Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Impersonating Ski Patrol

"True love is much easier to find with a helicopter"

Pretty sure I saw something similar at hyak last weekend. Old dude in a super old ski patrol jacket cut the line with his wife

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCflhNUUgAAO52W.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	403109
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

or such a passion for Aspen Extreme that he had to live the dream (at least for a day)
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by goCougs View Post
    Pretty sure I saw something similar at hyak last weekend. Old dude in a super old ski patrol jacket cut the line with his wife
    Did the rest of the lift line queue start pelting the offending "patroller" with snowballs?

Sheesh, this kind of bullshit is just getting out of control. People that feel the need to wave around their assumed authority because they don't like to be around others is just pathetic. Of course when patrol is really needed they're usually not around or unconcerned about asshole children in lift lines swinging their poles around fighting with each other and just about taking out others in the liftline with their actions and belligerent parents.

I verified Clay was not in the area at the time of the incident
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

What do you call a ski patroller who's broken up with his girlfriend?

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    What do you call a ski patroller who's broken up with his girlfriend?
    Homeless

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Homeless
    Yawn....

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Impersonating Ski Patrol

Wait,

How do we know that it was someone impersonating ski patrol and not ski patrol going bonkers and then turning around after he realized that it was a child that he accosted?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Umm clickbait. Do not click, dumbasses.

That was after their elector impersonations or before?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post

or such a passion for Aspen Extreme that he had to live the dream (at least for a day)
    They totally shot the wad with that first five minutes or so of the movie, but, gawd, what a gem of a sequence.

Gives a memory of walking up to the face above a Crystal Mtn. run (first bootpack) and four guys start behind us on a fast clip. Having the correct color and fabric pattern as the revered patrollers, turned back & said "the next patroller will open access shortly, we're up here to check it first". "Okay man" and we headed up for first lines amazed that it worked.

I'd think this would be pretty risky. Odds of crossing paths with actual on duty patrollers seems pretty high. Other than line cutting there's no win and plenty of downsides to wearing a resort work jacket when you're not working ..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

If I observed someone wearing a uniform or cross that intimated they were a staff member or a medical 1st responder they either changed that garment or were asked to leave. Did not matter if it matched our uniforms or not.

It is not uncommon to have patrollers from volunteer programs to show up expecting to be able to wear their patrol coats. Buncha weirdos.

However it is common in the west to do ski patrol exchanges and the guest patrollers wear their uniform.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Uh excuse me but never said I wore a resort or patrol jacket. It was a close enough look that the folks behind didn't catch on which tells a bit about their over-all mountain knowledge. Never presented myself as a Patroller, only inferred the next patroller would inform them it's open. After we checked it out.
    No cross, I'd NEVER try to pass off as a ski patrol. Some folks do draw conclusions before knowing the facts I guess. Point was, I was mistaken for one by novices who didn't know how to tell a real one from a powder poacher.

^Bunion didn't appear to be referring to you.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Did the rest of the lift line queue start pelting the offending "patroller" with snowballs?

Sheesh, this kind of bullshit is just getting out of control. People that feel the need to wave around their assumed authority because they don't like to be around others is just pathetic. Of course when patrol is really needed they're usually not around or unconcerned about asshole children in lift lines swinging their poles around fighting with each other and just about taking out others in the liftline with their actions and belligerent parents.
    Calm down Karen.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    ^Bunion didn't appear to be referring to you.
    I most certainly was not.
    In L8s case If people are so clueless then you or I cannot change that. 1st tracks goes to who is there 1st by whatever means.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

I had the opposite happen wearing a bargain bin orange hooded parka and black bibs that turned out to be colors and same brand parka of the ski patrol at the mountain where I was skiing with friends. While in lift line a mountain employee came up to me and asked me to rearrange the rope and bamboo near the lift. I said "no I don't work here" and he started yelling, until the third time I explained that I wasn't a mountain employee.

Of course when patrol is really needed they're usually not around or unconcerned about asshole children in lift lines swinging their poles around fighting with each other and just about taking out others in the liftline with their actions and belligerent parents.
    Hahaha, yes. This is when patrol is REALLY needed.

S'all good. Figured some better context would show the humor of it.

.... asshole children in lift lines swinging their poles around fighting with each other and just about taking out others in the liftline with their actions .....

yeah,
    that pretty much
    sums up my childhood ....
    "we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    If I observed someone wearing a uniform or cross that intimated they were a staff member or a medical 1st responder they either changed that garment or were asked to leave. Did not matter if it matched our uniforms or not.

It is not uncommon to have patrollers from volunteer programs to show up expecting to be able to wear their patrol coats. Buncha weirdos.

However it is common in the west to do ski patrol exchanges and the guest patrollers wear their uniform.
    Surprised when attending workshops/clinics at other mountains, some patrollers show up in uniforms. They get asked to remove the jacket. If it's not the place you patrol, don't wear the jacket. It's my first year on patrol and seems obvious enough to me.