Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Any recommendations for a good place to get a couple higher-end demo bikes somewhere around MRV? Got some friends visiting next weekend and will be riding in the area and Waterbury/Stowe. My local options in Boston aren’t ideal for our logistics.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ranch Camp in Stowe or Bike Express in Waterbury…I think they both still have demos, both cool shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Ranch Camp in Stowe or Bike Express in Waterbury…I think they both still have demos, both cool shops.

Good luck to anyone trying to get to Stowe. The northbound exit was backed up at least 3/4 mile down 89 when we passed around 1:30 today.

Thankyoumuch for the options… and traffic alert

Took the ‘memba-berry machine out on some trails tonight.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1665615013.963837.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.78 MB 
ID:	429730

Name:	Image1665615033.143425.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	429731

Name:	Image1665615051.585812.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.74 MB 
ID:	429732

Anyone recommend a great ride within 2 hours of Lake George, NY?

Looking for less than 20 mile ride. Epic views/scenery. Bonus for fun trail features... tech, flow, jumps, whatever.

I have a day to burn this week and looking for something outside the usual in town stuff and bike park. Might go to wheekerville, but am looking more for the view factor. I miss the big rides when we lived or west... TWE, etc...

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

I think Slate Valley Trails are going to be your best bet for good trails with good views. I know some people around here like Brant Lake Bike Park and Wheelerville a lot, but I haven't been to either so can't fully vouch for them. We've got great techy trails down here in Saratoga, but have almost nothing resembling views. Everytime I'm in the "bring back pics" thread, I am envious that other local spots have scenery that isn't just a bunch of swampy overgrowth. Plenty of good road/gravel scenery though if you want to combine that with a techy trail ride.

22 NE - Just get out and ride

x2 in Slate Valley.
    Last edited by Peruvian; 10-18-2022 at 02:52 PM.

Just landed in E Burke for two weeks. Hit me up if any of you kooks are going to be around

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skinipenem View Post
    Anyone recommend a great ride within 2 hours of Lake George, NY?

Looking for less than 20 mile ride. Epic views/scenery. Bonus for fun trail features... tech, flow, jumps, whatever.

I have a day to burn this week and looking for something outside the usual in town stuff and bike park. Might go to wheekerville, but am looking more for the view factor. I miss the big rides when we lived or west... TWE, etc...

Aside from some of the stuff just outside Lake George village, Within 2hrs you got:

1. BEST VIEWS - Most to choose from - Lake Placid/Wilmington/Elizabethtown
    betatrails.org

Views such as:

Name:	Image1666205345.698970.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	430492

Name:	Image1666206024.664820.jpg 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	430499

Name:	Image1666205562.587294.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	430494

2.North Creek Ski Bowl (mostly just for an out and back on the Long Trail (Hour or so ride)

Name:	IMG_4264.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	430496

3. Brant Lake Bike Park (fun spot, not a ton of mileage but the guy who owns the property has a bike shop/bar at the trailhead and you could ride a couple hours there maybe)

Name:	Image1666205959.020785.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	246.2 KB 
ID:	430498

Personally, I'd check out betatrails.org and take a 1:30-1:45 ride up from LG to some of the spots in #1 and make a whole day of it to sample a bunch of different trail systems in that area, then hit some breweries on my way back to LG (pass right by Paradox for example off exit 29 northway.) There's some ride descriptions on the BETA website, including a real nice loop at Otis Mtn that's pretty challenging and includes one of my photos above with the dead tree in it. The other photo with the big view is also in Elizabethtown at Blueberry trails. 3rd photo with Whiteface in background is Hardy Rd.
    Last edited by ADKmike; 10-19-2022 at 01:11 PM.

first time to these trail in year. just short enough that I tend to not go there although the 2 trails are gems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V16_gPEPJsE&t=1s

If you know the first trail its crazy how the slabs looks like nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Just landed in E Burke for two weeks. Hit me up if any of you kooks are going to be around

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Likely going to miss you again. Was hoping to head over there one of the next two weekends but my grandiose planes are typically dismantled by my truly lovely children.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by ADKmike View Post
    Aside from some of the stuff just outside Lake George village, Within 2hrs you got:

1. BEST VIEWS - Most to choose from - Lake Placid/Wilmington/Elizabethtown
    betatrails.org

Views such as:

Name:	Image1666205345.698970.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	430492

Name:	Image1666206024.664820.jpg 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	430499

Name:	Image1666205562.587294.jpg 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	430494

2.North Creek Ski Bowl (mostly just for an out and back on the Long Trail (Hour or so ride)

Name:	IMG_4264.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	430496

3. Brant Lake Bike Park (fun spot, not a ton of mileage but the guy who owns the property has a bike shop/bar at the trailhead and you could ride a couple hours there maybe)

Name:	Image1666205959.020785.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	246.2 KB 
ID:	430498

Personally, I'd check out betatrails.org and take a 1:30-1:45 ride up from LG to some of the spots in #1 and make a whole day of it to sample a bunch of different trail systems in that area, then hit some breweries on my way back to LG (pass right by Paradox for example off exit 29 northway.) There's some ride descriptions on the BETA website, including a real nice loop at Otis Mtn that's pretty challenging and includes one of my photos above with the dead tree in it. The other photo with the big view is also in Elizabethtown at Blueberry trails. 3rd photo with Whiteface in background is Hardy Rd.
    Great info! Thx!

My wife and I rode long trail this spring. It was fun. The climb was technical enough to keep my attention .

Ended up riding slate valley today. Will follow up with a TR soon

Last edited by skinipenem; 10-30-2022 at 05:17 PM.

Some riderless shots from course set up this week for our league race at Ascutney:

Name:	Image1666360246.414717.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	430678

Name:	Image1666360265.637226.jpg 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	430679

Frickin’ gorgeous fall out there.

Slate Valley, Pine Hill Park (Rutland) or Raptor Trails (Dorset).

My bad

The leaves are down and the light is fading. Great time to ride!

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Slate Valley, Pine Hill Park (Rutland) or Raptor Trails (Dorset).
    Raptor Lane is now closed for hunting season.

Thx to all for the beta on slate valley last weekend.

I rode the fairgrounds loops. Climbed cliffhanger, climbed mid-way, descended midway, loop d loop, and free fall twice. Freefall was the most fun with a couple steeper descents that could be very fast sans leaf cover. Cliffhanger was an enjoyable climb.

I wasted TONS of time trying to figure out where the hell I was most of the time. I rode about halfway to the other trailhead and then realized time was running out to be home in time for kiddos soccer practice.

Next time I'll start at the other trailhead with hopes of finding more fun terrain: jumps, jumps. Drops, berms, and tech.

The scenery was beautiful

The moist slate made for fun slippery climbing.

The signage helped my endorphin riddled short term memory. Check out the rock arrow! This place has had a lot of effort out into the build. Fairgrounds parking area had free wifi. Pretty sweet.

Sooo many leaves left me looking for the trail and taking mental notes of which direction I had arrived from at each intersection.

Rode Killington today. All the leaves have pretty much fallen. Stark contrast and evidence of the turn. Sick time. Next weekend is the end of the season. Come rip!

I got rid of my full size pick up this past weekend so if anyone wants a large Race Face tailgate pad, come pick it up. It's a few years old but still works just fine. Should fit any full size truck, Located in Barre-Montpelier area.

Name:  race-face-tailgate-pad-334530-11.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  42.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I got rid of my full size pick up this past weekend so if anyone wants a large Race Face tailgate pad, come pick it up. It's a few years old but still works just fine. Should fit any full size truck, Located in Barre-Montpelier area.

Name:  race-face-tailgate-pad-334530-11.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  42.4 KB
    Dibskis. This would greatly help out one of my less fortunate crew members.

Revisited SVT yesterday. This time I rode from the Endless Loop trailhead.

Pretty waterfall behind well built bridge only a mile or so up the trail.

Lookout from the top.

Hardy Hill proved a chill climb to access the goods. Rocky Ridge was an even better climb with enough tech to keep it interesting. Hunker Down, one way downhill, was super fun with multiple small jumps, Armored berms, natural roll ins, and some hip jumps including a cool natural Boulder hip. Rode hunker a couple times. Without leaf cover hunker b would get very very very fun and fast, all jumps would go to flat.

Don't end up in there on your drive home.

Any love for Mt Peg here?

Rode Cloud 9, Sir Bermsalot, Hardstyle, Redline, Schist Creek, Chutes and Ladder, Trap Line and Ridge Run. Good handbuilt steep flow, tech in places, some huge double I think I would have to session to be able to get. I think it maybe the best up to go down riding in Vermont right now. Easily my favorite place after my local now.

Here is a clip of parts of Trap Line and Ridge run. Ridge run has this crazy section that when I made the video after riding I though this is like 30 percent, according the trailforks its 40-49 percent. Its impressive and berms kind of work but I was riding blind and so was my follow guy. Also the enduro was just here and it was much looser than you would think.

https://www.trailforks.com/trails/ridge-run-144075/

Those turns/berms look way too tight. You can hear that you had to brake through them as they are not laid out with a wide enough arc to be able to keep momentum through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Those turns/berms look way too tight. You can hear that you had to brake through them as they are not laid out with a wide enough arc to be able to keep momentum through them.
    Its literally a 40-49 percent pitch. Not sure who wouldnt brake there....... Like it was steeper than anything at Cochran or Perry hill. Those berms are actually tons of fun but I was riding blind, and the person behind me was riding blind on a much steeper bike. If they were more open I feel like the trail would just be harder to ride.