Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Tecnica ZeroG Peak - another light boot for 2022 - 3

IMO this deserves its own thread. Here's the site https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/global/en/zero-g-peak

Note the non-carbon version is lighter than the carbon version. Will post weights and pics of versions when I get the chance

Are you going to be able to demo them?

Tecnica ZeroG Peak - another light boot for 2022 - 3

Seeing the campaign verbiage / slogan made me immediately think of this:

https://youtu.be/gAYL5H46QnQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk https://youtu.be/gAYL5H46QnQ

With that color scheme and look it really reminds me of the 1st gen Backland.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Are you going to be able to demo them?
    I think so as I'm a standard foot size

Both the Zero G Tour Pros and this boot have 99 last and "MV touring" volume. I hope the fit will be similar if not the same. I also notice they have added the nice mach 1 power strap nonslip cam buckle rather than the zero g strap pseudo-cam which I ended up swapping for the new style anyways (it is annoyingly hard to loosen though).

75 degrees ROM would be a nice upgrade for me.

Anybody understand the transition from tour to ski? Can't get a good look at it from the photos. Bottom buckles stay in "ski ready" position even while touring and then you just throw the top clasp when you want to ski?

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    IMO this deserves its own thread. Here's the site https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/global/en/zero-g-peak

Note the non-carbon version is lighter than the carbon version. Will post weights and pics of versions when I get the chance
    Weight difference is likely due to the carbon having the cam power strap buckle vs just a Velcro strap.

The biggest difference in these boots is the fact that there is some overlap over the top of the foot. It really helps to reduce the amount of deformation an open throat shell experiences when putting the ski on edge. This combined with the double blocking mechanism makes the boots much more efficient and gives them the ability to power bigger skis.

Weight difference is due to the fact that the carbon for reinforcing the cuff is slightly heavier.

There are very few pairs in NA right now and they’re the last round of protos. More boots for testing/samples won’t be here until end of February.

Well consider me excited if this fits like the ZGTP.

Wasatch back - have you actually had the boots on? Obviously you might be biased but, if you’ve had them on, do you think they are significantly stiffer than current boots in this class like the F1 LT etc?

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    The biggest difference in these boots is the fact that there is some overlap over the top of the foot. It really helps to reduce the amount of deformation an open throat shell experiences when putting the ski on edge. This combined with the double blocking mechanism makes the boots much more efficient and gives them the ability to power bigger skis.

Weight difference is due to the fact that the carbon for reinforcing the cuff is slightly heavier.

There are very few pairs in NA right now and they’re the last round of protos. More boots for testing/samples won’t be here until end of February.
    What is the fit like?

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    Wasatch back - have you actually had the boots on? Obviously you might be biased but, if you’ve had them on, do you think they are significantly stiffer than current boots in this class like the F1 LT etc?
    I have not had them on my feet. I’ve got aircraft carriers for feet. 13s that I squeeze into a 28.5. I won’t be wearing any until next December. There are maybe 6 pairs of 26.5s in NA and we will only have 26.5s until mid March.

I’m just going off the feedback I’ve gotten from the people I’ve given them to test out. None of them are sponsored they’re just folks that either know the category or know boots really well. This is the last round of protos so their feedback was critical to make a few changes before next round of production.

There are maybe 6 pairs of 26.5s in NA and we will only have 26.5s until mid March.
    BSL on the 26.5? AKA “Am I gonna have to remount my touring skis?”

And I’d be happy to test one of those pairs - 26.5 is perfect🤣

Lame! Just another boot that stops at 30.5 sizing. Where are the 31/31.5???

Looks cool. Seems like lots of options next year for lightweight boots: Scarpa F1 XT, Dynafit TLT X, new Backland, these. My TLT6s will likely need replacement next year. Lots of good options to try next fall.

Not a big fan of the forefoot buckle placement on these, at least on first glance. Looks like it would be easy to snag and possibly bend or break when scrambling around or booting in punchy snow around rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by whatsupdoc View Post
    Seems like lots of options next year for lightweight boots: Scarpa F1 XT, Dynafit TLT X, new Backland, these. My TLT6s will likely need replacement next year. Lots of good options to try next fall.
    More is good. These lighter boots tend to be both harder to fit and more sensitive to fit. Hoping these are shaped like the Tour Pros. Looks like I could punch them where I'd likely need to punch them.

Is it possible we’ll see a few sizes available for retail in March?

There are maybe 6 pairs of 26.5s in NA and we will only have 26.5s until mid March.

Quote Originally Posted by skis_the_trees View Post
    Lame! Just another boot that stops at 30.5 sizing. Where are the 31/31.5???
    Have you tried the 30.5 in the ZGTP? That shell runs big IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kamtron View Post
    With that color scheme and look it really reminds me of the 1st gen Backland.
    Or a second generation TLT6

With this grilamid/carbon mix Black is the only shell color option.

With this grilamid/carbon mix Black is the only shell color option.
    That's my favorite color.

Are there any front view pics of the upper cuff showing the buckle and closure mechanism better? Is the cuff fairly high for a boot in this category?

I'll be getting a pair of the 26.5s to try out but not for a few weeks. Taking off to Revy and BC Interior to ski so won't have time to nerd out.

In the meantime keep firing questions. I'll stick some Intuition liners in them also as I always do

I’d curious what they ski/ flex in comparison to the Scarpa F1 Lt, Backland Carbon or other 1kg boot, if you’ve tried them on in the past, and what its limit is.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums