Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Three new trails in Gorham; Ramble On, Purple Haze, and Knolly Roller (which was opened at the tail end of last year). Ramble on has one of the first elevated features in the area. Purple haze is a mini jump line with three well placed jumps and one small gap. Nothing wild but a nice addition to the network.

The Chromag has been seeing some love lately. It’s so fun

Attachment 416803
    Gorham Maine?
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Gorham Maine?
    Yes, sir.

WITAF?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1653254439.228530.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	417169

^^^ Looks like the teleboard of bikes to me… lots to absorb there.

Certainly outdoes my kook ride this evening... I do really enjoy the singlespeed though, and it keeps me honest with my screen name.

Name:	C5F97424-7C2E-4F32-9DFC-A7076DD9AF75.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	790.0 KB 
ID:	417180

Green Woodlands was a bit muddy yesterday. Would give a few before I go back.

Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    Green Woodlands was a bit muddy yesterday. Would give a few before I go back.
    Agreed, was surprised there were so many spots.

What were you riding? Was there Sunday as well.

Sorry to RMT that I bailed on trail work tonight, but it was just too lovely to swing a McLeod.

Name:	Image1653521572.945019.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	417383

Name:	Image1653864370.324952.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	417640

Name:	Image1653864390.424864.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	417641

Name:	Image1653864411.558142.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	417642

I love when the lady slippers come out along the trail. And I am choking on pollen.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

What say ye green mountain kooks about the Velomont Trail project? I follow the Lepesqueur Trail builders on faceplant and it looks like they're wrapping up a bermy situation in Rochester, VT.

That is a good question. I will have to investigate and get back to you. I’ve heard lots of good things about Rochester riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    What say ye green mountain kooks about the Velomont Trail project? I follow the Lepesqueur Trail builders on faceplant and it looks like they're wrapping up a bermy situation in Rochester, VT.
    It won't be ready in your lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    It won't be ready in your lifetime.
    That's just great, I think I'll go eat worms

Any NE mags been out to Jackson, WY to ride? We are planning a trip out there and could use some guidance. The fruita/ grand junction trip planning was super easy. This is proving to provide a bit more of a challenge

22 NE - Just get out and ride

I’m from VT and I live in Jackson now. when are you coming here and for how long?
    There’s tons of riding and should be good info but lmk what info you are looking for.
    Maybe post in the Jackson ski thread and/or we also have a Teton region bike thread - although the thread has not super active yet this year ( since we have just recently melted out) but should be good for summer trail updates
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=347519

Here’s a local bike group site to start out with

https://www.mountainbiketetons.org

here’s my ride from yesterday - more of an xc ride but we’ve got it all. DH shuttles, great xc and both Jackson Hole and Targhee have lift served riding. Be prepared to have a blast

Name:	IMG_5574.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	418146
    Last edited by babybear; 06-05-2022 at 09:01 AM.
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by MaineSkiAddict1 View Post
    Any NE mags been out to Jackson, WY to ride? We are planning a trip out there and could use some guidance. The fruita/ grand junction trip planning was super easy. This is proving to provide a bit more of a challenge
    I was there a lot last summer like several weeks. Riding was awesome i went almost every day. Look at trailforks. Listen to @babybear she is nice we met while I was there. Chugs maple syrup.
    I can't recall names now but great ride that went up behind snow King.
    Lots of rides of off Teton pass. Shuttle is nice but you can pedal it all.
    Really so much riding on the Idaho side.
    I rode the Pierre's hole 100 at grand targhee and those trails were also great.
    I was solo for a lot of it and brought bear spray. It's at the checkout at the Albertsons.
    I can give more specific rides if you want but there is a ton of great riding and it's not too technical just lots of vert and hope for good air quality from forest fires.
    Hiking and running also great.
    Jackson Town was a zoo.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Rode the Ranger on Sunday. Lack of riding motivation this spring and skiing at K till last weekend found me with only 142 miles total under the belt and a sore left knee. Was signed up to do the 42 mile ride with my friend Michael and we were wheels up at 7:10 headed to Tunbridge. In Braintree he yelled out that he forgot his shoes and got ahold of his wife to bring them and started at 9:25.
    I rolled out in the nice weather to grind away and see how it would go.
    Realized at mile 38 that I had missed a turn and was on the lower loop of the 62 mile ride, fucking 'el. Kept plugging along pacing myself. Almost cried after the right turn off 110 for the last 14 miles and 1500' of hills. Ran into Michael at the last aid station and had a laugh about my mistake and a couple bottles of electrolyte drink then started climbing again.
    So glad to see the finish line.

Name:	Screenshot_20220614-082418_Ride with GPS.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	418841

Name:	20220612_085508.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	418837

A nice pave section before the second aid station. passed back a dozen recent passers in the rocky mud.

Name:	20220612_112115.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	418838

Name:	20220612_112113.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	418839

The guy running the aid new what I needed, Silo is tasty.

Name:	20220612_113355.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	964.2 KB 
ID:	418840

We hung out after enjoying some brews and yapping with Alan Moats which is always fun. He is still cranking out the 42 at 74 with a smile on his face.

Good Times
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Well done, VT-F. Can I recommend RWGPS for future routes?

I'm heading to Thunder Mountain with some buddies this weekend and was hoping for a pedal Friday afternoon. Anything to know about the trails across the road from Thunder? Are there better non-lift served trails around?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    I'm heading to Thunder Mountain with some buddies this weekend and was hoping for a pedal Friday afternoon. Anything to know about the trails across the road from Thunder? Are there better non-lift served trails around?

Thanks!
    Disclaimer here, I’ve ridden the trails across from thunder probably 20 times over the last 2 years, but haven’t been up there this season, there are a lot of trails, but most haven’t been maintained, so I am describing the three that were ridable in 2020 and 2021.
    There are three good descents, all roughly 450 feet long. Trailforks seems to have them marked https://www.trailforks.com/trails/ma...&lon=-72.88595, as does OpenStreetMaps (https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/42.6420/-72.8820 with more of the other fireroads / old trails) as Thundervision, RedZone and Cotton candy. I think Sweet 16 may have been cleaned up late last year, but I never rode it. There are a number of trails down to Zoar outdoor but they were over grown in 2020 and 2021. You pass the trail over to these on the TV tower climb (turn off is well marked), so if that trail looks clear it may be worth exploring, but otherwise I would skip them.
    Park in the lot behind the Warfield house. MTB parking is at the far end of the lot away from the building. From there, you can go through a couple of gates and follow a track up into the woods. Follow this, trending left at one junction to a larger junction. (Bridge road / TV Tower / Unnamed Fireroad). From here there is a singletrack climb going off to the left. This is the TV Tower climb. I always follow this to the top of the hill (all other options involve losing a lot of altitude on a fire road). From the summit the descent trail (Summit / thundervision) is fairly obvious, If you follow this down it will take you to the base of the three main descents.
    From the Base (on the map it is where the trail crosses Rice Brook) You can either take a right to go back up to the TV Tower climb, or a left and follow lower switchback, far meadow road, and then middle loop fireroads to get to the top of Red Zone or Cotton Candy.

P.S. I'm loving your old surface, got about 12 rides on it so far, super fun bike!

Quote Originally Posted by nick_B10 View Post
    Disclaimer here, I’ve ridden the trails across from thunder probably 20 times over the last 2 years, but haven’t been up there this season, there are a lot of trails, but most haven’t been maintained, so I am describing the three that were ridable in 2020 and 2021.
    There are three good descents, all roughly 450 feet long. Trailforks seems to have them marked https://www.trailforks.com/trails/ma...&lon=-72.88595, as does OpenStreetMaps (https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/42.6420/-72.8820 with more of the other fireroads / old trails) as Thundervision, RedZone and Cotton candy. I think Sweet 16 may have been cleaned up late last year, but I never rode it. There are a number of trails down to Zoar outdoor but they were over grown in 2020 and 2021. You pass the trail over to these on the TV tower climb (turn off is well marked), so if that trail looks clear it may be worth exploring, but otherwise I would skip them.
    Park in the lot behind the Warfield house. MTB parking is at the far end of the lot away from the building. From there, you can go through a couple of gates and follow a track up into the woods. Follow this, trending left at one junction to a larger junction. (Bridge road / TV Tower / Unnamed Fireroad). From here there is a singletrack climb going off to the left. This is the TV Tower climb. I always follow this to the top of the hill (all other options involve losing a lot of altitude on a fire road). From the summit the descent trail (Summit / thundervision) is fairly obvious, If you follow this down it will take you to the base of the three main descents.
    From the Base (on the map it is where the trail crosses Rice Brook) You can either take a right to go back up to the TV Tower climb, or a left and follow lower switchback, far meadow road, and then middle loop fireroads to get to the top of Red Zone or Cotton Candy.

P.S. I'm loving your old surface, got about 12 rides on it so far, super fun bike!

Thanks a ton for this guidance. We rode this Saturday AM and had a blast. Cotton Candy and Thunder Vision were hilariously fun. Loved the combo of rowdy, off camber lines and flow. I’ll definitely be back.

Name:	Image1655690444.864640.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.20 MB 
ID:	419337

Name:	IMG_7041.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.99 MB 
ID:	419338

Name:	IMG_7039.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	419339

Also stoked you’re enjoying the Surface. That frame deserves to be ridden hard.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nice roller.

biggins, goniff, and I are riding the VTXL bikepacking route from July 2-8 so if anyone is on or near the route or wants to take a spin with us, just give a shout. We are starting at the north end and are riding southbound to Mass.

Nice afternoon at Highland. 1/2 price on weekdays with a Ragged season pass. Not bad.

Name:	20220623_131313_2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	419693

Anyone riding at Killington today? If so I'll be there with one of my degenerate friends. Yt decoy stormtrooper and black leatt moto helmet with blue leatt goggles. Likely in a moto kit.

I'll be riding old guy slow. All for change

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB