Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Yup. Change your shit. Don't get hacked. Don't be me.
    Yeah, but you're not DJSapp.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    Yup. Change your shit. Don't get hacked. Don't be me.
    Not not DJSapp?

Wtf. I’m confused.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Not not DJSapp?

Wtf. I’m confused.
    Double negatives cancel. Now just djsapp again.

MakersTeleMark down!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    MakersTeleMark down!
    I alerted mods. Two sketch posts this AM.

I guess they got my password from 2005. This is a test of the password reset.

Hopefully the bots got folks to post titties.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

welcome back MTM.

newest compromised account is: stalefish3169

If anyone knows that dude send me a pm and i'll get him his account back.

Maybe the hackers can Bring Back the Tags
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Ha, I fooled those Russian hackers fuckers...my password is 1235.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Ha, I fooled those Russian hackers fuckers...my password is 1235.
    Doh!

Thou shalt not count to five.

. . .

Well I got scammed out of $400 thinking I was getting a good deal on some 2022 Tecton12’s. The payment was made on Venmo to a business profile so I figured it was legit, and have filed a claim with Venmo but we’ll see where it goes. It was to MakersTeleMark’s profile but he has since reclaimed use of his profile so shouldn’t be a worry now.

I’d recommend TGR require a password change personally

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Well I got scammed out of $400 thinking I was getting a good deal on some 2022 Tecton12’s. The payment was made on Venmo to a business profile so I figured it was legit, and have filed a claim with Venmo but we’ll see where it goes. It was to MakersTeleMark’s profile but he has since reclaimed use of his profile so shouldn’t be a worry now.

I'm sorry that you got scammed. Hope that you get your money back.
    Last edited by Danno; 02-14-2022 at 11:49 AM.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Is the for sale post still up. Would be good info to see.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

The real OP deleted that one.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Is the for sale post still up. Would be good info to see.
    He pulled pics & text from a FS ad on KSL.

The two tells: language was way too polite and formal to be MTM, and (2) he bumped the post after like 42 minutes, which appears to be a common tactic (and giveaway) of these shitheads.

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    He pulled pics & text from a FS ad on KSL.

The two tells: language was way too polite and formal to be MTM, and (2) he bumped the post after like 42 minutes, which appears to be a common tactic (and giveaway) of these shitheads.
    Yeah, they keep calling you "sir."

You should be refunded in the end. My situation turned out okay:
    Name:  2022-02-14_07-43-16.png
Views: 634
Size:  33.3 KB

you got scammed too? dayum

In hindsight I did think it was a bit odd the language used in the transaction but the way the ad was laid out, pics, etc all seemed very normal. I was naive seeing as this has probably been the safest outlet I use for buying and selling in the past, so I didn't really think too much of it.

Good to see you got your money back, Brasso. Luckily I had all the screenshots of conversations and venmo transaction labeled with Tecton like I thought I was buying. Only thing for me is I sold my 20/21 Tecton 12 to get this 21/22 Tecton 12 I thought was for sale (wanted the updated design), so now I have to hope I can find a good deal on another pair of Tecton 12's since I have the holes open on my skis ready for a pair. Not really wanting a different binding haha

Did any of the scams involve the conversations moving over to email exchanges or was it strictly through pm? I bought some skis a few weeks ago from a 'longtime mag', was given a tracking number that doesn't work, and yeah - have not received the skis..

Guy I bought them from continues to post as usual here in various forums so I assumed that mean they're not hacked, but after reading MTM's post elsewhere it seems it's possible that both scammer and the guy whos profile was jacked can be posting at the same time?

I haven't read through this whole post, apologies if it has already been mentioned...

A reverse image search can often help in dealing with fake adds, scams, etc. If you take the pic from a post for whatever you're thinking of buying, run it through google, and if it pops up somewhere else, like some previous for sale add, that's a pretty big red flag...i've used it with good success on CL for those 'way to good to be true' posts that are so enticing...

https://support.google.com/websearch...form%3DDesktop

(edit: can't spell...)

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Did any of the scams involve the conversations moving over to email exchanges or was it strictly through pm? I bought some skis a few weeks ago from a 'longtime mag', was given a tracking number that doesn't work, and yeah - have not received the skis..

Guy I bought them from continues to post as usual here in various forums so I assumed that mean they're not hacked, but after reading MTM's post elsewhere it seems it's possible that both scammer and the guy whos profile was jacked can be posting at the same time?
    That's disturbing. I hope you told the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=5787175

Sounds like the unofficial 7 day wait for a call-out has passed

^ Sorry guys, I should have updated my post. A mod graciously reached out to me to and the guy I bought it from isn't on the hacked list. Also the mag I bought the skis from has been really upfront with me and at this time I don't think I've been scammed.