WFT (Wanted for Tinkering): Some Lupo Bits

Planning to do some Frankenbooting with a Lupo, and I'm looking for a donor boot or parts. Hoping someone has the goods in their junk pile. Payment in beer or maybe a trade of the "my old stuff for your old stuff" variety could work too.

Specifically interested in finding the cuffs that came on the AX 115 (yellowish cuff in the pic). Something similar, or maybe even identical, came on the ladies AX 110 too (blue cuff). Best I can tell this particular cuff design only came on those two boots. The cuff that came on the old Lupo SP (which I think is the same as the cuff on the Lupo T.I.) is similar but not the same and it isn't quite what I'm looking for.

If boot size matters, I need the cuff to work on a 26.5 clog. I'm not sure if Dalbello uses the same cuff across different sizes or if each boot size has its own proportionately sized cuff.

I'm also looking for a couple of the 8 degree forward lean shims from a Krypton if anyone has any extras lying around.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lupo AX115 & AX110.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	402975

I have a pair of the blue ones, 120 flex, in 26.5 that are a bit beat but still fully functional. I can't stand them and don't use them anymore. Any use to you?

So 24/25 is a size & 26/27 is next up. Good luck!

Tom @ Northern Ski Works Ludlow has the 8 degree shims you seek!

I have some 8 degree shims for ya. Hit me up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could also go for some 8 degree shims.

Wow this place is great. Wake and PlayItLeo I’ll message you. Irip thanks too.
    Last edited by Gray Lab; 01-28-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Sadly Wakefield has the AX 120 which does not have the full wrap cuff. Bumping for the hoarders buried under a pile of used up AX 115's.

Here's a pic with the various Lupos from that time. You can see that only the AX 115 (bottom middle) and AX 110 (bottom right) have the full wrap style cuff. AX 120 (bottom left) and the rest all have the cuff style that comes on all Lupos now. Always been curious why Dalbello would bother making this cuff and only using it on two models, and then only running those models for a couple of years (or maybe even just one year?), but there you have it.

Name:	fUsleIDx7QDgsHbBBzNH-large.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	403091
    Last edited by Gray Lab; 01-27-2022 at 05:05 PM.

I can verify the lupo SP cuff does work. Have had this mod for a few seasons

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Name:	IMG_2273.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	403163

It works as in it fits, but the SP had the old walk mode. I had the SP and found the walk mode almost useless. The ID wrap liner might have had something to do with that but im still trying to avoid that earlier walk mode

That said, do you find that the full cuff makes a big difference (sorry for getting a little tech talky in the gear swap)?

I do find that the full cuff skis better. I was coming from multiple kryptons and this definitely felt more familiar.

Nice thanks. I’m coming from a krypton too.

What's that you say? You just cracked the shell of your AX 115's and now you need to get rid of them to make space in the gear closet? I'm here to help.

Preseason bump in case you’re about to toss your yellow-cuffed AX 115’s

I take that the AX115 cuff has more ROM that the cuff that comes with the Lupo TI (green clog)?
    Is the cuff from the AX115/110W made from PU?
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

I would guess ax 115 has a little better ROM than the original greenish TI but can’t say for sure. It’s the full wrap style like you find on the krypton’s so probably not as good as the newer style found on lupos. I have the memory of an old guy, but something back there is telling me the ax115 cuff might be Irfran, not PU.
    Last edited by Gray Lab; 01-09-2023 at 01:29 PM.

Crummy conditions make me start thinking about tinkering with gear again while waiting for the next storm. So bump. Someone has these collecting dust by now.

I can offer an older but hardly ever used Arc softshell or a Smartwool midlayer jacket in trade if that helps move the needle. Could maybe dig up some other trade items if those don't do it. Or beer.

Just retired a pair of Lupo SP's, the black and orange ones with DIN soles? I haven't thrown them out yet because I figured someone could use something.
    PM me.

Edit to add: a good forward lean solution for me was to use both of the calf shims that came with them. The second, thinner pair can be velcro taped to the liner. Great success.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Thanks Stuck. Just pm'd.

Oh, and I'm still hunting for an AX115. Stuck's SP's are a little different.

Have had a bunch of lines in the water, but still no luck finding my white whale, the AX 115 cuffs. A little anniversary bump to see if anyone might be holding.

At this point would also take an SP or TI cuff with the old walk mechanism.
    And I wonder if a Panterra cuff with walk mode wouldn't work. I know nothing about the Panterra, but from pics the shell looks to be made from the same or a similar mold as the lupo.
    Just looking for old donor boots.