Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Sinner View Post
    "OK, here we go, we got a real pressure cooker going here. Two down, nobody on, no score, bottom of the ninth. There's the windup, and there it is. A line shot up the middle, look at him go. This boy can really fly. He's rounding first and really turning it on now. He's not letting up at all, he's gonna try for second. The ball is bobbled out in the center. And here's the throw and what a throw. He's gonna slide in head first. Here he comes, he's out. No, wait, safe, safe at second base. This kid really makes things happen out there. Batter steps up to the plate. Here's the pitch, he's going. And what a jump he's got. He's trying for third. Here's the throw. It's in the dirt, safe a third. Holy cow, stolen base. He's taking a pretty big lead out there. Almost daring them to pick him off. The pitcher glances over, winds up and it's bunted. Bunted down the third-base line. The suicide squeeze is on. Here he comes, squeeze play, it's gonna be close. Here's the throw, here's the play at the plate. Holy cow, I think he's gonna make it!"
    Well, he was waiting for the end of time...

Well, one of the things I look most fondly on is unrelated actually to the record. It was Meat Loaf proposing to his wife. We were up in Bearsville, there was a secretary at Bearsville Records, Leslie, and Meat Loaf kind of fell for her. She was a pretty girl, and he fell for her, and I remember when he kind of like did his first big move on her. We were in the Bear Cafe and he had a package that he had brought up from New York and presented it to her, and it was a giant whole salmon. And it was as if a bear had proposed to his mate. Instead of a ring, a salmon.

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock...steen-8006795/

Quote Originally Posted by fomofo View Post

Well, one of the things I look most fondly on is unrelated actually to the record. It was Meat Loaf proposing to his wife. We were up in Bearsville, there was a secretary at Bearsville Records, Leslie, and Meat Loaf kind of fell for her. She was a pretty girl, and he fell for her, and I remember when he kind of like did his first big move on her. We were in the Bear Cafe and he had a package that he had brought up from New York and presented it to her, and it was a giant whole salmon. And it was as if a bear had proposed to his mate. Instead of a ring, a salmon.

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock...steen-8006795/

And it worked. Maybe AKPM was on to something

You've disobeyed my orders, son
    Why were you ever born?
    Your brother's ten times better than you
    Jesus loves him more

This music that you play for us comes from the depths of Hell
    Rock and roll's The Devil's work, he wants you to rebel
    You become a mindless puppet
    Beelzebub will pull the strings
    Your heart will lose direction
    And chaos it will bring

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    No joke. Sad I never had the chance to see him perform live. The guy put so much effort into everything. He owned everything he did. It was never a question like "Is that Meat Loaf?" It was a statement "That's Meat Loaf."

And now there's an oversupply of backup singers that would overpower 97% of todays lead singers.

edit for relevance: dude could sing and did the work
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Came here to make sure those were posted. Looked for the dinner table scene but couldn't find it. "Meatloaf again???" Dude was definitely epic in his prime..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I'm taking the under on the number of posts it takes for this thread to become a discussion about Covid.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3982.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	319.6 KB 
ID:	402258

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

From the TV show I was watching, said he went in for a rehearsal, and when he hit his high note, it broke the equipment.
    Like an opera singer type, so dude had talent for sure
    The guy there said he had never seen it before, or since.
    I grew up listening to him..The radio stations were playing him today, and I nodded along..

Rough day for the big guys. Louie Anderson also died today. Funny guy. RIP

31yrs d in that Carson appearance. Looked under 25 to me

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Huh. Yeah, definitely thought 25 at most.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    You've disobeyed my orders, son
    Why were you ever born?
    Your brother's ten times better than you
    Jesus loves him more

This music that you play for us comes from the depths of Hell
    Rock and roll's The Devil's work, he wants you to rebel
    You become a mindless puppet
    Beelzebub will pull the strings
    Your heart will lose direction
    And chaos it will bring
    Yes
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Not to be a dick but I swore Louie Anderson had already passed. RIP then.

I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    So kids, there used to be this thing called tv, and on it were channels and if you lived in the right spots you got cable tv, and the channel everyone wanted was mtv because it played music videos all the time, and thirty years ago meatloaf had a hit video where the fat dude sang.

edit: holy shit, Michael bay directed that video?
    Even before MTV- I worked in a Record department of a retailer back in the 70's. This was the early time of Beta vs VHS with the TV and Stereo department right next to the records and albums. Cassettes were out there along with 8 Track also at that time as 45's and LP's alternatives.

I think it was maybe Sony Music that put out a Music Video Tape of number of songs as a promotional copy for playing - but would have to have a working BetaMax VCR. Can't remember if it was Betamax or VHS though. Meat Loaf with Bat Out of Hell in it's rise up the chart had at least a few music videos on the tape. Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) had some Live concert stage footage also with Mister Blue Sky and some of their other songs on Out of the Blue Album, and a 3rd artist (Walter Egan pretty much a one hit wonder) had a music video Magnet and Steel with a convertible car as part of it on the same tape. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_and_Steel

Always wished I had made a copy of that music video promotion tape, but thanks to the internet here are some of the early music video efforts before the start of MTV in 1981:
    Bat Out of Hell: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QGM...Je5esH1WVXVvQX
    Paradise at the Dash Board Lights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C11M...VXVvQX&index=4

It was more than just concert footage- with the videos of riding the motorcycle through the cemetery and a cut to a baseball footage in the middle of it!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QGM...Je5esH1WVXVvQX
    You took the Words Right Out of My Mouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wO8...VXVvQX&index=2

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8933114/ 1979 according to this write up so pre MTV launch.

Such a rabbit hole and bringing back memories of the first official job (other than paperboy, cutting lawns, etc.)

^^^^Bandstand, Soul Train, Top of the Pops, etc.. MTV didn't even have commercials for the first few weeks IIRC..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A85BE001-79A3-4D59-B8DC-CB783D686277.jpeg 
Views:	78 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	402392

But what is "that"?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    But what is "that"?!?!?
    I've always wondered that myself. And if memory serves me well, years and years and years ago I saw an interview where he stated he would never reveal what 'that' was.

He did spell it out in at least one interview. If you look at the lyrics of the song, in each stanza (if that is the right word) he says something different that he would never do: “I’d never lie to you”, and so on. The “that” is that thing that he just said he wouldn’t do. He thought it should be obvious, but apparently not the case.

But what is "that"?!?!?
    I thought it had something to do with salad.

I still remember when Bat Out of Hell came out my grandma said something like "that Hamburg sure is a good singer!"

But what is "that"?!?!?
    PROBABLY ANAL WITH A 12" DONG...YOU KNOW, ANOTHER DAY FOR YOU.
    Hey d-bag - here's something for you to think about: maybe (just maybe) not everybody here has their little panties in a wad 24/7 and flies into a rage whenever somebody disagrees with them. Maybe these same mags don't take this place uber-seriously. Maybe this even includes the vast majority of the people who post here as opposed to you and like 20 other thin-skinned douchebags. Just something to think about. -JER

For those confused about what "That" is, maybe just revisit the song and pay attention to the duet stuff. Haha. All time classic video for sure:

Another good jam to blast and belt out when you're home alone or drunk on karaoke night:

Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    PROBABLY ANAL WITH A 12" DONG...YOU KNOW, ANOTHER DAY FOR YOU.
    This ^^ is theory that no one was going to bring up but everybody was waiting for the jongslaughter TO bring up and I believe the urban myth was that she wanted to peg the Meat with a large strap-on
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

.Name:  tapatalk_1735815711_472x632.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  32.9 KB
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy