Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Youtubers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,845

    Youtubers

    I'm going to start one of those threads.

    I don't do padded room much... if this is the wrong place please advise.

    Is there a single human being that doesn't know you want me to "mash that like button and hit subscribe?"

    It seems so desperate. We know how youtube works... thanks.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,147
    I sub to 370 channels. Do you really think I want notifications? Fuck no.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I sub to 370 channels.
    “A life, you must get”
    -Yoda

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,147
    Quote Originally Posted by eleeskiing View Post
    “A life, you must get”
    -Yoda
    I have a lot of friends in the cooking, 4wd, crypto, and mostly photog worlds. Real friends. It's like catching up. Quite a lot of them are traveling the world. It's fascinating. Plus, I've never owned a TV. It's like 4-5 vids a day. It's a way of staying in touch. But if you want the best recipe for x, let me know. Here's andong with his crazy interpretation of borscht from today:



    That might actually change your world.

    Or this one from Matt doing a Polaroid reversal print and not killing himself and saving his marriage. I've know these people for years. From Matt cutting gravestones with his father, through his massive brain disease to losing and grabbing his marriage. That's valuable. It's like looking into a journal. I can throw you on so many extremely interesting people. While I can't do it, it has merit. And I support them anyway I can. Whether it's the old guy trying a new film process in eastern Europe, a Turkish woman trying to comb the history books to recreate women cooking, or a crack up team spending 3 days trashing gotos rigs in tassie.





    And even if you don't speak, it's worth it:

    https://www.youtube.com/c/Swadofficial/videos

    These are people really living life and they inspire me.

    https://www.youtube.com/c/ItchyBoots/videos

    I could go on, but they provide the juice that I absorb.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    7,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    I'm going to start one of those threads.

    I don't do padded room much... if this is the wrong place please advise.

    Is there a single human being that doesn't know you want me to "mash that like button and hit subscribe?"

    It seems so desperate. We know how youtube works... thanks.
    Here:https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=342753
    I don't subscribe as a general rule. If I see a link I might catch up, if I'm reminded of something I might hunt down a channel.

    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I sub to 370 channels. Do you really think I want notifications? Fuck no.
    Holeefuk. I hope you watch at 1.5-2x, otherwise how many hours of content per day is created by the people you subscribe to?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,147
    Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Here:https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=342753
    I don't subscribe as a general rule. If I see a link I might catch up, if I'm reminded of something I might hunt down a channel.


    Holeefuk. I hope you watch at 1.5-2x, otherwise how many hours of content per day is created by the people you subscribe to?
    Not much actually. There is only so much french cooking and motovloging and film shit in a day. Maybe a couple fun 4wd recoverys a week.

    I actually talked to some youtube exexs about being able to share your followed channels like a spotify playlist type thing. They didn't have that feature, but considered it. They are fucking idiots though, they work for google.



    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    108
    You tube exec 1: “Hey Bob, that one weird guy is spamming my inbox again about his big ideas to improve youtube”
    You tube exec 2: “Ugh, that guy is so obsessed. He cares more about you tube than I do....and I make bank working here”.
    You tube exec 1: “I’ll just tell him ‘we’ll consider it’. That should get him to shut up for a few months and I’ll probably be working at apple or fb by then”

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,189
    I can't decide if I love this guy or hate him.

    https://www.youtube.com/c/HugeFlyFisherman

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,788
    That’s the YouTube sweet spot.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,845
    Yeah I don't subscribe to much and I have notifications turned off.

    It's just bizarre to me that most content creators seem so desperate when they remind me on every video to like, subscribe, etc.

    It seems strangely equivalent to your friend on Facebook explicitly telling you to like their posts and turn notifications on... desperate, even if I understand that's what they want and why they want it.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    2,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    It's just bizarre to me that most content creators seem so desperate when they remind me on every video to like, subscribe, etc.
    Considering how every single youtuber gives that reminder in every single video, has youtube made it a requirement or they get left out of the YT algorithm?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    5,014

    Youtubers

    How is this bizarre? It’s not that difficult guys….

    More subscribers gets them:
    - more value to sponsors
    - higher placing in the YT algorithm, more views.

    Which means more money from YouTube and more support and resources from their sponsors.

    Which means more and better content

    If you enjoy a YT channel, subscribing is the easiest way to support them and help them continue to create the content you enjoy.

    It also better tailors your YT homepage to your tastes…



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    249
    It can be a great marketing tool if you are charismatic and people like watching/listening to you.

    Turned a guy i know from a dirt bag to a successful business man..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    10,165
    You won’t find this any other way


    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    How is this bizarre? It’s not that difficult guys….

    More subscribers gets them:
    - more value to sponsors
    - higher placing in the YT algorithm, more views.

    Which means more money from YouTube and more support and resources from their sponsors.

    Which means more and better content

    If you enjoy a YT channel, subscribing is the easiest way to support them and help them continue to create the content you enjoy.

    It also better tailors your YT homepage to your tastes…



    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I get how it works. That's my point. I don't need to be reminded.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Retardbumville
    Posts
    803
    Call your Mom.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Joisey
    Posts
    2,578
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Plus, I've never owned a TV..
    I stopped reading and fell on the floor. That is pretty amazing to me but if i added up the hours I wasted watching nonsense on TV i maybe coulda been somebody. There are some things worthwhile but a lot of garbage also. Good on you.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Watching over the valley
    Posts
    4,087
    This guy used to be pretty good. I haven't watched in a while, but here is a classic...
    https://youtu.be/fyuv3WXPQsM

    Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    sigless.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,118
    Also have never owned a TV nor had a cable subscription. And I’m not young.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    4,845
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Also have never owned a TV nor had a cable subscription. And I’m not young.
    Well the second part kind of follows from the first, no?

    Having a cable subscription and no TV would be unusual.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    249
    I havent lived with a TV since before they were flat and I've never owned one. Also not young.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    8,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Well the second part kind of follows from the first, no?

    Having a cable subscription and no TV would be unusual.
    that would be weird yes good point.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,147
    I caved in and bought a cable subscription sort of. A really cool DJ from Atlanta and I ran a cable from the box in the back road and drilled a hole in my wall to give me some internet to replace the shitty dsl I've been living with for 18 years. That raw cable is burried in about 4 feet of snow. Might be a trip hazard in the spring about May.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
    Posts
    3,674
    My daughter needs to monetize het tiktok account. She has about 3.5 million followers.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    My daughter needs to monetize het tiktok account. She has about 3.5 million followers.
    C'mon now. Link that.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •