Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    This looks like my next boot! I am a 26.5, but don't have any industry inside tracks. Some of y'all probably have a better guess on general availability timeline? Like ... soon enough to ski this year (probably not, unless I luck into some ex demo 26.5s or something)?

These won’t be available for purchase until next fall. The development cycle is a little behind on these due to covid challenges.

For Lee
    Liner thoughts. I know you are going to put an intuition in them, but I hate to buy a new liner for a new boot.
    BSL
    Compare downhill and uphill performance to boots you know.
    Height of cuff and spine relative to other boots

Quote Originally Posted by wasatchback View Post
    The biggest difference in these boots is the fact that there is some overlap over the top of the foot. It really helps to reduce the amount of deformation an open throat shell experiences when putting the ski on edge. This combined with the double blocking mechanism makes the boots much more efficient and gives them the ability to power bigger skis.

Weight difference is due to the fact that the carbon for reinforcing the cuff is slightly heavier.

There are very few pairs in NA right now and they’re the last round of protos. More boots for testing/samples won’t be here until end of February.
    For me, the limiting factor for fit/performance/comfort in this class of boots is the getting enough even pressure through the instep for my low volume feet. From the video of the overlap closure on these, count me interested enough to try them on when I get an opportunity.

Hopefully they wouldn’t have immediately-straight-to-the-landfill liners

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    For me, the limiting factor for fit/performance/comfort in this class of boots is the getting enough even pressure through the instep for my low volume feet. From the video of the overlap closure on these, count me interested enough to try them on when I get an opportunity.
    Same, exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by indyjones View Post
    Hopefully they wouldn’t have immediately-straight-to-the-landfill liners
    I just assume the liners will need an upgrade. I know it isn't fun, but better to be happy than save money.

For 23 the ZeroG Tour Pro and Scout liners get an upgrade. They get a denser foam and they get some CAS microcell material in the heal and ankle.

The Prototype Peak liners right now aren’t the finished liners. They too will be getting some of the CAS material (j bars basically) and I believe the density of the foam is changing as well to what the new ZGTP liners are but I’m not 100% sure on that.

I’ll post some pics of the new ZGTP liners when I get a chance.

Good news there and about time

The biggest difference in these boots is the fact that there is some overlap over the top of the foot. It really helps to reduce the amount of deformation an open throat shell experiences when putting the ski on edge. This combined with the double blocking mechanism makes the boots much more efficient and gives them the ability to power bigger skis.

Weight difference is due to the fact that the carbon for reinforcing the cuff is slightly heavier.

There are very few pairs in NA right now and they’re the last round of protos. More boots for testing/samples won’t be here until end of February.
    Is the assumption that ZGTP is still going to be the more capable downhill ski boot?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher3000 View Post
    Is the assumption that ZGTP is still going to be the more capable downhill ski boot?
    Yup

4 buckles, full overlap, 1lb heavier per boot

I skier for a year in the zgtp, skied ok, but with the limited forward range of motion, it was somewhat hard to climb couloirs, especially if you got into some steep rock.
    Left year i got the hoji free 130, the one with the normal toe.
    150 g heavier, but my uphill speed was the same, probably because of the huge range of motion.

And they skied better, i could feel it immediately on ice, not as much lateral give as the zero gtp.

This was the first dynafit boot that i ever considered, and I'm glad i did.

Liners are still good after 60 days.
    Only modification was adding voile straps over the liner, inside the shell.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

And, as opposed to other non overlap boots, it has good progressive flex, but stiff

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    And, as opposed to other non overlap boots, it has good progressive flex, but stiff

Yes, to me the quality of flex and dampening of the Hoji Free is indistinguishable from my alpine boots in most conditions. It’s really just limitations in fit that hold them back when it gets (firm, variable) challenging.

Too loose?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Too loose?

Happy to geek out on Hoji’s, but have just done so in the Hoji Free thread. Sorry, but I don’t know how link these things.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    BSL on the 26.5? AKA “Am I gonna have to remount my touring skis?”

And I’d be happy to test one of those pairs - 26.5 is perfect🤣
    Anyone know the BSL on these?

Quote Originally Posted by disco View Post
    Anyone know the BSL on these?
    288 on 26.5

288 on 26.5
    No way…the ZGTP is 303 in a 26.5

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Different boots.

Go compare the Backland and Hawx xtd BSL’s.

Why not? Backland Carbon is 288 in a 26.5, TLT6 was 287 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gregL View Post
    Why not? Backland Carbon is 288 in a 26.5, TLT6 was 287 . . .
    Just seems like there's no way I'll get my foot in it! I guess I could be wrong about that.

Just seems like there's no way I'll get my foot in it! I guess I could be wrong about that.
    My guess is you'll want to go with a 27.5 (have yet to try a Peak on) . . . I got the 26.5 Backland Carbon to work with a bunch of work, but I upsized to 27.5 in the TLT5/6 . . . as you know, I also upsized in the Dalbello Quantum boots which run short but have full 9523 sole dimensions.

BSL has nothing to do with how these fit. These have much shorter toe and heal lugs like any boot in this class. 26.5 fits like a 26.5. Had one person comment they they were a touch shorter than ZGTP but everyone else who wears a 26.5 has skied in these no problem. Only compatible with pin bindings.

Leelau, (or anyone else) did you get a chance to test these yet?