Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

For those who got into the crowdfunding opportunity at Red Mtn BC back in August 2016

How did that work out for you which was pitched as an ownership opportunity at Red Mountain? Details please. They are back, now with real estate for sale at the base as deeded units.

Thanks in advance............
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

Quote Originally Posted by Upper View Post
    How did that work out for you which was pitched as an ownership opportunity at Red Mountain? Details please. They are back, now with real estate for sale at the base as deeded units.

Thanks in advance............
    The “fight the man” offering was a surprisingly effective marketing stunt, but an objectively poor (unsellable) investment. This latest “Crescent at Red” project seems a fairly straightforward real estate offering of moderately priced, small, high-rise apartments, for which they’re currently trying to secure pre-sales.

By randomness, found this related post tonight ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Red Mtn CF update.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	175.7 KB 
ID:	402134
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

Not seeing much on the webs about this new launch. Anyone have more information?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’m interested too…

Can I buy a condo and get citizenship to Canuckistan?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Can I buy a condo and get citizenship to Canuckistan?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Give me the money, I will buy it for you, and then we can get married.

condo bondage rides again

Good timing for developers. These will be snapped up by remote workers leaving Van in no time. Shit im in Whistler and might even take a look. Things are getting out of control expensive here.

Who is the market that drives skiing at Red? Too far from Van, Calgary and Seattle. Spokane? Local Kootenay towns? Just doesn't seem that there's enough population to drive much growth potential. Seems much of the appeal is that it isn't crowded which makes it a weird real estate play.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Good timing for developers. These will be snapped up by remote workers leaving Van in no time. Shit im in Whistler and might even take a look. Things are getting out of control expensive here.
    That's funny- was out of control expensive when I lived there 20 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Give me the money, I will buy it for you, and then we can get married.
    Funny, but I see a US/Canadian financed LLC as the future of real estate development in places like Red. Americans can't stay in Canada any more than six months in a year, but that's not much of a problem because six months is plenty of time up there. The bigger issue is that places like Rossland are trying to scare away wealthy people in Seattle from buying up all the property by making it illegal for Americans to short term rental their place out (ok for wealthy Vancouverites buying all the property, not ok if wealthy Seattlites do it, even though Seattle is closer to Red). But if me and Paulster go in together on this we get around this problem.

Isn't the new Josie Hotel at the base of Red financed and owned by a Texan?

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Who is the market that drives skiing at Red? Too far from Van, Calgary and Seattle. Spokane? Local Kootenay towns? Just doesn't seem that there's enough population to drive much growth potential. Seems much of the appeal is that it isn't crowded which makes it a weird real estate play.
    Work from home. Lower Mainland or Calgary wanting 2 to 4 weeks in mountains

Spokane — 2.5 hours from here I know tons who ski red regularly. Hence why I’m interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Spokane — 2.5 hours from here I know tons who ski red regularly. Hence why I’m interested.

Yeah, I figured Spokane was the main population center that would be interested. I'm in Seattle, but am thinking of it as a place for a couple weeks a year and STR the rest. Wife's Canadian, so no issues on the ownership.

Yeah, I figured Spokane was the main population center that would be interested. I'm in Seattle, but am thinking of it as a place for a couple weeks a year and STR the rest. Wife's Canadian, so no issues on the ownership.
    Do it! I am sure you can get under-the-table renters from trusted mags. (Me)

Yes, it’s a nice quiet place to live and ski, but painful to get here. You really need to love skiing steeps, trees, and challenging snow to make it worthwhile. The resort keeps trying to find a real-estate formula that works, and perhaps this one will, if they can squeak it in before Zincton becomes the cool place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    Yes, it’s a nice quiet place to live and ski, but painful to get here. You really need to love skiing steeps, trees, and challenging snow to make it worthwhile. The resort keeps trying to find a real-estate formula that works, and perhaps this one will, if they can squeak it in before Zincton becomes the cool place to be.
    I've got buddies that ski there regularly and love it. Plus I usually ski Alpental, so everything you described sounds good to me. Rossland seems to have been trying to take off for years. Like you said, kind of a pain and closer options from all major population centers. Wife gave me the OK to look into it. Wish they had 2BD floor plans as a 1BD sleeping 6 sounds a bit cramped.

I thought Zincton was getting crapped on by the locals now.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    The bigger issue is that places like Rossland are trying to scare away wealthy people in Seattle from buying up all the property by making it illegal for Americans to short term rental their place out (ok for wealthy Vancouverites buying all the property, not ok if wealthy Seattlites do it, even though Seattle is closer to Red). But if me and Paulster go in together on this we get around this problem.
    Not all that surprising. Canadians, by and large, aren’t exactly embracing the concept of foreign home ownership right now. Feds are even floating the idea of a temporary foreign buyer ban.

I believe someone asked about the website. Here it is https://thecrescentatred.com/

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Funny, but I see a US/Canadian financed LLC as the future of real estate development in places like Red. Americans can't stay in Canada any more than six months in a year, but that's not much of a problem because six months is plenty of time up there. The bigger issue is that places like Rossland are trying to scare away wealthy people in Seattle from buying up all the property by making it illegal for Americans to short term rental their place out (ok for wealthy Vancouverites buying all the property, not ok if wealthy Seattlites do it, even though Seattle is closer to Red). But if me and Paulster go in together on this we get around this problem.

Isn't the new Josie Hotel at the base of Red financed and owned by a Texan?
    Short term rental regulations in Rossland are currently under review (I’m a City Councillor), and will likely become more restrictive for certain classes of accommodation and in certain places. The distinction being considered is full-time residents vs everyone else, not nationality. We are simply utilizing the limited policy levers available to municipal government to address a mounting affordability crisis. Wealthy prospective second homeowners will probably be fine.
    Regardless, I’d expect that each and every owner in this sort of development will be able to put their property into a structured rental pool, though I don’t know the specifics of this one (I suggest reading the fine print).

The Josie Hotel is owned by Noble House Resorts. They have an address in Kirkland, but I hear the money is from Texas.

I've got buddies that ski there regularly and love it. Plus I usually ski Alpental, so everything you described sounds good to me. Rossland seems to have been trying to take off for years. Like you said, kind of a pain and closer options from all major population centers. Wife gave me the OK to look into it. Wish they had 2BD floor plans as a 1BD sleeping 6 sounds a bit cramped.

I thought Zincton was getting crapped on by the locals now.
    People that like Red, like it allot, but it’s not for everyone. If you’re one of those who do, by all means come and join us, just don’t count on the place booming.
    Locals around here are crusty and resistant to change, but I’m guessing Zincton will still go ahead. There’s allot of influential players and money currently positioning to cash in, and perhaps they know something?

I’ve been to red few times but need to hit it on pow day with a local….

Quote Originally Posted by tmokes View Post
    I’ve been to red few times but need to hit it on pow day with a local….

One of the few places I’ve been cliffed out… badly, inbounds.

But it was a super fun story in one of the best ski hill pubs I’ve ever been in. I’ve probably got 50 days at red and still manage to find some new shit every time. The place is massive and awesome.