Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
Short term rental regulations in Rossland are currently under review (I’m a City Councillor), and will likely become more restrictive for certain classes of accommodation and in certain places. The distinction being considered is full-time residents vs everyone else, not nationality. We are simply utilizing the limited policy levers available to municipal government to address a mounting affordability crisis. Wealthy prospective second homeowners will probably be fine.
Regardless, I’d expect that each and every owner in this sort of development will be able to put their property into a structured rental pool, though I don’t know the specifics of this one (I suggest reading the fine print).

The Josie Hotel is owned by Noble House Resorts. They have an address in Kirkland, but I hear the money is from Texas.
Municipalities everywhere try to manage growth by constraining growth. It's doesn't work. I'm a free market, supply and demand kind of guy. If people are moving to your town or visiting your town then you're stuck with making it easy to build more housing to accommodate those people. Or you let the prices go up. Municipalities can't control the demand so they need to grow the supply to meet the demand.

Towns and cities are living things that are always growing or dying. There's no steady state. The town you moved to because you loved the vibe is going to be gone in twenty years. It might be better or worse but it will be different.