Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    What's the deal with the tracking not working then?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Human error. Received goods today.

Glad it worked out well.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Just an update from me that I did end up getting my money back from Venmo. Honestly not sure why the scammers are using business accounts instead of personal ones, that's the only reason I got my money back. haha

So sometimes things do happen with the post office. Sold a pair of skis to a mag, going from CA to NY last month. dropped them off and no tracking updates for like 18 days, supposed to already arrive a week before that. We both waited and eventually they just showed up one day, about 23-24 days after I dropped them off. 7-10 day ground was optimistic to say the least.

Were you Thaleia's seller?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

No

I posted on one of ptex1 threads where i found a subtle discrepancy in the email address offered.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ew-440-shipped

ATTN GEAR SWAP SHOPPERS / MAGGOTS

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mods-The Praxis FRD w/P14s for $150 shipped I responded to was removed after a PayPal address was provided for me to pay . Did Tahoesnowdawg get hacked? Sorry Tahoesnowdawg if not,

Mods- this is something I’ve seen previously. Received a PM relating to my wtb thread.

. There appears to be a scammer in our midst:

You have received a new private message at Teton Gravity Research Forums from md92b6, entitled "Scarpa TX Comp NTN 27.5 or 28.0".

This is the message that was sent:
    The seller is currently inactive on the forum but you can reach him at :
    cbreyes990@gmail.com
    Last edited by jmedslc; 03-04-2023 at 07:14 AM.

Ya this cbreyes990@gmail.com dude tried scamming me as well

Just did a deal and after the deal was done, got an email from anthonygeorgia61@gmail.com soliciting to sell me the same stuff. Asked for my zip. Didn't send him any info. Looks like the jerks and still scanning GS to scam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Well, shit. Got scammed myself on an active GS thread. Received an email from martinmarket81@gmail.com for deeds Volkl BMTs. I had a few gear threads going, and the email referenced the skis closely enough that I didn't realize I'd never moved the thread to email from the board. I moved a bit too fast trying to coordinate separate deals for skis and bindings, and looks like now I need to dispute that via PayPal. I've done a lot of transactions here over the years, but this was a first for me.

I'd changed my password before, and don't have any suspicion of being hacked myself. Regardless, they were just good at inserting themselves in the midst of it. Keep your eyes open - scammers are certainly alive and active here still.

Edit: deeds points out the likely method below. I never noticed that before, and certainly makes it easy for people to try and hijack transactions.

Also, I’ve had a few transactions recently where people requested friends & family vs purchased goods on PayPal and Venmo (due to fees, or maybe the lower threshold for reporting transactions). The imposter scammer (not the real deeds) asked for the same, and I didn’t push back - which looks like it’ll cost me the ability to dispute it with PayPal.
    Last edited by 3pin; 02-06-2024 at 08:35 PM.

that’s a bummer dude :/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

If you have an account here you can email other users directly and bypass DMs. I believe there is a way to disable this in your profile settings but not 100% sure where…
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0199.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	485864

Here is how to disable that (I think)

1. Go into your private messages (no idea why this option is available under PMs but not when just looking at your profile, but don't ask questions, it's there)
    2. On the left side, under "my profile", choose "edit profile"
    3. On the left side, under "my account", choose "general settings"
    4. near the top, under "Receive email", uncheck the box that says "receive email from other users"
    5. scroll to the bottom and save changes

There is also another (similar) way that these scammers operate, because conundrum's scammer (mentioned a few posts above) could not send him an email through this site. Here's how that one works (I found this explanation while googling):

the fake user watches classified ads for a real buyer expressing interest. As soon as they see that, they research the responding user and try to find an email in the user's posting history or profile. They then use the email address to contact the buyer, posing as the good seller. Failing to find an email, they may private message (if they got past our initial posting requirement) the buyer, again posing as the good seller. Finally, I've also seen a new user posting directly on a good ad to contact them directly at a certain email, basically relying on the buyer to not notice that the good seller isn't the one responding, but rather the post was from a new, low post count user."
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy