Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7
    I went 27.5 vs my 26.5 ZGPT. My ZGPT both needed 6th toe punchess, the Peak does not.
    I formed my own liner and footbed: a rather large volume Sole footbed in it.
    ~100g heaver per boot than my 27.5 Alien RS, but skis significantly better.
    They were great on the first hut trip... well try it on this next hut trip and report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Very good review, thanks. One thing I didn't see (or missed): what ski are you on?
    I'm in the same boat with boots, 3 seasons in ZGTP, extremely tight fit, sniffing around for a new boot next season, and these are on the short list. Not many reviews around yet, and too many from people who are more into uphill running than actual skiing so most of the feedback is about the ROM not being best in class without any info about how the damn boot actually works with real skis (ie >105 underfoot and >1400g). I'm happy with the ROM on the ZGTP, obviously it could get a lot better but it's never stopped me from banging out huge days. I'm not willing to sacrifice more than a tiny bit of downhill performance though and that's where I need more feedback!
    I've skied ~30 days with them since Dec 30th.

I've used them ~50/50 with K2 Dispatch 120s (186cm), Blizzard Zero G 105s (180cm) — and a couple days going uphill fast at a ski resort with Dynafit Blacklight Pro skis.. whichever model is 79mm under foot. About half of the days have been with the stock liner, and the other half with Intuition Pro Tour.

I'm sure there are boots with better ROM; that said, the difference between these & the ZGTP is enormous in terms of rearward flex.

I skied my ZGTPs for the first time in a while at a ski area the other day. The performance difference is notable—the ZGTPs hike fine (obviously heavier; rearward ROM not an issue while bootlicking) and ski better for sure. A part of that is a fit with a bit less slop in it (ZGTP shell is a tighter fit for me & I have an alpine wrap liner locking my foot down).

I'd say it's at least a 10% difference — ymmv. It's more than a tiny bit.

That said, the Peaks can push around a bigger ski if you know what you are doing — and more easily if the snow is good. As the snow gets trickier the limits of the boot will be more exposed. The Peaks do have a more progressive flex than I've experienced in other light boots. They do feel like real ski boots, albeit softer ones.

IMO other light boots have felt less like ski boots than these.

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    I went 27.5 vs my 26.5 ZGPT. My ZGPT both needed 6th toe punchess, the Peak does not.
    I formed my own liner and footbed: a rather large volume Sole footbed in it.
    ~100g heaver per boot than my 27.5 Alien RS, but skis significantly better.
    They were great on the first hut trip... well try it on this next hut trip and report back.
    Seems like although I've only had mine for 5 weeks I may be among those with the most experience on them. My gut tells me that although they can be driven hard, if one is skiing them the same way as they do their ZGTPs (which I think is possible or close to it), they won't last as long.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Popping in with an update:

The conclusion—I fit an Intuition Pro Tour (MV) in and molded it.

More info—
    I skied the stock liners for 10 days or so. They're obviously super thin & light — and they didn't ski *that* bad.

I went up a shell size vs my ZGTPs (which have a very aggressive fit). While skiing I would get some heel lift. Felt like I had room around the Achilles and instep. I didn't have the opportunity to try on a smaller shell size—my gut tells me that while it would surely be shorter, I don't know that it would have solved my issue with the extra volume around the foot.

After being unable to get an unbaked Pro Tour MV into the boots (let alone how difficult I'd imagine a baked liner would be!), I got my hands on a few sizes of the Intuition Tour Wrap bc there were reports of that fitting in the boot. That liner just sucks, though. Yeah, it probably has great ROM, but it's a totally different material than the more desirable (skiing-wise) Intuitions, and I'm fairly sure it would break down quickly.

I figured out a way to more reliably fit the Intuitions into the boot: Just fold over the top cm of the stretchy "over boot". This simple trick keeps the liner from getting hung up on the stretchy material which provided a shocking amount of resistance. Suddenly getting the liner in was easy!

The Palau Power LT liner seemed more interesting than the Tour Wrap, but it didn't quit take up the volume I wanted. Seemed like it would tour pretty well if It works for someone.

I was able to fit the Pro Tour LV into my boots. There's not much material to them, so they won't take up much space if that's your issue. I felt I could ski them without baking them (which I feel like would help their longevity a bit). However, I was still getting a little movement in the Achilles.

This brought me back to trying the Pro Tour MV once more. With the new technique I got the liner into the boot! I was also able to get my foot in there — solid around the heel and WAY TOO TIGHT around the instep and toe-box. I'd have to bake them to solve that issue, but I figured it would be a worthwhile trade-off as the heel would be what I needed.

Of note: With the stock liner, I was maxed out (as in max tightness) of the lower buckle. This made me nervous with an out-of-the-box boot.

With the Intuition MVs, I molded them so I'm on the 1st or 2nd position in both lower and upper cuff.

I definitely prefer Intuition's true alpine-style wrap liners for skiing. I pointed out above I like the Godiva in my ZGTP. (See earlier post for rationale.)

The Pro Tour is unlikely to last as long as an alpine wrap liner, but it does have more ROM which is important in a boot in the Peak Carbon's category.

I probably added about 100g in terms of liners. I'll measure that. The ski performance jumped probably 10-20%, and ROM got about 5-10% worse.

I have hundreds of days on my ZGTPs in the last couple years. The walk-mode of the Peak Carbon is so much better that I was OK giving up a little ROM.

I got the boots right at the new year and put about 18 days on the stock liners — including pushing a K2 Dispatch 120 (186cm) around. I actually expected to use the Peak Carbon for only my longest days, usually involves miles of flat lake crossings to begin and end, and the ZGTP for everything else.

What's shocking is that since I got these boots on Dec 30th, I have not once used my ZGTPs, and I've toured every single day.

I'm mostly skied them in softer snow, but I've been impressed at how I can actually PUSH the boot, and they can drive a larger ski. Compared to other boots I've skied in the class, these tour similarly but feel most like I'm actually SKIING.

FWIW, a friend broke the lower buckle on this 3rd day out. I'm on Day 26 or 27 with them... but I tend to be more on the smooth end of skiers, and I'm fortunate to mostly ski softer snow. I have railed them on corduroy after skinning the local resort. They're a pleasure going uphill in that situation (yeah, a true race boot is WAY lighter) — and they've been great carving 2d snow.

Hope someone finds something helpful here. That simple trick of folding over the stretchy cuff helped a TON — and was so simple I couldn't believe I didn't get that immediately. It's what lead me down the path of trying the lighter/thinner liners (Tour Wrap, Pro Tour LV, and Palau Pro LT).

Durability of Pro Tour liner & the boot overall? We'll see.
    hi, can you share the sizes of inutitions you used vs the size of your shell? thinking of getting an pro tour mv or lv into my 29.5 shell

Quote Originally Posted by djhutch View Post
    The tight gaiter and difficulty getting both the foot and liner in and out of the Peaks are the only thing I don't like, love everything about this boot
    I just got these and can not get them on, nor can I get them off without taking the liner off as well. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    I've skied ~30 days with them since Dec 30th.

I've used them ~50/50 with K2 Dispatch 120s (186cm), Blizzard Zero G 105s (180cm) — and a couple days going uphill fast at a ski resort with Dynafit Blacklight Pro skis.. whichever model is 79mm under foot. About half of the days have been with the stock liner, and the other half with Intuition Pro Tour.

I'm sure there are boots with better ROM; that said, the difference between these & the ZGTP is enormous in terms of rearward flex.

I skied my ZGTPs for the first time in a while at a ski area the other day. The performance difference is notable—the ZGTPs hike fine (obviously heavier; rearward ROM not an issue while bootlicking) and ski better for sure. A part of that is a fit with a bit less slop in it (ZGTP shell is a tighter fit for me & I have an alpine wrap liner locking my foot down).

I'd say it's at least a 10% difference — ymmv. It's more than a tiny bit.

That said, the Peaks can push around a bigger ski if you know what you are doing — and more easily if the snow is good. As the snow gets trickier the limits of the boot will be more exposed. The Peaks do have a more progressive flex than I've experienced in other light boots. They do feel like real ski boots, albeit softer ones.

IMO other light boots have felt less like ski boots than these.

Seems like although I've only had mine for 5 weeks I may be among those with the most experience on them. My gut tells me that although they can be driven hard, if one is skiing them the same way as they do their ZGTPs (which I think is possible or close to it), they won't last as long.
    hey man what size od the pro tour mv did you fit into these compared to your shell size? thinking of getting mv or lvs..

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I just got these and can not get them on, nor can I get them off without taking the liner off as well. Any suggestions?
    I leave the liner in all the time.

To put on, switch to walk mode and wiggle in while holding the loops on the front and back of the liner. Walk mode lets you get the right angle to slide past the overlap portion.

To get them off, switch to ski mode and pry them off using the back of the cuff.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    I leave the liner in all the time.

To put on, switch to walk mode and wiggle in while holding the loops on the front and back of the liner. Walk mode lets you get the right angle to slide past the overlap portion.

To get them off, switch to ski mode and pry them off using the back of the cuff.

I tried that and got them and on but Jesus near impossible to get off. Walk mode and I pulled the upper cuff all the way down. I was thinking of cutting the neoprene cuff.

Any reports on driving a heavier touring ski like a 187 BGT110?

Trying to replace some Hawx Ultras that never fit quite right with something that has better ROM (most important) and lighter (less important). Fairly certain I'd love these once Spring volcano skiing rolls around but I'm hoping they'll be enough boot for general soft snow hunting too.

Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    I tried that and got them and on but Jesus near impossible to get off. Walk mode and I pulled the upper cuff all the way down. I was thinking of cutting the neoprene cuff.
    Put them on in walk mode, take them off in ski mode. I have very high arches and can barely get them on or off the other way. When taking them off I usually just pull the liner out with my foot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    Put them on in walk mode, take them off in ski mode. I have very high arches and can barely get them on or off the other way. When taking them off I usually just pull the liner out with my foot as well.
    Same. But with low arches

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post
    Any reports on driving a heavier touring ski like a 187 BGT110?

Trying to replace some Hawx Ultras that never fit quite right with something that has better ROM (most important) and lighter (less important). Fairly certain I'd love these once Spring volcano skiing rolls around but I'm hoping they'll be enough boot for general soft snow hunting too.
    I haven't done this yet but keep thinking about it. I have a bg108t that I usually ski with a skorpius, but I think these would probably still be OK. Especially for that kind of ski that's going to be mostly soft snow and can be skied more centered.

That being said skorpius should also be on your list, has similar ROM I think but is a tad stiffer/heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post

That being said skorpius should also be on your list, has similar ROM I think but is a tad stiffer/heavier.
    I carpet tested both side-by-side and the Skorpius has much better ROM but unfortunately, for me, the heel hold was worse and there was enough problematic fit issues with the instep right where the boa interacts that I suspect I just have the wrong feet for them.