Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RIP- Meat Loaf- Bat out of Hell and other hits....

Lead singer of Meat Loaf - Michael Lee Aday has passed away at the age of 74. First hit album of course was Bat out of Hell 45 years ago. Being in the Rocky Horror Picture Show also of course is part of his works.

His name is Robert Paulson.

RIP.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You took the words right outta my mouth.....RIP

I'm taking the under on the number of posts it takes for this thread to become a discussion about Covid.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

"OK, here we go, we got a real pressure cooker going here. Two down, nobody on, no score, bottom of the ninth. There's the windup, and there it is. A line shot up the middle, look at him go. This boy can really fly. He's rounding first and really turning it on now. He's not letting up at all, he's gonna try for second. The ball is bobbled out in the center. And here's the throw and what a throw. He's gonna slide in head first. Here he comes, he's out. No, wait, safe, safe at second base. This kid really makes things happen out there. Batter steps up to the plate. Here's the pitch, he's going. And what a jump he's got. He's trying for third. Here's the throw. It's in the dirt, safe a third. Holy cow, stolen base. He's taking a pretty big lead out there. Almost daring them to pick him off. The pitcher glances over, winds up and it's bunted. Bunted down the third-base line. The suicide squeeze is on. Here he comes, squeeze play, it's gonna be close. Here's the throw, here's the play at the plate. Holy cow, I think he's gonna make it!"

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Lead singer of Meat Loaf - Michael Lee Aday has passed away at the age of 74. First hit album of course was Bat out of Hell 45 years ago. Being in the Rocky Horror Picture Show also of course is part of his works.
    He was Meat Loaf. He was a singer. He could over sing like nobodies business. RIP.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm taking the under on the number of posts it takes for this thread to become a discussion about Covid.
    how and why did he die?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    how and why did he die?
    Stop right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    "OK, here we go, we got a real pressure cooker going here. Two down, nobody on, no score, bottom of the ninth. There's the windup, and there it is. A line shot up the middle, look at him go. This boy can really fly. He's rounding first and really turning it on now. He's not letting up at all, he's gonna try for second. The ball is bobbled out in the center. And here's the throw and what a throw. He's gonna slide in head first. Here he comes, he's out. No, wait, safe, safe at second base. This kid really makes things happen out there. Batter steps up to the plate. Here's the pitch, he's going. And what a jump he's got. He's trying for third. Here's the throw. It's in the dirt, safe a third. Holy cow, stolen base. He's taking a pretty big lead out there. Almost daring them to pick him off. The pitcher glances over, winds up and it's bunted. Bunted down the third-base line. The suicide squeeze is on. Here he comes, squeeze play, it's gonna be close. Here's the throw, here's the play at the plate. Holy cow, I think he's gonna make it!"
    Rizzuto always said he had no idea what that would turn into.

Group therapy was this legendary dive bar in my then college town. Tiny place with 16 boze 901s strung up to a brazillion watt stereo and after about 11 PM all you could do is sing along with whatever was playing. I remember askin the bouncer once what they were fire rated for "175" "how many do you think are in here?" "over 400." They'd always play paradise at about 3:00 AM which EVERYBODY sang at the top of thier lungs, meant the lights were coming on next and you had to stumble back to the dorms. yeah those were good times.

Wait what were we talkin about?
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Metal View Post
    Stop right there!
    I gotta know right now!

"and now i'm prayin for the end of time..."
    "Can't you see..."

and now I'm praying for the end of time to hurry up and arrive

“Don’t let your meat loaf”. FZ

RIP.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    He could over sing like nobodies business. RIP.
    No joke. Sad I never had the chance to see him perform live. The guy put so much effort into everything. He owned everything he did. It was never a question like "Is that Meat Loaf?" It was a statement "That's Meat Loaf."

And now there's an oversupply of backup singers that would overpower 97% of todays lead singers.

edit for relevance: dude could sing and did the work
    Last edited by Not DJSapp; 01-21-2022 at 09:58 AM.
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

So kids, there used to be this thing called tv, and on it were channels and if you lived in the right spots you got cable tv, and the channel everyone wanted was mtv because it played music videos all the time, and thirty years ago meatloaf had a hit video where the fat dude sang.

edit: holy shit, Michael bay directed that video?

Sorry. Double post from the thread in the movies and music section:

Freaking legend. What a voice. Going to be missed. RIP Meat Loaf.

“That’s a rather tender subject. Another slice, anyone?”

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    “Don’t let your meat loaf”. FZ

RIP.
    And don’t let your hot dog stand
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Bummer. "Paradise" Wife and I loved that song. We'd planned on lip syncing it at our 50th anniversary party. Then Coved came so it was a party of two. If you read "I want to end my life with you" with a positive slant, the song was humorously autobiographical.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    He would do anything for life, but he wouldn't do that.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Dang. RIP.

Who pulls a squeeze with two outs? Phil knew better.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Rizzuto always said he had no idea what that would turn into.
    Heard Phil talk about Meat Loaf and doing the song on Mike and the Mad Dog back in the day.

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

This kid really makes things happen out there!