MY FRIEND'S KID IS AN OLYMPIAN!!!

Name:  hannah soar.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  92.6 KB
    Hannah Soar out of Killington VT. I skied with her mom and dad a ton through the 90's, but moved on when Hannah was probably 3. TJ and Sue were perennial fixtures in Killington's bump culture, and Hannah's making it to Beijing has to be the realization of a life-long dream. She wouldn't know me from a hole in the wall, but feeling some real vicarious pride, and can't wait to cheer on her runs!

At least a few of my Killington buds used to ski the Pro Mogul Tour with Scott Kauf, whose daughter Jaelin is also competing at Beijing. This is the closest I've ever been to knowing an Olympian besides someone who ran a torch leg for the Salt Lake Winter Games, so seems like kind of a big deal. Congrats to the Soar family, and go Team USA!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

That's nice.
    When our first son was small we left him every day for a week with a baby sitter at Alpine Meadows. Her daughter became an Olynpian--Alpine events. She DNF'd all her events. Hope your friend's daughter does better.

^competition is hard. I don’t know how many times I stood in a starting gate asking why I did this shit to myself? So much easier just claiming to be the best skier on the mountain…

She was ranked 3rd in the world for 2021, but it’s a ridiculously competitive field with some amazing talent to contend with, including her own teammates.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

love watching that kid just fucking crush them bumps every spring on superstar, pony tail flying, obviously having a blast.

good luck to hannah!

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    ^competition is hard. I don’t know how many times I stood in a starting gate asking why I did this shit to myself? So much easier just claiming to be the best skier on the mountain…

I've never stood in a starting gate but I've had exactly the same thought standing at the top of an average bump run (the first thought, not the "I'm the best skier on the mountain" thought).

Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Name:  hannah soar.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  92.6 KB
    Hannah Soar out of Killington VT. I skied with her mom and dad a ton through the 90's, but moved on when Hannah was probably 3. TJ and Sue were perennial fixtures in Killington's bump culture, and Hannah's making it to Beijing has to be the realization of a life-long dream. She wouldn't know me from a hole in the wall, but feeling some real vicarious pride, and can't wait to cheer on her runs!

At least a few of my Killington buds used to ski the Pro Mogul Tour with Scott Kauf, whose daughter Jaelin is also competing at Beijing. This is the closest I've ever been to knowing an Olympian besides someone who ran a torch leg for the Salt Lake Winter Games, so seems like kind of a big deal. Congrats to the Soar family, and go Team USA!!!
    I watched her first run at Deer Valley on tv with my kids today. She skied great and the US Women's team is stacked right now.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    love watching that kid just fucking crush them bumps every spring on superstar, pony tail flying, obviously having a blast.

good luck to hannah!
    This. Great bumper.

I’ve got a few friends who’s kids are heading to Beijing.

Ben Ogden of Landgrove, VT. He’s a nordic sprinter. I known him since he was a toddler and even taught him how to tele.

Name:  Image1642907537.728686.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  101.9 KB

Hallie Grossman is a biathlete that went to HS with my older daughter and her parents live a town over.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642907657.365205.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	111.0 KB 
ID:	402420

Best of luck to all of Team USA and what is sure to be one of the strangest Olympics in memory.

love those pictures!

Worked the local ski club with Scott Kauf a few years back and enjoy drinking beers at his bar when open. Good dude.

Speaking of ripping bump skiers - just drove past the sign dedicated to Donna Weinbrecht in West Milford NJ, though she was also a killington skier, hailed originally from the jersey alps.
    Won the first women’s gold in 92!

3 of the US women are in the finals, Kauf 3rd, Giaccio 4th, Soar 7th!
    Final Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR ForumsName:  IMG_9804.JPG
Views: 333
Size:  68.1 KB

Soar just missed the final, Kauf takes silver. Great showing by the US squad!