Breaking Look/Rossi Pivot/FKS Heel Base Plate

Just broke my second on the same set pf P12s and was looking at shop and all the Pivot turntables P12, -14, -15 etc all have the same stamped heel part. How many people have broken this?
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    dougW, you motherfucking dirty son of a bitch.

Pretty common. The OG black bases seem to hold up better.

Should this be a warranty item?? And for people who have have broken when did it fail? Both of mine when I was taking off ski but would have to think that its a fatigue failure so could have happened when skiing.
    Last edited by DougW; 01-29-2022 at 12:52 PM.
    Mrs. Dougw- "I can see how one of your relatives could have been killed by an angry mob."

Heavy switch landings in the park is a Pivot killer, but I'm assuming that's not your case?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Heavy switch landings in the park is a Pivot killer, but I'm assuming that's not your case?
    Doug is known for his multitude of switch landings. Especially riding it out switch to the road.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    Thats just ageist !! But true. Though in my younger days I had a pretty sweet crossed leg one pole tip roll.

I think I broke 2-3 when I had pivots a bunch of years ago

So if you can pick up old pairs not too worn just for the base plate it wouldn't be a bad idea. have to look at the pivot vs PX thing. Like the Pivot more but px cheaper and don't have cost of base plate replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by DougW View Post
    So if you can pick up old pairs not too worn just for the base plate it wouldn't be a bad idea. have to look at the pivot vs PX thing. Like the Pivot more but px cheaper and don't have cost of base plate replacement.

Depends on age. If they plastics are shot and brittle then it’s time for new clamps. This is why a lot of us run 18s. That’s normally the point at which the bindings have tons more metal then plastic and will last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Depends on age. If they plastics are shot and brittle then it’s time for new clamps. This is why a lot of us run 18s. That’s normally the point at which the bindings have tons more metal then plastic and will last longer.
    I was thinking just for parts specifically the base plate which is the same for p12. p15 p18. If you could pick a pair of skis with a pair of p12s that were ridden by a 110lb woman on 160cm skis that base plate should not have seen to much stress.

If you have not dismantled the base plates before (or assembled them) your best bet is to buy a whole baseplate/brake/turntable assembly from Rossi.
    If you have a strong vise, safety glasses, strong thumbs, and the ability to follow a youtube instructional video you should just find a replacement plastic plate and try to reassemble them.