Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Good luck dude. Sending good vibes and energy your way. Can also send coffee too if it would help, DM me.

You'll be back at it in no time. You got this!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the encouragement and support. Long, long road ahead but there is no doubt in my mind I will be back out there again. Given how close I came to losing a leg, 3 months in a wheel chair feels like a win.
    Last edited by cspringsposer; 02-13-2022 at 08:59 AM.

my dad has similar issue, but he in another world now(((

How is the recovery going csprings? Is it looking like you're going to get out on snow this winter?

Hey brother thanks for checking in. The bones have all healed great, but it looks like I have some additional ligament damage that wasn't fixed during the earlier surgery. I knew this was a possibility since they said saving the leg and putting the bones back together was the priority, but it sucks to work this hard and find out you are going to get cut on again.

I have been able to cruise a few groomers with the wife, but with the knee instability, I can't push it too hard. The plan is to have surgery to take the plates and screws out early spring. After I get through that they can do an MRI to figure out what other surgeries I need to fix the ligament damage. Realistically, I'm probably 1.5 - 2 years away from being able to really push it on the mountain. Pretty disappointing, but given how close I came to losing it, I am grateful to still have a leg to get worked on.

Well that sounds not ideal, but as you say also way better than the alternative. I hope you've gotten some joy out of sliding around on snow with your wife and that your morale is staying up.

Long road c springs. Hang in there!:

So glad you kept your limb. That's a big win.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Thanks guys. I'm definitely going to keep putting the work in and hopefully will be able to get somewhat back to form. I really appreciate the encouragement from everyone. It genuinely helps!