Benjamin Alexander working the system.

Anyone else following this. Benjamin Alexander rise to fame by working the system. Basically someone paid to have guys give away their points so that he could qualify for the olympics. So his making the Olympic through rigged races takes the spot of someone who has been working their entire life to achieve that goal.

The US men’s team can only bring 6 athletes. And this guy is essentially taking someone’s spot.

https://skiracing.com/how-to-bend-th...-3-easy-steps/

No one really gives a shit about that Olympic racket.

Boo hoo.

https://www.vaildaily.com/news/tess-...-u-s-ski-team/
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Didn’t Elizabeth Swaney do the same thing but “skied” for Hungary?

So Benjamin can go off and ski a WROD on a snowless brown mountain in China in between Bob Costas athlete human interest profiles while the real skiers rest up for real ski racing on real ski mountains on the WC.

The Olympics suck.

^^^ Pretty much this
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

From what I read it sounds like "real" athletes don't get to take up spots beyond their allotment. I would like to see them have spots for all and if the country does send fill their spots the spots stay empty.

Is this new? Seems like it happens every Olympics. That is, some skier that holds a African/Caribbean/Island country passport makes the Olympics. Like the snow leopard guy from Ghana (?), and he was highly celebrated. It's not like they are taking the spot of an athlete that will be competing for a medal....

File under first world rich people problems.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Is this new? Seems like it happens every Olympics. That is, some skier that holds a African/Caribbean/Island country passport makes the Olympics. Like the snow leopard guy from Ghana (?), and he was highly celebrated. It's not like they are taking the spot of an athlete that will be competing for a medal....

File under first world rich people problems.

You are incorrect. This is a new issue because of the modified selection process and these "athletes" take up potential spots for true athlete's. Seeing that US Athletes are big event performers (See Tommy Moe, Debbie Armstrong, Julia Mancuso 25% of all Mancuso's starts resulted in either an Olympic or World Champ metal) anyone of them could medal.

The US can only bring 6 men on the alpine side. You have 4 speed athletes that could medal. RCS, Travis G, Bryce, Steve Nyamn (who has not done anything this season but got 19th this AM at Ktiz).

In addition they staged these races and did not allow any outside participation to gain access to the low points race.

I wonder who the world cup skiers are who took a dive at those three races... wonder how much they got paid for that.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Would the US allotment for the Olympics be any different? Like if a Ghanaian skier doesn't get a spot will it go to a USA/European athlete?

Do the top 160(?) skiers in FIS standings go to the Olympics regardless of country or does every country get a specific allotment of athlete's (those that can meet the minimum FIS points required) regardless of how many top ranked athletes they have competing under that flag?

Just curious

Sounds like another reason in a list of many that FIS is a corrupt organization...

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Would the US allotment for the Olympics be any different? Like if a Ghanaian skier doesn't get a spot will it go to a USA/European athlete?

Do the top 160(?) skiers in FIS standings go to the Olympics regardless of country or does every country get a specific allotment of athlete's (those that can meet the minimum FIS points required) regardless of how many top ranked athletes they have competing under that flag?

Just curious

Sounds like another reason in a list of many that FIS is a corrupt organization...

In the past it did not matter if the Ghana skier went or not. There is a new, completely mind bending selection process.

And to answer your question, if these 3rd rate skiers didn't go it would open up a spot for either a US, or another countries skier.

Here is an article about the qualification process. Not the easiest read.

https://skiracing.com/let-the-qualif...-hYACfXZ7CzAUs

And this thread on FB is pretty interesting. Breezy's mom and Steve Porino don't have a full grasp of how it will work.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5869...tion%20process

Nobody cares you skied in the Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums