Fuji x100v/Ricoh GRIIIx for ski/ski touring/landscape photography

Anybody using one of these fixed/prime lens compact cameras for skiing/outdoor photography? It occurs to me that 1. they are compact enough to carry on a pack shoulder strap; 2. they offer ery high image quality which may allow them to compete with cell phone cameras for longer; 3. I often don't zoom in with my iphone anyway so a wider-angle, fixed length lens on these cameras could function pretty well for general outdoor photography, ski photography, etc.

I owned a Ricoh GR III (28mm FF Equivalent) and I sold it because I ended up using it a lot less than I presumed I would and here's why:

There's two scenarios where I took photos:

First scenario is where I valued portability and discreteness for street photography, weddings, concerts, and on-the-go skiing snapshots..etc. I bought the Ricoh thinking I would carry the tiny APSC camera in my pocket or bag all the time. However, it turns out my IPhone 13 Pro shoots in PRORAW now and it really does shoot comparatively well to my Ricoh, especially in good light. The convenience factor was the tipping point.

When I wanted to shoot more formal photographs, I just lugged around a mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera (MILC). This is when I wanted to shoot with more intention and stronger composition, so I was okay with carrying larger gear.

If I didn't have a MILC setups, I would be happily using my Ricoh all the time. Hope this helps! Side note: I want a x100v...hehe

TL;DR: My IPhone 13 Pro squeezed out my Ricoh GRIII and for more artistic photographs, I was more than happy to carry a real camera.
    90% of skiing is just looking cool

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    I owned a Ricoh GR III (28mm FF Equivalent) and I sold it because I ended up using it a lot less than I presumed I would and here's why:

There's two scenarios where I took photos:

First scenario is where I valued portability and discreteness for street photography, weddings, concerts, and on-the-go skiing snapshots..etc. I bought the Ricoh thinking I would carry the tiny APSC camera in my pocket or bag all the time. However, it turns out my IPhone 13 Pro shoots in PRORAW now and it really does shoot comparatively well to my Ricoh, especially in good light. The convenience factor was the tipping point.

When I wanted to shoot more formal photographs, I just lugged around a mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera (MILC). This is when I wanted to shoot with more intention and stronger composition, so I was okay with carrying larger gear.

If I didn't have a MILC setups, I would be happily using my Ricoh all the time. Hope this helps! Side note: I want a x100v...hehe

TL;DR: My IPhone 13 Pro squeezed out my Ricoh GRIII and for more artistic photographs, I was more than happy to carry a real camera.
    Right on. Yeah, I use an iPhone SE...And you roll a Sony A6whatever, correct? Why do you want the Fuji?

Because I'm a gear whore and it's awesome
    90% of skiing is just looking cool