Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This fucking guy

Got me all worked up, then...nothin. Made me have all these Marc-Andrew Leclerc weird feelings.

What the hell is the objective here?

Was going to buy a rope but blew all the dough on baguettes?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

What's up with that ski pole basket dangling above guys head?

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Whoa, tense.
    Looked like there was a boot pack coming up below him.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Was going to buy a rope but blew all the dough on baguettes?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    0.5/10 STARS
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

Yeah wtf? Booting back down after an untenable sitch? Whatever the reason that guy got himself in and got himself out. At least I hope there isn’t some footy of the next section that’s a snuff clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTF?! Hell no

Question- who was recording this event?

From my outsider's understanding of the current euro steep skiing scene, one of the trends in the last decade or so is to repeat lines that once required rappels without the ropework. Easy to see how this could be considered better style, in a free vs aid kinda way. Bonhomme seems to be one of the stronger players in that game nowadays and has skied some truly outrageous shit. But if dry skiing is your thing you're going to be doing a lot of sketching around no matter how good you are. This vid being a pretty prime example.

Go watch Vivan Bruchez/Seb Montaz's films Downside Up and Between the Lines for more of this kind of behaviour. Downside Up in particular is a real classic.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/downsideup

Shane would've hucked it.

This fucking guy

Last edited by Self Jupiter; 01-26-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Notice how the chunks of snow take a left turn once they are off the rock? I think these assholes need to turn the frame 90 degrees and quit fucking with people.

He should team up with that splitboarder from the WAVY movie to see how many of us cautious people they can piss off at once
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Question- who was recording this event?
    It's a gopro (or similar) strapped to a pole connected to his pack. That's why the camera moves the way it does when his body moves

Quote Originally Posted by m-ruta View Post
    From my outsider's understanding of the current euro steep skiing scene, one of the trends in the last decade or so is to repeat lines that once required rappels without the ropework. Easy to see how this could be considered better style, in a free vs aid kinda way. Bonhomme seems to be one of the stronger players in that game nowadays and has skied some truly outrageous shit. But if dry skiing is your thing you're going to be doing a lot of sketching around no matter how good you are. This vid being a pretty prime example.

Go watch Vivan Bruchez/Seb Montaz's films Downside Up and Between the Lines for more of this kind of behaviour. Downside Up in particular is a real classic.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/downsideup
    Maybe it's just a good trailer, but in what you linked, they're at least after, like, actual lines? It doesn't look like there's anything even that good below this fucking guy.... the phrase "diminishing returns" comes to mind... this fucking guy...

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Notice how the chunks of snow take a left turn once they are off the rock? I think these assholes need to turn the frame 90 degrees and quit fucking with people.
    There is definitely something fishy (fisheye?) about the camera angle and/or wide-angle lens distortion. The lower part of the bootpack track looks unrealistically steep (like, overhanging - which the snow conditions don't seem like they'd support). And why are there bootpack steps right below where he is...contemplating?

But the biggest WTF would seem to be, when the camera occasionally shows it, the utter lack of an LZ (unless, well, taking "dry skiing" logarithmically to the next level, lulz). Either there is some target (trivial or otherwise), just out of frame, or this whole thing is just some dumb photo op.

exactly, there's nothing I can see that I can plausibly identify as an objective, there's not a moment of decision, just a struggle session in a deeply weird place... this is, like, purpose-built to drive a certain kind of person insane...

Gotta practice year round

Interesting for sure.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Interesting for sure.
    What the actual fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    What the actual fuck?
    Preparing for global warming ?
    "It's only steep if you're backseat"

Bonhomme/ Bruchez
    ht
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

Quote Originally Posted by AirheadD8 View Post
    Preparing for global warming ?
    Training for Alaska?

Quote Originally Posted by philippeR View Post
    Bonhomme/ Bruchez
    ht
    We only get two seconds of the crux with his skis on the rock. I wanna know how that went.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Interesting for sure.
    Would better if he had pole straps. Releasable, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Afkpuz View Post
    Maybe it's just a good trailer, but in what you linked, they're at least after, like, actual lines? It doesn't look like there's anything even that good below this fucking guy.... the phrase "diminishing returns" comes to mind... this fucking guy...
    To me, if you follow the boot tracks below the guy (assuming those are boot tracks) there's what looks like to me a very skiable (in a Euro/likely mandatory rappel sort of way) couloir. 2:18 has a great view of it all the way below him.