Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Is anyone out near Saranac Lake? I'm looking at buying some gravel panniers but need help securing and muling them to Vermont.

Oh hello...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	274718224_4930121820416691_889557421132746129_n.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	274.4 KB 
ID:	411361

Retirement savings are overrated.

Nice Big man!

Had one of the early versions of that bike and really liked it. Reasonably light, fast and versatile. Keep the rubber side down!

Ohh that's fancy, biggins!

I hope you're signed up for some gravel grinders so you can put that to use.

Muddy Onion coming up on 4/23 and the WATA grinder on 5/15!!

That Trad Grind on 5/15 sounds like fun. Is it a timed event or just a fun pace ride?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    That Trad Grind on 5/15 sounds like fun. Is it a timed event or just a fun pace ride?
    It's fun pace ride, no timing or anything. There's beer and shots at most of the rest stops so that gives you an idea of the level of seriousness. I've done the 50 miler the past 4 years and it's a blast......great route, climbing is about 5k of vert and the after party has great food and beer.

WATA does an exceptional job maintaining and keeping Perry Hill fresh and the annual gravel grinder funds a good chunk of that great trail work.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    It's fun pace ride, no timing or anything. There's beer and shots at most of the rest stops so that gives you an idea of the level of seriousness. I've done the 50 miler the past 4 years and it's a blast......great route, climbing is about 5k of vert and the after party has great food and beer.

WATA does an exceptional job maintaining and keeping Perry Hill fresh and the annual gravel grinder funds a good chunk of that great trail work.
    Shots! Gravel guys are crazy!

I'm not one that would usually pay to roll, but a fundraiser to update all those trail signs at PH sounds like a good cause.

I'm not one that would usually pay to roll, but a fundraiser to update all those trail signs at PH sounds like a good cause.
    They do more than update politically insensitivity trail signs. hahahaha

Wait….what?? Rastaman is insensitive??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Thanks boys, I may be poor now, but I sure am stoked

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Thanks boys, I may be poor now, but I sure am stoked
    Don't forget to put some helicopter tape over that carbon before you strap on the bags.

Don't forget to put some helicopter tape over that carbon before you strap on the bags.
    Will do cap'n!

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Wait….what?? Rastaman is insensitive??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh yeah, Rastaman is out. New trail name is Small Axe. WATA posted a thing about it on social media recently.

I still appreciate the Bob Marley reference.

Oh yeah, Rastaman is out. New trail name is Small Axe. WATA posted a thing about it on social media recently.

I still appreciate the Bob Marley reference.
    Why? Religious, but not really religious.

22 NE - Just get out and ride

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Why? Religious, but not really religious.
    I'll quote WATA's IG post as to why, "We want everyone to feel welcome on the trails and using a religious name to identify a trail name is not welcoming at all."

I don’t give a damn what they call it, still one of the best trails around here.
    Last edited by HankScorpio; 03-31-2022 at 02:45 PM.

I'll quote WATA's IG post as to why, "We want everyone to feel welcome on the trails and using a religious name to identify a trail name is not welcoming at all."

I'd give a damn what they call it, still one of the best trails around here.
    Interesting. The Trailforks admin has changed part of the trial, but not all of it to Small Axe

First mountain ride of the year - definitely still swampy out there, but in better shape than I thought.

Hit Lowell today. Still some mud. Going to be a tough week weather wise.

A lot of new lines being added to fort rock. Using reclaimed PT wood from a deck and they're building ramps and little bridges on boulders that have been unrideable. Pretty fun, but also creating little braids around original lines which is ok, but weird. I guess I have mixed feeling on that. Conditions are good. The wet spots are wet and will be until everything wakes up and starts drinking.

Saxon Hill was great today. Very little mud, the only closed trail was upper flo. Might be a while before the trails will be rideable again after this rain unfortunately

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    A lot of new lines being added to fort rock. Using reclaimed PT wood from a deck and they're building ramps and little bridges on boulders that have been unrideable. Pretty fun, but also creating little braids around original lines which is ok, but weird. I guess I have mixed feeling on that. Conditions are good. The wet spots are wet and will be until everything wakes up and starts drinking.
    I mean, fort rock has always been a navigational clusterfuck, and with so much land being taken for development, gotta go dense I guess. I'll have to check it out sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by schuss View Post
    I mean, fort rock has always been a navigational clusterfuck, and with so much land being taken for development, gotta go dense I guess. I'll have to check it out sometime soon.
    Yeah, the new stuff on the FR side is really really good tech. We may be losing part of a trail to more new development which would suck. The Newfields side is a different animal. Much easier riding. At least one more new trail is going in this year on that side which will never be touched. Well, never say never, right. The current land owner has sanctioned it anyway.

My friend is working hard to bring back the Beech stuff. That place was just decimated by logging.

Suggestions for an off-road bikepack shakedown route in northern New England? Mountain biking. In advance of a Colorado Trail trip. So I would like to camp.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Suggestions for an off-road bikepack shakedown route in northern New England? Mountain biking. In advance of a Colorado Trail trip. So I would like to camp.
    https://bikepacking.com/routes/vtxl/

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app