Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaHead96 View Post
    Just ordered a pair of 29.5 GFTs for my 28.5 Hawx XTDs. This gives me hope that I made the right call.
    Lemme know how that goes, I hate my Intuition Pro Tour liners and the stock ones suck for touring too. They fit great w/ an inbounds liner I use though, I just want to enjoy them touring

Finally did a decent tour with the GFTs in zgtps and they’re awesome. Been struggling like a mofo getting zgtps to truly work for me after many years in Vulcans/tlt5-6, and it wasn’t until the zipfits that my heels finally feel planted. Haven’t messed with more cork yet, but I love that i have that option.

Alright 29.5 GFTs in 28.5 Atomic Hawx XTDs, after a little home oven fitting session I can say that the fit is very snug. I've only added half a tube of omfit cork to each tongue pouch and my heel is 100% secure. I do have a one finger shell fit -- which probably wasn't smart, so there's some extra pressure around my 6th toe that will probably need to get punched out at some point. To be fair I had that problem with the stock mimic liners, but it does seem to be ever so slightly more of a problem with the zipfits. I'm not concerned yet. I'm overall very happy with the heel hold, and my shell has room to be punched - so not the end of the world.

Liners w/footbeds weigh around 720 grams. Shells + liners + footbeds are weighing at 2000 grams. So, super heavy. Haven't toured in them or skied yet, but I'll be getting on some tours later this week. Will report back.

End of season update: I've had 25-30 days in the GFTs this year, including a couple of 12hr, 2500+ meter epics. They're the best investment I've ever made in touring gear (maybe in gear, period). I wasn't expecting to use them for big days, but the comfort and performance easily negate the weight penalty. Haven't even been tempted to reach for my Intuition Pro Tours since the Zipfits arrived.

I talked about the heel hold and downhill performance in my last post and don't need to reiterate all of that, except to say that the fit has only improved with time. But the big surprise has been the uphill comfort. I've put in a ton of vert with these liners and haven't had even a hint of a hot spot or pressure point. I think this is because of how the cork molds evenly to your foot and leg.

Apart from the weight I've only found one minor negative, which is that the GFTs don't breathe well. This hasn't resulted in any discomfort and generally isn't noticeable while wearing them, but I was surprised after one of my 12-hr days to find that my feet looked like they'd been soaking in a hot tub for a few hours. Didn't really give it a second thought, but anyone prone to sweaty feet should take note.

After many years of tweaking and fiddling with ski boots it's good to finally have them dialled.

Zipfit Grand Fuckin’ Teton Liner

There’s a new size 27.5 on eBay for $375: https://www.ebay.com/itm/16576191907...mis&media=COPY

I figure someone will want these!

EDIT: and gone. That was fast

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by skier2265; 11-08-2022 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skier2265 View Post
    There’s a new size 27.5 on eBay for $375: https://www.ebay.com/itm/16576191907...mis&media=COPY

I figure someone will want these!

EDIT: and gone. That was fast

Thanks for the PSA. Snagged these last night

Quote Originally Posted by whereiscarlos View Post
    Thanks for the PSA. Snagged these last night
    Sweet!

As the local Zipfit dealer shut down this season, we’ve inherited they’re stock, couple Garas and full size run of the Tours. Was excited try to but anything I tried to get liner and/or foot in was not happening. I’m in a one finger fit Radical Pro. Heated the liner right up, used a shoe horn, both liner on and off, nothing worked, way too much material on the liner. What did you guys resort to at the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    As the local Zipfit dealer shut down this season, we’ve inherited they’re stock, couple Garas and full size run of the Tours. Was excited try to but anything I tried to get liner and/or foot in was not happening. I’m in a one finger fit Radical Pro. Heated the liner right up, used a shoe horn, both liner on and off, nothing worked, way too much material on the liner. What did you guys resort to at the beginning?
    im one finger in my xt3 tour pro and had very little problem. Only my instep buckle needed some assistance from another guy to help us push it together. I did a 7 minute low temp bake on my liners only and then went right into the shell for 20 minutes.

GFTs just showed up and I’m thoroughly impressed! They fill all the voids the stock hawx ultra xtd liners couldn’t and make my chicken legs fit like I’ve always imagined a good boot/liner should fit.

I did notice doing the laces up too tight seems to limit rearward ROM in walk mode. Is there any reason loosely lacing the liners would be an issue other than if it causes difficulty stepping in the shell?

Just for what it's worth as a newer Zipfit user, they just aren't all that easy to put on / take off. I haven't tried the GFT liners, but in my resort boot the only way to do it is the way this guy does it in the video.

https://youtu.be/BUli9WRIh0A?t=25

Got about 4 days in a new pair of GFT liners and have hot spots on the medial and lateral malleoli as well as the shin along the tongue of the liner. No such issues with my intuitions. Been in dalbello lupos for years. Had the bootfitter add cork around the ankle but still the same.

Need more cork?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Just for what it's worth as a newer Zipfit user, they just aren't all that easy to put on / take off. I haven't tried the GFT liners, but in my resort boot the only way to do it is the way this guy does it in the video.

https://youtu.be/BUli9WRIh0A?t=25
    That’s the same process I do with my Corsa and my Head Raptor 140 RS. Tbh I have never tried to leave the liner in the boot.

Picked up some GFT's to go into my Tecnica Scouts size 26.5. Bought 26.5 liner. Did a microwave heat up. 15 second pulses at level 5 until they seemed warm but not too hot. Took the strap off before heating. Have not replaced it. Tight fit going into shells which I had warmed on my boot dryer. Think a boot horn will help going forward. Walked around for 20+ minutes while things migrated. No issues. Proof will be when I get them on snow. Obviously a snugger fit and a beefier feel to the boots. Need to find a better cord lock for the laces, or just tie them. Cord lock doesn't hold them tight. I think the liners will improve the skiability of the boot. Added weight might be an issue particularly for longer tours. I can switch out the old liner if needed for long days. This is a dedicated set up for touring and some off piste.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiwald View Post
    Got about 4 days in a new pair of GFT liners and have hot spots on the medial and lateral malleoli as well as the shin along the tongue of the liner. No such issues with my intuitions. Been in dalbello lupos for years. Had the bootfitter add cork around the ankle but still the same.

Need more cork?

Not the opposite? After finally getting this on with lots of heat, on a snug one finger fit Radical I think there’s just too much material in the liner around the ankles, primarily the stiff outer layer (and the other black nylon bits). Spent 30 minutes in them but there is no way I can make this liner work. I’m back to finding the optimal Intuition…I wish the Tour Wraps had that beefed up outer foam like the other Wraps.

To the last poster, you have to physically push the lock ‘closed’ to get it to hold…it doesn’t do it on its own.

GFT + 4-Quattro XT

I gave up on the 28.5 Hawx Ultra XTDs since I should really be in a 29.5 for a touring boot. But I can safely say that that for my low instep, low volume ankle, and chicken legs, the new Scarpa 4-Quattro XT in shell size 29.5/30.0 with 29.5 GFTs is a match made in heaven. For reference my feet measure 29.5.

Only thing is need is to get the boot punched for width a little bit. Also, the GFTs are an absolute pain in the ass to slip into the Quattros. But other than that its the most perfect fit I've had so far with any touring boot.

that must be Lou, thats it for the store ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have never had a better performing liner in my touring boot. Heal hold is amazing. Zero hot spots. Amazing stiffness and flex. Also very breathable in the toe box.

Just got some GFT. I put a 25 liner in a 24 ZGPT. My foot measures 25.2 and I usually find upsizing liners helps my toes. I came from a 24 hawx ultra xtd with stock liner that I had punched the forefoot a ton, blew the toes past the lugs, and wrapped a quarter inch of foam around the entire ankle pocket, as well as pinch pads. The hawxs fit like a glove with zero heel lift but my toes were still pretty smashed. The ZGTP has way more toe room.

I initially didn't add any cork. Heated the liner in a salomon over and didn't heat the shells (as per the rep).

Initial Impression:
    I am yet to ski them but I instantly went from slight heel lift and general feeling of slight room to absolutely locked in and feeling secure. Fucking rights. Very stoked on this. Because of the thin liner around the forefoot I gained a bit of width and I gained a little bit of toe room (plus they feel great in the fuzzy wool).

The tongue seems to be my trouble spot. The plastic outerlayer on the tongue is way too soft and I fold it right over the shell which I will get back to. It also doesn't match up with my shin outside of the shell. We added cork to the top half of the tongue but I wonder if this made it worse as it is pushing the tongue away. I will add more cork to the very top and see how this feels. I tried on a 24 Gara lv and it's tongue doesn't go nearly as high, comes with more cork, and sits nice and snug against my shin. I like to wear my power straps high on the liner and because of the flair of the tongue, the strap slides down.

As for the tongue stiffness, I replaced the garbage zgpt strap (too flexible, positioned awkwardly, hate the hook and cam). I put on a large velcro strap. This definitely reduced the feeling of folding over the shell but not completely, and the liner still flares out. I will add a ton more cork to give it more substance to try and make it feel like the Gara which has the same linings. To me, this is an obvious place for improvement on the liner, no one needs a soft tongue. I may glue a second layer of plastic on the top half of the tongue.

I am glad I upsized to the 25. The 24 gara was a little snug on my toes, but it was unmolded. I noticed it was a few mm (3?) shorter than my 24 Mach 1 liner and I will check tomorrow but I imagine even more compared to the ZGTP liner.

I am curious to see how my heels feel touring as the heel hold is intense. I would maybe recommend walking around while molding. I stood dead still. But they do take some breaking in so I will see.

Overall very stoked and impressed with the product. It's nice to be able to start with a slightly more relaxed fit and end up with a more secure fit than anything else. I'm impressed enough, we are going to start selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Just got some GFT. I put a 25 liner in a 24 ZGPT. My foot measures 25.2 and I usually find upsizing liners helps my toes. I came from a 24 hawx ultra xtd with stock liner that I had punched the forefoot a ton, blew the toes past the lugs, and wrapped a quarter inch of foam around the entire ankle pocket, as well as pinch pads. The hawxs fit like a glove with zero heel lift but my toes were still pretty smashed. The ZGTP has way more toe room.

I initially didn't add any cork. Heated the liner in a salomon over and didn't heat the shells (as per the rep).

Initial Impression:
    I am yet to ski them but I instantly went from slight heel lift and general feeling of slight room to absolutely locked in and feeling secure. Fucking rights. Very stoked on this. Because of the thin liner around the forefoot I gained a bit of width and I gained a little bit of toe room (plus they feel great in the fuzzy wool).

The tongue seems to be my trouble spot. The plastic outerlayer on the tongue is way too soft and I fold it right over the shell which I will get back to. It also doesn't match up with my shin outside of the shell. We added cork to the top half of the tongue but I wonder if this made it worse as it is pushing the tongue away. I will add more cork to the very top and see how this feels. I tried on a 24 Gara lv and it's tongue doesn't go nearly as high, comes with more cork, and sits nice and snug against my shin. I like to wear my power straps high on the liner and because of the flair of the tongue, the strap slides down.

As for the tongue stiffness, I replaced the garbage zgpt strap (too flexible, positioned awkwardly, hate the hook and cam). I put on a large velcro strap. This definitely reduced the feeling of folding over the shell but not completely, and the liner still flares out. I will add a ton more cork to give it more substance to try and make it feel like the Gara which has the same linings. To me, this is an obvious place for improvement on the liner, no one needs a soft tongue. I may glue a second layer of plastic on the top half of the tongue.

I am glad I upsized to the 25. The 24 gara was a little snug on my toes, but it was unmolded. I noticed it was a few mm (3?) shorter than my 24 Mach 1 liner and I will check tomorrow but I imagine even more compared to the ZGTP liner.

I am curious to see how my heels feel touring as the heel hold is intense. I would maybe recommend walking around while molding. I stood dead still. But they do take some breaking in so I will see.

Overall very stoked and impressed with the product. It's nice to be able to start with a slightly more relaxed fit and end up with a more secure fit than anything else. I'm impressed enough, we are going to start selling them.
    Stoked you’re getting into these, I’m zipfit for life now, I don’t even consider anything else really.
    Highly recommend heating them up before skiing the first few times, even just throwing them on the passenger side of the car with heating on full blast for 15 minutes helps a lot.

I've had 3 days on mine in 0G's, perfect from minute 1, no heel movement whatsoever. toes where cold though and I never usually get cold toes. it was a particularly cold up on the glacier though

Sent from my SM-G780G using TGR Forums mobile app
    i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rossymcg View Post
    I've had 3 days on mine in 0G's, perfect from minute 1, no heel movement whatsoever. toes where cold though and I never usually get cold toes. it was a particularly cold up on the glacier though

Do you have any issues getting into em? It feels like i need to separate the scaffo a lot to get in and out.

no not really, tour mode in locked and use the take the knee method.

i dont kare i carnt spell or youse punktuation properlee, im on a skiing forum

New to Zipfit here. I’ve got the GFT in a Zero G. I find the tongue extremely soft and it folds over the top of the shell. I’m also a power strap on the liner kind of guy (replaced stock one with a big fat Velcro one) and I find the shape of the plastic on the GFT tongue is too curved. This makes it curve away from my shin and also wedge the power strap downwards so it’s loose or just not on the tongue.

I am about to get more cork to put in the tongue but I’m curious if this will actually fix the problem.

Any tips or similar experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    New to Zipfit here. I’ve got the GFT in a Zero G. I find the tongue extremely soft and it folds over the top of the shell. I’m also a power strap on the liner kind of guy (replaced stock one with a big fat Velcro one) and I find the shape of the plastic on the GFT tongue is too curved. This makes it curve away from my shin and also wedge the power strap downwards so it’s loose or just not on the tongue.

I am about to get more cork to put in the tongue but I’m curious if this will actually fix the problem.

Any tips or similar experiences?

kinda sounds like you created half your own problem, put the stock strap back on…. Who the fuck can ski with a wadded power strap in their shell.m?! Are you not using laces either? I’ve never had any of my Zipfit tongues be soft and fold over, they are laced and strapped in. Cork might stiffen it a little but is sounds like a couple user errors need to be sorted out first.

my GFT fits so well that I just lace it and strap it and I leave every buckle open on my boots and set to the first hook. Power strap lose.

maybe your tongue is set to high up and needs to be pulled down in the liner so you have more tongue in the shell.