Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

22 NE - Just get out and ride

VT’ers, I am running for a VMBA Board seat (Biggins status). Voting starts today and is open through 3/20. Appreciate your support if you’re a VMBA member. PM any questions you may have to determine whether I am worthy of your vote.

Thanks,
    Dave Dore
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    VT’ers, I am running for a VMBA Board seat (Biggins status). Voting starts today and is open through 3/20. Appreciate your support if you’re a VMBA member. PM any questions you may have to determine whether I am worthy of your vote.

Thanks,
    Dave Dore
    some sendy pics would help.

Quote Originally Posted by criscam View Post
    some sendy pics would help.
    Send me some of Colin’s action shots and I’ll get photoshop fired up.
    Uno mas

Does anyone know what conditions are like in the Northhampton MA / Saw Mill area right now? Snow or dirt or mix? Is it even rideable? -Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Does anyone know what conditions are like in the Northhampton MA / Saw Mill area right now? Snow or dirt or mix? Is it even rideable? -Thanks
    Don't think its rideable right now. Guy on Spacebook group asked about conditions there a day ago or so and no responses. I hiked the lower trails at B St right before the snow the other day and they would have been good to go but not sure now.

Right on, thanks. I checked the snowfall amount after my post and kind of assumed it was toast...unless frozen.

We're getting close to all dirt on the NH coast. Wet and snow on northern aspects. Sounds like Georgetown/Willowdale and points south in MA are good to go.

Not sure when your over this way but weather looks decent in the 50s all week so could dry out pretty quick. B St dries out real quick being so rocky. Never been to Sawmill so no experience there.

Yeah, just a quick hit over there today and tomorrow. Didn't bother with the bike, so walked some of the trails with the dogs. A little wet with minimal snow, so not bad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2F62E922-D25F-4067-BDB0-76400DF7FFE2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	824.1 KB 
ID:	454374

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post

Name:	2F62E922-D25F-4067-BDB0-76400DF7FFE2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	824.1 KB 
ID:	454374
    Are you in my neck of the woods?

Yes, Putney last two days. Amherst tonight/tomorrow. Then home to Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Yes, Putney last two days. Amherst tonight/tomorrow. Then home to Maine.
    Word. Lemme know next time if ya like, I'm a couple towns west and MNIAW ain't far neither. Rock!

That's a classic jersey right there.

Anyone need 26 inch rims? Have some old sun ringle rpm xxls I want out of the garage.

No 2023 thread yet so I’ll drop this here.

Cape E last night. 18 miles of dry fun including 5 miles I’d not ridden before. Felt good to be outside and the rest of the week looks better and better.

Any Portland area mags interested in riding tomorrow late afternoon, let me know.

Name:	Image1681411442.938753.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	455567

Flower Brook is getting shut down at KTA. Anyone who has ridden back from Moose Haven knows this trail. It's the same owners that shut down the three Ts a few years ago.

https://www.kingdomtrails.org/kt-tra...ate-04-13-2023

That shuttle bus from MH to town will be extra busy. I hope they figure out a route that makes sense. The driver told us how convoluted the ride was last year (out to each pickup location and back to town instead of one big loop).

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post

Cape E last night. 18 miles of dry fun including 5 miles I’d not ridden before. Felt good to be outside and the rest of the week looks better and better.

Any Portland area mags interested in riding tomorrow late afternoon, let me know.

Name:	Image1681411442.938753.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	455567
    Just missed you apparently, went out for an hour around 5:30. Won’t be back in town regularly until mid May.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Just missed you apparently, went out for an hour around 5:30. Won’t be back in town regularly until mid May.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    No worries. I rode last night and I’ll be heading to Gorham tomorrow after work so I figured I’d throw the offer out.

You at sugarloaf this weekend? I’ll be there Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Flower Brook is getting shut down at KTA. Anyone who has ridden back from Moose Haven knows this trail. It's the same owners that shut down the three Ts a few years ago.

https://www.kingdomtrails.org/kt-tra...ate-04-13-2023

That shuttle bus from MH to town will be extra busy. I hope they figure out a route that makes sense. The driver told us how convoluted the ride was last year (out to each pickup location and back to town instead of one big loop).
    This sucks. I really dig that Flower Brook trail and the ease of connection to Moose Haven. I have a hunch that the huge number if visitors that come to KT are becoming too much for the private landowners.

Also been doing some trail cleanup around here and trails aren't even close to being ready. Ice and mud are plentiful even with temps in the 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    This sucks. I really dig that Flower Brook trail and the ease of connection to Moose Haven. I have a hunch that the huge number if visitors that come to KT are becoming too much for the private landowners.

Also been doing some trail cleanup around here and trails aren't even close to being ready. Ice and mud are plentiful even with temps in the 70s.
    Best I can figure out it's the Burringtons that have restricted access. They were part of the property owners on Darling Hill that also shut down the trails on their land. Obviously it's their land and their choice, but to give access and have KTA put all that work go into building a new trail to only close off access a few years later doesn't put them in a good light.

The more unfortunate closure is the end of white school, essentially sealing farm junk, etc to its own island, imaging they will have a work around coming soon.

FB closing just ruins the loop ride, besaw and shonters are more fun to ride anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries. I rode last night and I’ll be heading to Gorham tomorrow after work so I figured I’d throw the offer out.

You at sugarloaf this weekend? I’ll be there Saturday
    I'm here until the last Marathon runner crosses the finish line.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Best I can figure out it's the Burringtons that have restricted access. They were part of the property owners on Darling Hill that also shut down the trails on their land. Obviously it's their land and their choice, but to give access and have KTA put all that work go into building a new trail to only close off access a few years later doesn't put them in a good light.
    that is Burrington land, I met her at NEMBAfest a few years ago. She hates mountain bikers, told me so herself while she was sitting in my chair in our booth during the evening band.

Let's just pretend it's '22 for the rest of time.

Rode the new trails we built last fall. This place gets so much traffic they're riding like they're two years old. Nutty.

Just starting to bloom.

Been so warm and dry my trails were getting dusty. Rain coming today should make for some great conditions tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom-tele View Post
    The more unfortunate closure is the end of white school, essentially sealing farm junk, etc to its own island, imaging they will have a work around coming soon.

FB closing just ruins the loop ride, besaw and shonters are more fun to ride anyway

Agree completely—FB was a ride once trail. Biggest downside is the extra both ways traffic it will add to shonter and besaw.

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I'm here until the last Marathon runner crosses the finish line.

that is Burrington land, I met her at NEMBAfest a few years ago. She hates mountain bikers, told me so herself while she was sitting in my chair in our booth during the evening band.

What I don't get is staying there. Sell out for good money now that KT is big and just fuck off somewhere else. It will be interesting if the town ever gets involved in right of ways given that I'm sure KT drives probably 50%+ of tax revenues.