Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    US OPEN at Killington this weekend.

Free admission
    Will be there Sunday. Probably on a stormtrooper decoy with a black leatt helmet and moto jersey. Riding with some rough looking characters, perhaps including my wife if we find a sitter. Ask for change

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by skinipenem; 09-16-2022 at 12:30 PM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Was delightfully surprised today by how fun Kalabus Perry near Saratoga was. This made it ever more funner:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	426681

Up riding KT this weekend—ask for change if you see a group on specialized stumpjumpers and a revel rascal!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Anyone going to the shitshow that will be the vt50 this year? Not psyched about the mud but looking forward to drinking some IPAs after!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci8bUtpuyXl/

some clips and picture from Bethlehem, Nh. Did Shoulder Roll, Fast Times, and Belly Rolls.

Trailforks

https://www.trailforks.com/region/bt...&lon=-71.57776

Fast Time was amazing, steep chunky, some drops, rock gardens berms, and one giant double I am not good enough to hit. Honestly amazing. Only complaint is it kind of short.

Shoulder Roll was fun, has some cool features on it like the "Shoulder Roll" itself which there is a video of on my instagram, pacing was off though and if I am going to pedal 700 feet up I would prefer to not pedal on the way down. I basically wish this was steeper.

Belly Rolls was fun and clearly the easiest of the 3 downs we did. Kind of flat though and pedaly. I would just do a double fast times lap next time I go I think.

oh yeah Truckin is a muddy mess, like so muddy that I am pretty sure not riding it would make it any better.

Overall a cool sport but I prefer the stuff on upper PRKR better, especially with the new climbing trail at PRKR. PRKR is nicely gravity fed DH chunk with still good flow. At least the upper stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Anyone going to the shitshow that will be the vt50 this year? Not psyched about the mud but looking forward to drinking some IPAs after!

How was it? I finished a solid DNS. Lost too much fitness rehabbing a shoulder to even think about doing it, so no first VT50 for me.

Anyone riding the ESC in Woodstock this weekend? I'm thinking about heading up but haven't raced with them before.

Are there any good trail systems near Vergennes on Lake Champlain? I'm gonna be in the area for a wedding and wondering if I should borrow a bike to bring up. Not living in VT anymore I can't keep track of all the cool new trails getting built, especially up north
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci8bUtpuyXl/

some clips and picture from Bethlehem, Nh. Did Shoulder Roll, Fast Times, and Belly Rolls.

Trailforks

https://www.trailforks.com/region/bt...&lon=-71.57776

Fast Time was amazing, steep chunky, some drops, rock gardens berms, and one giant double I am not good enough to hit. Honestly amazing. Only complaint is it kind of short.

Shoulder Roll was fun, has some cool features on it like the "Shoulder Roll" itself which there is a video of on my instagram, pacing was off though and if I am going to pedal 700 feet up I would prefer to not pedal on the way down. I basically wish this was steeper.

Belly Rolls was fun and clearly the easiest of the 3 downs we did. Kind of flat though and pedaly. I would just do a double fast times lap next time I go I think.

oh yeah Truckin is a muddy mess, like so muddy that I am pretty sure not riding it would make it any better.

Overall a cool sport but I prefer the stuff on upper PRKR better, especially with the new climbing trail at PRKR. PRKR is nicely gravity fed DH chunk with still good flow. At least the upper stuff.
    You realize it's a new trail system and you can only do so much with the terrain you have. Do you actually build trails or just bitch about them on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Are there any good trail systems near Vergennes on Lake Champlain? I'm gonna be in the area for a wedding and wondering if I should borrow a bike to bring up. Not living in VT anymore I can't keep track of all the cool new trails getting built, especially up north
    I think Middlebury is going to be your best bet, but that's 20 minutes to the South East. If you're staying around Burlington, your options open up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    I think Middlebury is going to be your best bet, but that's 20 minutes to the South East. If you're staying around Burlington, your options open up a bit.
    I'm staying on the lake near Vergennes but will have a car so I can get around a bit, but prob won't have time to drive more than 30-40 mins to a trailhead
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    How was it? I finished a solid DNS. Lost too much fitness rehabbing a shoulder to even think about doing it, so no first VT50 for me.
    Dns for me too. Have flu-like symptoms but no covid. Can barely walk to mailbox today.

Hinesburg is within that distance if you like some chunk. Or borrow a gravel bike. Tons of rolling farm roads down there.

Some riding in Bristol, too. Nothing all that long but good for a quick spin. Can send details if you want via pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Dns for me too. Have flu-like symptoms but no covid. Can barely walk to mailbox today.

Yikes! Sorry to hear, heal up yo.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    You realize it's a new trail system and you can only do so much with the terrain you have. Do you actually build trails or just bitch about them on the internet?
    being critical of a trail does nt mean that it should not be built or that the trail builder do not know what they are doing.

The Truckin trail being muddy.....well again I am just stating what it was like. I am sure plenty of people like flatter more pedally DH trails like Shoulder Roll I am just stating I do not like it as much.

I build trails, I just do nt have time or am neurotypical enough for the politics of building trails, so my trail building is contained to my backyard and one trail system where I actually basically agree with the Trail boss.

but hey if your part of BTA instead of getting all sand all up in your vagina, maybe take the critique and improve. Fast Times is pretty awesome, just do more of that. Also clearly I was not saying "these trail blow" or am I suppose to love everything and tell everyone every trail I ride is a 11 out of 10?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    being critical of a trail does nt mean that it should not be built or that the trail builder do not know what they are doing.

The Truckin trail being muddy.....well again I am just stating what it was like. I am sure plenty of people like flatter more pedally DH trails like Shoulder Roll I am just stating I do not like it as much.

I build trails, I just do nt have time or am neurotypical enough for the politics of building trails, so my trail building is contained to my backyard and one trail system where I actually basically agree with the Trail boss.

but hey if your part of BTA instead of getting all sand all up in your vagina, maybe take the critique and improve. Fast Times is pretty awesome, just do more of that. Also clearly I was not saying "these trail blow" or am I suppose to love everything and tell everyone every trail I ride is a 11 out of 10?
    I'm not part of the BTA and nobody is asking for your opinion on anything...skiing, biking, or trail building. You clearly think you're some sort of expert who needs to share your insightful thoughts on everything, but this isn't your gaper ski/bike site, so maybe just stfu.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I'm not part of the BTA and nobody is asking for your opinion on anything...skiing, biking, or trail building. You clearly think you're some sort of expert who needs to share your insightful thoughts on everything, but this isn't your gaper ski/bike site, so maybe just stfu.
    ok wow sand really up that vag?

So someone going to choose between Bethahalm and PRKR wouldnt want to know?

To my Maine mags (although all are welcome); Saturday the 15th a coworker is putting together the Central Maine Nemba Odyssey where we hit all the riding areas maintained by central Maine nemba.

Theoretically it’s looking like 55 miles over the course of the day, obviously some car travel is needed.

There will be beer at the end and I’m going to see about a grill. It’d be great to have some more folks involved. I can post more details as I get them if anyone wants to join.

Really nice out yesterday afternoon, maybe the last best day of the summer season. Swamp maples and ash are dropping leaves like mad now, this trail only had a few odd leaves on it the day before.

Name:	20221006_165847.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	429020
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Really nice out yesterday afternoon, maybe the last best day of the summer season. Swamp maples and ash are dropping leaves like mad now, this trail only had a few odd leaves on it the day before.

Name:	20221006_165847.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	429020
    yeah pretty hard to see, need some riding in locally.

I’ll be in the MRV area starting Sunday for a week if anyone wants to ride! Hoping to check out Tunnel Ridge as well.

Anyone headed to Mt Abram for closing day Sunday? I should be there all day if anyone wants to take a lap

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    I’ll be in the MRV area starting Sunday for a week if anyone wants to ride! Hoping to check out Tunnel Ridge as well.
    I think Peruvian and I are riding Little river Sunday if you want a 1.5/2 hour ride when you arrive.

Pretty damn nice out there despite the clouds today. This weekend will be prime fall riding. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1665190105.444052.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	429140

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums