Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Obviously there will be a hit to the long term durability, but that's not the point of this new liner. As long as the price point isn't $600+ dollars it won't matter to me. I have never retired a foam liner due to the toe box wearing out... it's always the heel hold that fails first.
    100%

they told me not next season, but 2025.
    not sure exactly what that means. but my guess is only for pros & bros next season.

Some shops are getting it next year. But not many at all.

The entire liner is made from a different material. No neoprene, as that was very heavy.

There is very little cork in it to start. It is meant for the fit found in 1000g lv boots, or fat feet in normal boots I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenBC View Post
    Some shops are getting it next year. But not many at all.
    Is your shop getting in on the party?

To be seen. We hope.

Exclamation Clear the waters

As I've alluded to, we are working on a lightweight touring innerboot.

We are still in the development and testing phase. We will launch this lightweight touring innerboot when we can stand behind the durability and longevity. We are not planning on having any available for '24/'25.

I hope that is as clear as can be. We share your enthusiasm for this project and we want to make it as great as we know it can be.

Cheers,
    Jeff

I’m sure there are a few here that would happily help in this testing effort : )

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ZipFit_Jeff View Post
    As I've alluded to, we are working on a lightweight touring innerboot.

We are still in the development and testing phase. We will launch this lightweight touring innerboot when we can stand behind the durability and longevity. We are not planning on having any available for '24/'25.

I hope that is as clear as can be. We share your enthusiasm for this project and we want to make it as great as we know it can be.

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Well damn.

A bit of a sad day, killing old zips, but a fruitful harvest for filling new zips!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3154.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	806.6 KB 
ID:	491227  

How did they die?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBogey View Post
    How did they die?
    13 seasons and 700+ days

Well done

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBogey View Post
    Well done

I don’t think I have had a single piece of gear, either skis or bikes, that saw more use and produced more enjoyment than those liners. Sad to cut them apart, but I’m glad the magic they possess will live on in my new zips.

They’re not cheap but I don’t think there’s better value out there. Not only the durability but the performance upgrade as well.

Finally bit the bullet and bought a pair for my Radical Pros. Coming from an Intuition, I'm pleasantly surprised at the ROM, especially while striding forward. Hoping the comfort is more than enough to take my mind off the extra weight.

Quote Originally Posted by mb7cbc View Post
    Finally bit the bullet and bought a pair for my Radical Pros. Coming from an Intuition, I'm pleasantly surprised at the ROM, especially while striding forward. Hoping the comfort is more than enough to take my mind off the extra weight.

You’ll love it. Maybe save a crappy liner for when you don’t care about skiing and just want light, but since you’re in Radical pros you’ve already made the decision to put function over weight. And you’ll never be able to ski a crappy liner again, so just toss it.

Does anyone have a feedback on whether the GFT being less warm than intuitions holds true in warmer conditions? Are they any better or worse in mega warm, sweaty swamp foot inducing temps?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Does anyone have a feedback on whether the GFT being less warm than intuitions holds true in warmer conditions? Are they any better or worse in mega warm, sweaty swamp foot inducing temps?
    GFTs are less breathable. I don’t notice it so much during the tour, but I’ve had 12-hour spring days where I pulled my liners off at the car and my feet/lower legs looked like they’d been in a hot tub for too long.

Not something I notice while skiing or really think about afterwards though.

Same. Feet get wet for sure. No issue though. Biggest difference is the GFT doesn’t feel super soft and loose when it’s warm.

Weight, price and temperature regulation are the three things Intuition has the GFT beat on. Durability, skiability (compared to other tongue liners), fit tweaking are in the GFT column. I have boots the GFT simply will not fit in either (TLT 6).

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums