipfits help with foot numbness in a very low volume boot? Last time I went to a bootfitter for this issue, they made the boot more comfortable by grinding the footbed down.
    What Mr Pretzel said. The Corsa will still take up more room. However you could likely make some concessions for circulation (grinding the boot board) and not suffer the same performance degradation as you did with the stock liner.

And again, ZipFit offers a $ back guarantee and their support is great. Only way to know is to try them.

With Intuitions I could put and had to put strong tension on all buckles. With the ZipFits you barely have to tension your buckles (assuming they fit your foot and shell like they should) and over my instep I leave mine pretty slack. If i put any kind of tension on that buckle I'll get numb toes.

And yeah, fit them at home. Best way to fit them is skiing in them. First few days out will probably really suck for numbness based on your situation. Call and talk to Chris and see what he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

PSA for anyone wanting to try some Zipfits for cheap. up for sale on Mountain Project. $200, Size 26. Not my ad

https://www.mountainproject.com/foru...-of-snow-stuff