Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Zipfit Grand Fuckin’ Teton Liner

Has anyone had their foot in a Zipfit GFT liner yet?

I’m a big fan of Zipfits. Less so for touring. Am hopeful that the new GFT liners may be the answer for me.

I’ve messaged Zipfit customer services about availability in Europe, but haven’t received an answer as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    Has anyone had their foot in a Zipfit GFT liner yet?

I’m a big fan of Zipfits. Less so for touring. Am hopeful that the new GFT liners may be the answer for me.

I’ve messaged Zipfit customer services about availability in Europe, but haven’t received an answer as yet.
    Saw one while working on Matt Sterbenz's boot the other day. Not light, but looks sweet.

i'll let ya know when mine come in. should be any day now
    just like you, i'm hoping they'll be the answer to my touring boot woes

Looks like they shipped. They might be 2x the weight of an intuition if not more, but zgtp + gft seems like an intriguing combo to me.

I've got one arriving within the next week or so, hopefully. Will post impressions/review.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Looks like they shipped. They might be 2x the weight of an intuition if not more, but zgtp + gft seems like an intriguing combo to me.
    did you get a notification or something?
    I have a preorder and haven't heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Judo Chop! View Post
    did you get a notification or something?
    I have a preorder and haven't heard anything.
    I got a notification over the weekend, sounds like they are shipping preorders in two batches. Hit em up on their chat inquiry function on the website and they should get back to you pretty quickly/

yeah, nevermind. I just got my notification. thanks though. stoked

Mine’s on the way, stoked!

Out of curiosity, how many of those with GFTs on order have used other Zipfit models? I am a full-on Zipfit convert after picking up my first pair (Freeride Neoprene) this season. If the GFTs do for my touring boots what the Freeride liners did for my inbounds boots, I will be a happy, happy man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many of those with GFTs on order have used other Zipfit models? ...
    I'd guess 100%

Out of curiosity, how many of those with GFTs on order have used other Zipfit models? I am a full-on Zipfit convert after picking up my first pair (Freeride Neoprene) this season. If the GFTs do for my touring boots what the Freeride liners did for my inbounds boots, I will be a happy, happy man.
    5 years strong in a gara for me. I’ve tried all the liners(intuition, foam, stock, etc) and zipfits make a huge difference in my pain and performance.

Zipfit got back to me and confirmed that the GFT liners on the EU site are available for immediate shipping. So I just ordered a pair (plus some extra OMfit cork).

Whoever gets one of these things first needs to weigh them and post the results. The standard models weigh a fuck ton so curious to see if they've made any accommodations in that department. Either way these things sound like the bomb

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZCe_DQoa-V/

Saw this online, not promising but that boot mondo looks to be absolutely massive....

I’m expecting them to be around 500-600g in a 26.5. There’s not much about the design that suggests they’ve significantly cut down on weight compared with regular ZipFit liners, just increased ROM. That cork stuff is dense but you wouldn’t get the performance benefits without enough cork to fill in all the gaps between your foot and the shell.

I’m expecting them to be around 500-600g in a 26.5. There’s not much about the design that suggests they’ve significantly cut down on weight compared with regular ZipFit liners, just increased ROM. That cork stuff is dense but you wouldn’t get the performance benefits without enough cork to fill in all the gaps between your foot and the shell.
    Yup. I'm very intrigued by light shell + zipfit with rom . Any total weight under 1700g in my 27.5 zgtp seems like a win to me. I think mine currently with intuition pro tours and insoles is ~1500...

According to tracking, mine show up tomorrow.

Planning on putting them in some vulcans. Have zipfit freerides in my lange xt130s.
    I'll get some time in them and throw up some comparisons to the freerides and to powerwraps/pro tours.

I remember listening to an interview with Sven Coomer in which he talked about the weight of touring boots, he said…

“You know what makes your boots feel heavy? Blisters on your feet, they make your feet feel real heavy.”
    Last edited by Ocean; 01-26-2022 at 05:32 AM.

I’m well aware of Sven’s genius, and have always been curious about Zipfits, but not enough do drop huge $ when Intuitions are so comfortable, light weight, and warm, and at a fraction of the price. People seem to love them, but other than durability and dealing with problems (pain, slop, blisters) that I don’t have, what is it that makes Zipfits worth the premium in $ and weight?

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I’m well aware of Sven’s genius, and have always been curious about Zipfits, but not enough do drop huge $ when Intuitions are so comfortable, light weight, and warm, and at a fraction of the price. People seem to love them, but other than durability and dealing with problems (pain, slop, blisters) that I don’t have, what is it that makes Zipfits worth the premium in $ and weight?
    The best part of the whole Zipfit deal is that they ski better than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post

They ski really, really well. I wouldn't go buy them if I were happy with my liners, no need to solve non-existent problems. But I stumbled onto a pair for cheap and figured they were worth a shot to try to resolve some issues with heel hold and lateral hold on my forefoot.

And while this isn't going to be an option for the new GFT liners yet, you can definitely pick up a used set of ZipFits if you want to try them out at a lower entry cost. I've done so with two sets now. They aren't like a foam or moldable stock liner - you can heat them more times than you'd need to and re-inject or remove cork to adjust the fit. A used ZipFit, as long as it isn't literally falling apart, should still have life left. They're also constructed more like a shoe and are repairable to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    They ski really, really well. I wouldn't go buy them if I were happy with my liners, no need to solve non-existent problems. But I stumbled onto a pair for cheap and figured they were worth a shot to try to resolve some issues with heel hold and lateral hold on my forefoot.

And while this isn't going to be an option for the new GFT liners yet, you can definitely pick up a used set of ZipFits if you want to try them out at a lower entry cost. I've done so with two sets now. They aren't like a foam or moldable stock liner - you can heat them more times than you'd need to and re-inject or remove cork to adjust the fit. A used ZipFit, as long as it isn't literally falling apart, should still have life left. They're also constructed more like a shoe and are repairable to an extent.
    Evidently the spec is ~550g in a 27.5. Not too bad.

All true. I wish in retrospect i spent ~250 on ebay for a used pair than 475 at a bootfitter, because they are very easy to mold and modify at home. Risk of fuckup is low compared to something like an intuition, and they actually feel like one of the few non disposable products you can buy today. I only have a couple dozen days on mine but totally believe the stories of people getting 1000. Really phenomenal product and a 550g touring liner that *actually skis well* seems like a fantastic trade.

A Zipfit is like a firm handshake for your foot. An Intuition liner is like shaking hands with someone wearing a thick mitten. Comfy and warm, not precise and vice-like. I love Intuitons, but they’re very different products.

Just arrived, 560g in 27.5. For reference my 27.5 pro tour MV are 244g. Not bad. They look great.